Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:40 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#59)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:51 PM   #2  

Hello

First of all, I hope you'll forgive me for not being a very good moderator and not being around. So much is going on, I thought it would be best to stay away for awhile.

Dad's surgery went well. He's cut from under his armpit down to his wrist and all around his elbow.He broke his arm and crushed his elbow. He has a metal plate and screws,nuts & bolts. He'll get his stitches out of his face on Thursday. He had a very hard fall. He'll recovery but it will take lots of time.

I have been working my regular job at school, working football games & private parties at the stadium and then all my free time is at Mom & Dad's in KY. I can't wait 'til Friday! It's a half day of school then we are out until Jan.3rd!! I really need a break!!!!! I have my tree up, house decorated but no gifts yet. I haven't bought the first present. So...I have a lot to do!!

Ramona...I say a prayer for you daily. I wish my prayers would come true and he'll get well.Please know I love you and I think of you ALL the time.

I'll try hard to get another post in soon.

TO ALL THE FLOOZIES.....Thanks for being patience with me, for asking about me.. but most of all...for being my friend through the years. Happy & sad times. I love you all very much.........

Old 12-12-2005, 11:16 PM   #3  
Losing it!

WE LOVE YOU TOO SHER BEAR! I continue to pray for your fathers quick healing!

Suzy, I posted on the other thread, but now I can't find it!!! You are correct...with Dee it IS what happened in Vegas, stayed in Vegas. She is the wild one of the bunch!!!!

I am only about 1/2 way done with my Christmas shopping. Usually by this time, everything is purchased and I only need to wrap it. Going shopping sometime soon! I still don't have Ali's birthday presents purchased and it is the 18th!!!! YEEKSSSS!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:59 AM   #4  

Sherry-You are a wonderful moderator and you need a break sometimes! I am praying that your dad has a quick recovery.

I still haven't finished shopping either. I don't know what to get my nephews. Any tips on gifts for teenage boys, aged 18, 15, 11? I know shirts are always okay, but I'm not sure what else. These kids get whatever they want, so that's why it's so tough.

Our kids have 1/2 days starting tomorrow, then are out for break on starting Friday. I have to work Monday and Tuesday, then I'm off until January 2. Can't wait! Becky has strept throat and has to stay out of school until tomorrow, so I am having to take Patty to the high school before I go to work. Guess I'd better go!
Old 12-13-2005, 11:40 AM   #5  
Losing it!

Hope Becky is feeling better Shelley!!!! Most of the teenagers in our family get some small gift with a gift card from walmart or Hastings attached. I have found through the years Aunt Gayle & Uncle Steve never seem to be able to pick out the correct color etc. So the gift cards work well!!
Old 12-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #6  

Sherry you do a wonderful job moderating. We don't expect you to do any more than what you are doing. Are sympaties are with you when we know that you are so busy and stressed. I am praying for a quick recovery for your Dad.

Shelley be careful not to get strept throat too. Becky must have been pretty sick. Teenage boys are the hardest to buy for. Are they into any sports? Maybe a jersey or hat from their favorite team.

Gayle you are too funny. We sure had some laughs that I really can't share.
When is Allison's birthday again? Good luck with the shopping. I just looked over my list last night and I only have two gifts to wrap and I wrapped the last few that needed it. We worked on putting lights on our tree last night for two and a half hours and it is only half done.

Ramona I am thinking of you.

Suzy are you all done your shopping?

Will you all say a prayer for me today? I am having my epidural steroid injection today, for my back. There are some risks involved such as infection, puncturing the sac with spinal fluid,paralysis, and death. So you can see that I am scared. The risks are low but I have beat the odds before too.
I will need rest today and I should know within 4 days if it worked. I could be pain free. Yipee!

Hope you all have a Merry day.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:45 PM   #7  

Hey all!

School is finally over for the semester. I took my last final exam last night. I am very happy that I don't have to worry about that anymore!! I don't know now if I'm going to take a class next semester--taking two this term just about did me in!

If I don't take a class, I'm going to join the gym here in town--I've been wanting to for a long time now, but just haven't had time in my busy schedule to go (driving an hour to class three days/week & trying to stay on top of work and school work seriously cut into my time). I really think part of the reason I've gained so much weight and been unable to take any of it off is a result of not exercising anymore. I miss the gym!!

