Old 10-03-2004, 01:18 PM   #1  
I found my hipbones!

Default OP Apple recipes

Help! My wonderful, sweet dad buys me a peck of McIntosh apples every fall, and they are my FAVORITE kind. I usually have a hard time using them all up before they get mushy, so I make pies and apple crisps and crepes...anything apply I can come up with. Of course, all of these treats use sugar or brown sugar, so I'm at a loss. Imagine my surprise when I searched the recipe forum for apples and it turned up NOTHING.

I know there are a couple apple recipes in the books, but I've lent them to my MIL, so I don't have access to those right now. I love the apples and peanut butter solution, but I think I'll be very sick of them if eat a whole peck of apples that way...

Any OP apple recipes you ladies can recommend?

Thanks!
fuzzy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:17 PM   #2  

How about unsweetened, or Splenda sweetened, applesauce for the freezer? Can be used in on-plan baking.

You could core them and slice them and make apple rings (sprinkle with cinnamon and dry them in the oven?)

You could carve them into little faces and make those granny apple dolls lol!!!!

That's it, out of ideas!
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:25 AM   #3  

How about this one? I haven't tried it but I got it off another South Beach forum.

Apple Crisp
I just thought of this the other night and kind of threw together what sounded good and boy did it taste great. I did not measure so these are guesstimates.

3 apples cut into pieces and boiled in about a cup of water until tender. (about 10 min.)
Drain and place in baking pan, sprinkle with Splenda (I used 3 of the packets, add a little cinnamon and a few dabs of ICBINB. Mix together.

Then I took more ICBINB and melted it in the microwave. To that I added old fashioned oats(about 1/2 cup), cinnamon (just a sprinkle but you can add to taste, I don't like a lot) and SF pancake syrup (probably 2-3 tbsp) . I mixed all that up and dropped spoonfuls on top of the apples in the baking pan. Baked for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees or until it started to brown on top.

I served it with a little FF Cool Whip on top and it was delicious. I will definitely make it again and often.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:56 PM   #4  

Here are some ideas. I haven't tried the caramel apples yet, but they sounded good. The apple crisp recipe is a little different than the one that Barb posted, but I wanted to give you some options. I use half old fashioned oats and half ww flour in the recipe and it makes it taste like the traditional recipe that I remember from my childhood.

Hope these help...

caramel apples http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54053
apple crisp http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47795
mrscharleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:34 PM   #5  

Default Apple pita pie

Apple Pita Pie

One baking apple peeled and sliced
1/8-1/4 tsp cinnamon
One packet Splenda
One Whole Wheat Pita
1 tsp Smart Balance margarine
(I added tbs ww flour to make it thicker)

In small bowl, mix apple cinnamon and sweetener. Slice open pita bread and stuff with apple mixture. Drop margarine in several small pieces into pita. Wrap pita in foil. Bake at 350º for 35-40 minutes.

Taste like homemade apple pie and it's good cold!
enjoy
Chari
surfer376 is offline   Reply With Quote