Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 07:31 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Friday

hey girls,
it's been sooo busy at work that i've not had time to post. hope you're all doing ok.
kay - how's the job hunt? kim - how's the home hunt? BF and i are looking, but we don't need to move till end oct so we're too early for a lot of places. how much is rent over there? here we are probably going to end up paying over $300 per week (between us). eek. and then there are lots of bills on top of that. ah well, you can't take it with you.
trish - how are you and your belly doing? it's my sister's last day of work today (she's due end of sept).
hi to everyone else, boss calling so must go work. i'll be back later,
love k

Last edited by Kirsty; 09-07-2001 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-07-2001, 09:26 AM   #2  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey Kirsty, that sure is a lot for rent. I know some areas in the US pay that much if not more, but here, a good place with 2 bedrooms is anywhere between $800-$1000 per month. There are some cheaper, not as nice places for less tho! This is why hubby and I bought a house soon after we were married. I couldn't justify paying so much for something I wasn't going to get in the end! But we definately waited until we were married so as to not jinx anything.

It is rainy and gloomy here. Bluch... and I WI in tomorrow!

Check out yesterdays thread to see some pics of Emma!!!
Old 09-07-2001, 10:10 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default so sweet!

jen - those pics are soooo sweet!
ooh, and tonya - the one of you and your daughter is fab as well.

so, where is everyone else today? anyone doing anything nice this weekend?
jen - good luck at WI. hope the weather improves.
Old 09-07-2001, 10:19 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Default Friday!!

HI there girls...

Jen, what sweet pics of Emma - she has an amazing smile!!

Kirsty - that IS totally expensive, up here for a 2 bedroom you pay about $800 Cdn to about $1000 if its quite large. and depending on location (always makes a difference!!)

Last night I ran 30 min (too 2 walk breaks though) and did weights, but I ate my extra earned points in a giant mocchacino. I really needed it, so I am not sad I indulged, but I am going to try to get away to WI today, which could spell trouble, since TOM Is due on Tuesday (its by bloating time now).....

Well, hope hope I guess.....

B
Old 09-07-2001, 10:20 AM   #5  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Cute pics!!

How adorable is Emma?? My goodness, she's cute!
I'm having an allergy attack...NO FUN!!!
My boss isn't here today, but I'm sure I'll get bogged down with work anyway!
Kirsty: I hear you about being so busy! Enjoy your weekend!
Jen: It's supposed to be 80 degrees tomorrow!! Yippeee! I can't wait! I do need to clean house, though. At least I get to sleep in...that will be v. cool!
Welp, getting back to work isn't too much fun but someone's gotta do it!
Bye for now!
Old 09-07-2001, 10:21 AM   #6  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey Belle! Way to go on the excercise!!! That's great!
I wish I could get motivated! I can't even get my dog to wear a collar, so I don't know how we're going to walk her!!!
Old 09-07-2001, 12:09 PM   #7  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Yesterday I overindulged in B-day cake. It was really good and I ate a lot. So today I have to be really careful. I go to the Dr. on Monday. I hate it when I get on the scale. It seems to be going up so fast.

Kirsty: that is a lot for rent. I would guess in Chicago you would pay that for a small place, more for a really great location. If you can get the down payment, in the US midwest it really seems to work out better to buy. I have no idea what rent or morgage would be on the east or west coast. I bet really really high.

Last time I was in San Fransisco, I called a relator about a house in the city. Row house about 1,600 sq feet in pacific heights are of the city. Beautiful (I was standing outside it and called on my cel phone). The house is about the same size and age as my house. Anyway, I was guessing $600,000 - $800,000 or so due to location, single family home, etc. It was listed at $1.3 million. Oh my. I guess I will not be moving to San Fransisco anytime soon. That is so many times more than what I paid for my house it is scarry! I wonder if prices in cities like San Fransisco will drop due to all the .com people out of money?

Jen: Pictures are SO CUTE!!!

Belle: good luck a WI. remember, TOM weight is just temp. Great job on working out.

Stacey: Your dog will get better with walking etc once it is older and trained. You may want to try a body harness for walking. I love them for Ginger.

Ok, check back this afternoon.

trish
Old 09-07-2001, 02:03 PM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Everytime I travel I like to check out the home listing. Of the ones we saw in the San Fran area we were, none were under $1 million. I would have loved to go in them to see if they were worth it. Also in the mountains of Montana and Wyoming are ranches for like $10 million. I am glad the midwest is cheaper than that!

Huge storm just came in, looks like a monsoon outside!!!
Old 09-07-2001, 03:27 PM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Default WI...

Down the big 0.3#. I cannot understand this. I look smaller and my clothes fit better, yet the scale does not say any significant loss. TOM coming or no TOM coming, I am sad about this.

Next week there better be some payoff.

Well, my 1pm meeting stood me up so I get an extra hour of real work time!! It was so nice to take off an hour to go to WW though, I never get lunch hours any more, or even coffee breaks!

Wow, I can't beleive how expensive homes are there! Here a nice on, like 3000 sq ft is maybe 400,000$. ON a nice size lot. Of course, it is Calgary!! Ha ha....

I am so tired out my ears are itchy. I think I need to see a doctor, this sinus thing has gone on too long.

Well, better go now!

Adios!
Belle
Old 09-07-2001, 03:39 PM   #10  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Belle: Your clothes fit better and you look smaller, that is huge payoff. Remember, the scale is just a small indicator, ad really, not even the most acurate, of how you are doing. I bet you are building muscle and that is denser than fat. And I am totally impressed that you lost TOM. I never to that. So great job!

Jen: I am also glad the midwest is not so expensive. I could never be able to buy something in San Fran etc.

Trish
Old 09-10-2001, 02:01 PM   #11  
Eve's Mom

TRISH - thanks for your kind words, I went home and thought about it and I don't feel as bad now, but I certainly hope I do see some ##'s happening this week!!! I am not weighing on my home scale this week (so I tell myself!!)

Belle
Closed Thread