Anyway, I'll probably be popping in more now that my schedule has calmed down somewhat.

Cheryl
Old 12-13-2005, 06:10 PM   #8  

Cheryl-Happy to see you back!

Dee-I am sending prayers your way. I hope everything turned out okay today. Please have Larry let us know if you can't.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:39 PM   #9  
Janice

Dee- I hope everything went okay. It will be so nice to be pain free.
Ramona - you, Dan and your family are in my prayers and thoughts constantly. It is unbelievable the way he was treated in that Vet Hospital, that is disgusting.
I have all my shopping done wrapped and under the tree. We have had so much snow lately, it is hard to get to work. We are supposed to get another storm Thursday and then right through until Monday. I am tired of winter already.
I work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day. I will get home about 3:00 on Christmas Day. Amanda is working too. The old folks need us too!
Doug will cook the Turkey and we will have dinner when we get home.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:46 AM   #10  

Good Morning girls.

Sorry i have been absent to but i have been battling illness myself and just haven't felt like posting till now.
Had the flu really bad for 2wks. got a cold, got over them and got it again. The whole time kept the daycare open and had Eddie or Cara help me.

Next week Eddie and I are heading for Florida to see parents & sis. can't wait but really don't want to take the long drive but will manage.

Ramona my prayers and thoughts are with you and your loved ones. Sorry the gov. can't take better care of their people. Hope Dan recovers soon so you can bring him home.

Sherry my thoughts are with you and your loved ones also. Hope Dad gets on the mend real soon.

Dee...love your pic and really liked the email you got from your friend on "Sisters". I should be a better Sister in the "Sisterhood" than i am-i feel that i am such a boring person that know one would really want to hear what i have to say or what's going on in my life. But i love coming here and reading what my friends here are doing and feel a connection in just reading what you all are doing in your lives. I don't have any family that is close or in-laws that i connect with so you gals are my family and friends.

I love you all and wish everyone a Great Holiday.

Gosh i hope that doesn't sound like poor pitiful me
Old 12-14-2005, 11:27 AM   #11  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Sherry ~ Sounds like you have been one busy lady! I'm glad to hear that your dad's surgery went well and that he is recovering!

Shelley ~ I hope Becky is feeling better by now and that the rest of your family doesn't end up sick too! Strep throat is awful!

I agree with Gayle, you can't go wrong with a small gift with a gift card included for teens...they are so hard to buy for!

Dee ~ I'm thinking of you! I sure hope the injection yesterday went well and that you are feeling better and pain free now!

I still have shopping to do...mainly gift cards to pick up and a few other little things. I'm hoping I can finish tomorrow...if the snow, sleet and ice storm that is predicted holds off long enough!

Oh and you're right...it does sound like we have a lot in common!

Cheryl ~ Congratulations on finishing the semester! Enjoy your free time!

Janice ~ Shopping done, wrapped and under the tree??? I'm jealous!

Vicky ~ I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well! Day care is a hard enough job when you are healthy...I wouldn't even want to think about doing it if I were sick!

Have a safe trip to Florida and send some sunshine north while you're there...we're freezing up here!
Old 12-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #12  

I am doing well today. Yesterday was rough. I went into shock from the stress and fear. I was shaking so hard as I lie on the hard table in the operating room. I thought that the doctor would hit a nerve and I would be post. While he was doing his first time live extra with no dye, I felt pretty fear full especially when blood started to spurt everywhere including my cheek. Yuck, that wasn't supposed to happen. I did find out that I have an extra vertebra. You think that I would be talker than what I am. I guess I am lucky to have it or I would be under five feet.
After the procedure I had more leg pain and was totally wiped. I wouldn't even talk to Larry. It wasn't something I would want to do many times but if it helps then it will be all worth it. I haven't any results yet. I am in pain but that is normal. We will see what the weekend will bring.

Sherry how are you and your family doing? Did you get any shopping done last night?

Gayle are you busy working today or are you out shopping?

Shelley thanks for the prayers. Trust me I was praying that the Lord was guiding the doctors hands as I watched it on the monitor in front of me. If I wasn't the patient it would have been interesting to watch. There was even one of the doctors in the room that was a spotter to tell the surgeon when I was having pain.

Cheryl I am glad that you will be popping in more often. It must be a relief to have school finished, especial this time of year everyone is so busy. I think it is time to take a look at yourself and spend some quality time at the gym. Once you start again you will see the benefits.

Janice it must be nice to have everything organized for Christmas. Have you done a lot of cooking and baking too? That is tough that you have to work for Christmas but it is a good thing that Doug knows how to cook. You will arrive home to delicious smells. I know what you mean about being tired of winter. Why do you think that I keep running away?

Vicki I am sorry to hear that you were sick. I was wondering if Santa took you to the North Pole to help straighten out all his elves. Who is Cara going to be with for Christmas? You should have a lovely time in Florida. I am sure that it will be different with out Cara. You are my friend and family too. Even though I have family and friends here you girls are a big part of my life. Don't ever think that we don't want to hear how you are doing. I ran a day care too and I know it is long days and all kids stuff. You are doing one of the most important jobs that there is. Be a proud mama.

Suzy thanks for thinking of me. Positives vibes help. I hope that you will be able to get the rest of your shopping done tonight. We are going out to the mall one more time to pick up a few things that really aren't needed. Still working on stringing the lights on the tree. Last night Larry worked about an hour an a half, which makes four hours so far. I think one more hour will do it and then we will be able to decorate and put gifts underneath the tree.

Time to get some Christmas cheer going, better run.

Happy day to you all.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:50 AM   #13  

Dee-I hope you are better today. You are a dear friend and I hate to see you hurting so much. Thank goodness you have a loving husband to help you through all this pain you have to endure.

Vicki-Exactly when will you be in Tampa?

Janice-Boxing Day.... when I told my kids and husband exactly what it is, they had to laugh. Dee told us all about it.

Suzy-I hate to give gift cards because my SIL always gives my girls so many gifts. A gift card just doesn't seem enough to open. I'll probably do clothes again.

I still have about 4 days left of gifts for Hanukkah for the girls also. I'm slow this year!
Old 12-15-2005, 04:21 PM   #14  

Shelley boy would I have loved to visit you today. I had a dentist appointment at 8:30 this morning. As I walked there the wind was blowing blustery snow in my face that sent a chill down my spine. It is just wicked out. The one nice thing I can say about the day is that the trees are blanketed with a thick white fluff of snow. Sure looks pretty but it is brutel to be facing the elements outside. It is also very icy.

By the way Shelley what day is Hannukkah? I wish that I could be of more help as to ideas for gifts for your nephews. What about games for the xbox or play station? Are they into that?

How is everyone else doing? Are you all being Santa's helpers today?

I am doing better today than I was yesterday. I haven't taken any extra drugs for the pain from the injection. I hope that tomorrow I will be pain free.
Larry is off from the 23rd to Jan 2nd. I have been busy today trying to prepare some of the meals for when he is home. I made 11 dozen meatballs, chicken soup, and pork and crandberry stuffing, plus a huge pot of chili. I am about done. I am surprised I was able to do all that. This is the first time that I sit for over 10 minutes today. I am treating myself with a latte.
I don't know if you guys read my weigh in post, but I actually lost weight in Vegas! I couldn't believe it because trust me I had everything I wanted to eat plus more. Lots of sweets too. {{{smug}}}

Well time to stir that chili, hope you are all doing well.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:28 PM   #15  
Janice

Shelley - Don't you have Boxing Day?? I thought everyone did.
Dee- You sound so much better. I hope tomorrow is even better for you. It would be wonderful if you are totally pain free.
I know what you mean about the weather. It is terrible here too. We are expecting 30 centimeters of snow tonight. Should be fun driving to work in the morning. I am tired of snow already.
I am going to join the gym in January, I needed to let my hands heal first.
I am having a lot of stiffness in my hips, back and knees. I hope the gym will help get rid of it.
Hello to everyone else. Happy Christmas Shopping.
Ramona - you are in my prayers.
Closed Thread