Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-14-2005, 09:48 AM   #1  

Default Do you need to be sore the next day?

Quite often I feel like I had a great workout but am not sore at all the next day - is this normal? I am hoping that this doesn't mean I am not working hard enough
Gumbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:54 AM   #2  
Meg

No, soreness really isn't a very good indicator of how hard you've worked out.

Most people are sorest when they first start exercising or try an exercise they've never done before. Also, at least for me, certain muscles almost always get sore (legs, tri's), some occasionally get sore (bi's, chest) and some almost never get sore (back, shoulders, abs).

It sounds like you're doing just fine -- keep up the good work!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:12 AM   #3  

Whew! Thanks Meg!
Gumbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:42 AM   #4  

I wondered this too, so thanks for asking the question. My legs hardly ever get sore, my poor old abs do (they have enough to worry about carrying all my tummy fat and then I do fitball work and they complain bitterly!!! Doesn't stop me though) and my shoulders and back also get sore from time to time.

So I guess that just goes to prove what we've always known, that we're all different!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:58 PM   #5  

I have a question regarding soreness...I did the first upper body workout in BFL, and the largest weights I dealt with were 10lbs. Why am I so sore? I've used the upper and lower body machines at the gym relatively regularly (with higher weight levels) and I haven't been this sore.
trixiepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:29 PM   #6  
Mel

Free weights are a whole different ball game You are using many more muscles to stabilize your body and the weights than you would use with a machine. Machines are designed to isolate 1 muscle or muscle group.

Welcome to real weight lifting

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote