Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-14-2005, 11:45 PM   #1  
I'm under tall!!!

Thumbs up Holy smokes!!!!

I am totally shocked!! In less than a week, my insurance approved me for WLS!! I got the call this afternoon and my physical is scheduled for next Wednesday!!

I went to my first seminar last Tuesday and from there I was expecting it to be about 2 or 3 weeks. And then I thought for sure my insurance was going to give me grief. I never in a million years expected things to go so smoothly. Let's just hope it continues that way!!
TammyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:50 PM   #2  
unemployed karma fairy

S/C/G: 245/146/149

Height: 5'5"

OMG! I'm so excited for you! Gosh, that WAS fast. Do you feel like you have time enough to take it all in??!
indigo child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:55 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

WOW!!!!! this must be a world's record for approval!!!!! what kind of prep work does your doc require? psych clearance? dietician? what'll happen after the physical?????

congratulations!!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:10 AM   #4  

omg, TL! You must just be over the top with this news!! Talk about feeling like you've been given a Christmas gift!

Details! When will you get your date? And what procedure is this for? How much to you hope to lose?

Hubs
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:14 PM   #5  
I'm under tall!!!

Hey hubs, is that you??

From what I learned at the first seminar, I will have to have the psych eval and I will also need to have a sleep study done and see a chardiologist. The clinic I am going through only does the RNY. They said they hope to start doing the lapband next year.

I am totally ready for this Indy!! Mainly I am just shocked it was so fast. But the sooner the better, right?? I have to wonder if my BMI has anything to do with the quickness of everything. Has any of you ever heard of anything like that?
When they were giving the requirements for certain BMI's, they said that a person in a certain range was automatically approved. I am assuming that means that since I am well above that range, the co-morbidities aren't a huge concern. I will get the surgey no matter what. Oh heck, I don't know. I will have more info after next wednesday.
I can't wait!!!!!!
TammyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:34 PM   #6  

I waited nearly 2 years after I was approved the first time here in Canada TL. It was a long, painful wait.

And yes... its me! back atcha!

I'll be looking forward to your updates!
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:25 AM   #7  
unemployed karma fairy

S/C/G: 245/146/149

Height: 5'5"

Me, too, Tammy! Please call me if you have any questions about anything! You know I'm here for you, girl!
indigo child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Great news! Good luck and let us know what comes next!
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote