Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:53 PM   #1  

Default Anyone on a ttc hold to lose weight?

I was just wondering if there was anyone else on here that was in a holding pattern on ttc in order to lose weight. Halloween marks our 2 year anniversary of ttc baby #3 but we've decided to put things on hold so that I can get my body under control.

Anyone else in a simular situation?
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:59 AM   #2  
One day at a time

We've put TTC off for awhile for alot of reasons (weight, money, etc) and after talking with my OBGYN we decided that we are going to TTC while I am losing weight. As long as I don't do any crazy diets or things like that I will be fine. I really would like to lost at least 35lbs before I get pregnant but I just don't want to wait to lose it before we try. But anyway I know how you feel! Its tough being in a situation like this! If you ever need to talk feel free to pm me!
TamLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:11 AM   #3  

Hi! Sorry I forgot about this thread for some reason. We're only putting off until January to give me a chance to jump start my weightloss. After that I'm going to continue trying to loose but not so radical. I'm sure once I get pregnant the weightloss will be acutally hard to prevent. When I was pregnant with both my children I lost 30 pounds in the first trimester unfortunately I gained 60 in the second and third. I'm hoping though that by following a proper diet I can avoid that this time.

Good luck to you.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/230/145

My DH and I are currently TTC... This is month #27... We finally came to the conclusion that we should both lose some weight. My DH has waaayyy less to lose than I do, but I know that if I can get to a healthier weight I will not only have a healthier pregnancy, but a healthier baby as well....
boobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:50 PM   #5  

Very true Amber. And to think when we get all this weight off we'll also have an easier time chasing a toddler around!
Old 10-29-2005, 02:55 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Well Amber good luck in your weight loss!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:06 PM   #7  

Smile

I am TTC while trying to lose weight. We have been TTC #1 since March 2003, I know that slowly but surley we will get there. I hope to keep in touch with you ladies who are TTC...as it gets a little discouraging sometimes. Good luck with losing weight and TTC!
KewlBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:04 PM   #8  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Well, we are putting it off, partially to lose weight, and partially because my husband is being deployed for a few months. But we actually stopped trying three months ago with the intent to lose weight, but I have been pretty unsuccessful so far!
I need help! I really do want to lose weight so I can be healthy enough to have a healthy pregnancy. I also have complications with TTC and I will be going in next week to see if my tubes are blocked. I don't know if I want them to be, because they can fix it, or hope that they are not, because - who wants their tubes to be blocked.
P.S. We have been TTC for 4 years, so it is not that I am new to this...
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:00 PM   #9  

We are currently TTC #1, I went off the pill back in late June and we've officially been trying(we werent preventing before) since October....I would love to lose 40 lbs before conceiving, but its not a priority.
ABurns27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:14 PM   #10  

Hi,
We are waiting just a little longer to start trying again. I've lost 70 pounds so far...but would like to be a little closer to my goal weight before conceiving. It's kind of bitter sweet for me because I have both endometriosis and pcos...we've tried a little but due to pain,etc....."trying" isn't very easy right now....so...we've decided to wait a little longer....I hopefully will be closer to my goal weight by early summer..then I plan to have another "clean up" surgery for my endometriosis...then we'll be set...and hopefully things will happen easily for us..but who knows? For me personally...I want to be in the best shape I can be....I know everyone doesn't feel the same way and I really think it's up to the individual....so many women of all shapes and sizes have beautiful and healthy babies every day Good luck to you both with your weight loss adventure and with ttc
hugs,
roundrn
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote