Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-16-2005, 08:28 AM   #1  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Angry No noticable difference, long distance bf arrivin Jan!

I say and according to the scales I have indeed lost weight, and sometimes I think I look better for it but only slightly.
Ive lost 10-11lbs in weight and my clothes are generally fit the same, everything is still the same well I think its psychological that I somethimes see a difference. shouldnt I notice more of a change from 10lbs??

Or is this not fat like I was hoping and just water?

I havent seen my long-distance bf since august when I was that largest I have ever been is coming to see my at the end or january for a week, I was expecting him april when I could show off all my hard work as hopefully there would be more of a difference, he doesnt care what size Im am and I am doing this for me, but it would be nice to show off to him, ya know?
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:03 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I bet he will notice the difference more than you. You look at yourself every day, and we are our own worst critics. Even if your clothes aren't fitting differently around your waist, I bet your arms, face, chin, legs, and such will be noticably thinner to him. Are you exercising in addition to watching what you eat? Exercising (particularly weight training and resistance exercises) will help you to lose fat instead of muscle, which might help. Just keep up the hard work, and it will be well worth it, for even if you never lose a single centimeter, just imagine how much happier your body is on the inside for being healthier (though I know the goal is to get thinner, so it's still frustrating)
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:11 AM   #3  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
[COLOR=indigo]I bet he will notice the difference more than you. You look at yourself every day, and we are our own worst critics.
Amen to that!

By the way, angel, congrats on your loss so far and keep it up, you're doing just fine. It's perfectly normal to look in the mirror and see NOTHING. In fact, when I first started, I didn't see any visable difference in the way I looked until I was down 30-40 pounds. But then I had a lot more to lose than you did.

Give it time, you'll notice it eventually
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:10 PM   #4  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

thanks
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:47 PM   #5  

I echo everything the other girls said and also, 10 pounds is a lot to lose when you are starting at 154! I have lost 24 pounds and still don't feel a huge difference in how my clothes fit, so I know how discouraged you feel! But I bet he will notice in your face; they say that's where the weight comes off first! Keep up the good work!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:20 PM   #6  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

I also very much understand and sympathize! I have nearly lost 50 pounds and dont really notice too much of a difference. Nobody has commented on my wieght loss, but I do have hopes that at least *I* will notice the difference soon! I think it would make it much easier to continue

I know that percentage wise.. you have lost a greater percentage of weight than me,, so I bet you'll see a difference soon.

Which brings me to a question... what percentage do you need to lose to start seeing a difference?
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #7  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernurse_mommie
Which brings me to a question... what percentage do you need to lose to start seeing a difference?
That depends on what you weigh to begin with. Like with me, I started at 220. I started noticing a difference at about 30-40 pounds. But you're starting higher, so you may not notice a difference until you're down much further.

Just keep going. You're doing great and you'll see it soon
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernurse_mommie
I also very much understand and sympathize! I have nearly lost 50 pounds and dont really notice too much of a difference. Nobody has commented on my wieght loss, but I do have hopes that at least *I* will notice the difference soon! I think it would make it much easier to continue

I know that percentage wise.. you have lost a greater percentage of weight than me,, so I bet you'll see a difference soon.

Trust me; you are diffferent.

I can see 5# if I look carefully, but it can be tricky becaue I visualize myself as being thinner than I really am. That is why i am taking progress photos under the same conditions. Ultraclyde (http://bostondiet.blogspot.com/) has daily progress photos on his blog, which are pretty fascinating.

Not everyone notices. One woman I work with was surprised to find out I was dieting, and I have lost almost 100#.
RobertW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

supernurse: I've lost 50 pounds and I don't know if many people have noticed. But when I look at the before and after pics, I can REALLY see it!

I think it's also possible that people notice something but don't say anything right away, especially for those of us who started fatter!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 319/307/145

Height: 5'8"

angel, you have been doing wonderful!
Keep up the great work and good luck on your
awesome reunion with your boyfriend!

Softykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:37 PM   #11  
playin' for keeps

I'm always amazed at how long it takes to notice a difference in the mirror. At almost 45 pounds gone, I still struggle to see any noticeable difference. Bizarre.

But, I can absolutely see it in pictures. How weird is that? Pretty seriously weird, if you ask me. But it works. Try taking a picture of yourself. If that still doesn't work, lay it down next to a picture at your highest weight. It's a big ego boost!

cheers!
paula
cagirlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:00 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagirlygirl

But, I can absolutely see it in pictures. How weird is that? Pretty seriously weird, if you ask me. But it works. Try taking a picture of yourself. If that still doesn't work, lay it down next to a picture at your highest weight. It's a big ego boost!

cheers!
paula
In my case it is because I visualize myself as being 30# thinner than I really am. Pictures, however, make it clear how much I have lost.
RobertW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I read this in another thread this morning and I've noticed it too. People seem to notice your weight loss when you have to change clothes. When I had to get new uniforms, then the girls at work started asking about it.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:27 AM   #14  

Pick up a 10 pound weight and carry it around for awhile & tell yourself this is what I had. Think about if you gained it back, would you feel the weight added on. 10 pounds is awesome to lose!! Keep working on it and keep in mind your bf is in love with you.....ALL of you, even the 10 pounds you kicked out of your life!!
He likes my big butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:06 AM   #15  

I've lost 46 lbs and some days I think I look fatter???? I know it is all psychological but it is hard to see weight loss. I agree that pictures are the best way to tell and another great tool is a tape measure. I have lost 15 inches between my chest, waist and hips...not to mention another three inches off each thigh. WHen I think about that I know I am smaller, no matter what I see when I look in the mirror.
luvshack is offline   Reply With Quote