Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 07:46 PM   #1  

Smile Fabulous 40's #71

Hi Everybody

Janie, good job on your loss & walking. I use to love spending time with my parents. Sometimes they use to drive me nuts but I had great times with them. My Dad passed away in 1994 & my Mom in 1984. I miss them alot.

Myra, thanks for letting me know about the time. It's funny cause I never noticed it before.

Terri, our group is getting back together which I think is so

Hope Zoe comes back soon. Miss you!

Hi Jen, Dianne & Joyce

Oh, I almost forgot, I'm down 2 lbs.

Have a nice evening!

Love,
Essie

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 09-05-2001 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-06-2001, 05:15 AM   #2  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Great loss, Essie. After running around like crazy last night (you know. First day of school stuff) I weighed in too. I lost .6, which is less than I hoped for but I'll take it. LOL! It did bring my total loss over 20 lbs.

I wish everyone a great, OP Thursday!
Old 09-06-2001, 08:31 AM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!!!!!!

Hello Y'all ~ (hanging my head in shame here) I know I've been AOL. I have no excuse, just busy at work, lazy, busy at home, lazy, running around crazy, lazy.....oh, and did I mention that I've just been LAZY,LAZY, LAZY !!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi, then I am going to read back as far as I can......I promise to come back and post tonight (after the gym), I promise. I really do miss you's guys

Love,
Old 09-06-2001, 09:01 AM   #4  
Lifetimer

Zoe, glad you have come back. BTW were you AOL or AWOL? LOL!

How have you been doing. Tell us all about what is going on.
Old 09-06-2001, 10:50 AM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Essie, good loss! I'd say that's a good new beginning! I can sympathize with you about missing your parents. I miss both of mine so much (Mom in '81 and Dad in'86), I actually get jealous at times when I see women my age out with their folks.

Myra, you're still on a loss pattern even if it was a small one. I admire your perserverance!

Patti/Zoe....welcome back! No excuses necessary It's just good to know that you missed us LOL

That's what I love about this thread...no matter how many times we stray from the flock, we know we will always be welcomed back, no questions asked! (Gee, can you tell I've been there a few times? )

I'm down 1 pound at yesterday's weigh in. It's kind of disheartening when I realize that 10 years ago, I would lose 6 or 7 pounds the first week. It's much more challenging now

Hi to Terri, Dianne, Joyce, Janie. Hope I didn't miss anyone!

~Jen
Old 09-06-2001, 12:57 PM   #6  

Terri, Myra, Jen and Essie,
Thank you all for the congrats. You are the folks that inspire me!

Zoe & Patti,
Hi, I dont' think that we have met. I am an environmental scientist in the SF Bay Area. I have one daughter, Ellen (7 yrs). My husband is a physics and astronomy professor at a local college. I am a Lifetime WW member who doesn;t seem to get the hang of maintenance. I have lost 13 lb since July4 and have 21 more to go to get to goal. I am looking forward to bonding with you as I have with all of the others in this group.

Diane, Joyce, (I hope I haven't forgotten anyone), Have a great Thursday!!

hugs,
JanieD
Livermore, CA
Old 09-06-2001, 03:51 PM   #7  

Thumbs down

Patti/Zoe!!!!!!!!!! So glad you got your Lazy butt back here, lol. How have you been, girl???

Congrats to all you losers -- great job, a loss is a loss is a loss!!!!

Gotta run -- just wanted to welcome Patti/Zoe back to the fold!

Hugs to all and have a great day,
Dianne
Old 09-06-2001, 05:51 PM   #8  

Talking

zooooooooeeeeeeeee WELCOME BACK, MY BUDDY, MY PAL!!! I knew you were somewhere out there!! The gangs all here

Myra, .6 is pretty good. You are losing just about every week right? Are you still taking the 5HTP's? I ran out. Have to pick up another bottle. 20 lbs. is excellent!

Janie, 13 lbs!!! I didn't realize you lost that much. Congrats!

Dianne, get back here

Jen, back to our parents, I feel that way too. Most of my co-workers still have their parents & they always have stories. All we have is memories When I get together with my sisters we reminisce. We wind up laughing alot when we remember things about my Dad. Way to go with your 1 lb. loss. We'll be the slow & steady group

Hi Terri & Joyce

Love,
Essie
Old 09-06-2001, 06:14 PM   #9  
Lifetimer

Still on 5-HTP. Since I've been taking it I lost every week an average of over a pound a week. The range has been from .6 to 1.8.
Old 09-06-2001, 09:56 PM   #10  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Oh, what a feeling.........

Wow, I feel so good you guys ~ What a warm welcome back! I feel ashamed that I ever "got lazy" in the first place. I will tell you all about my sabbatical (making a long story short of course) but first let me address a few of you ~

Myra ~ Ok, Ok, I was still asleep this morning when I typed that message. I believe that I have been AWOL , not AOL. Ha! From what I just read, you lost .6??? Well girl, do you remember what I used to say?? A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss. The scale is going down and that's a plus!!

JEN ~ You're so right, no matter how many times we stray, we can always come back into welcomed arms. (I've been there 3 times now..... ....) Congrats on your 1 lb. loss!!!

DIANNE ~ you had me laughing......off my lazy butt, that was good. Now I wonder how you knew I was LAZY....hahaha.

ESSIE ~ Hey girl, thanks for the cheers. I see everyone is here plus some. It's really great to be back.

Thank you all again for you warm welcome back. I wanted to come online so many times but after being busy and then being busy, the time got away from me, the days flew by and by then, I was too ashamed to come back....but I did now and I'm so, so glad.

Anyway, I can't say that I've been OP this entire time and have lost all my weight and now on maintainance. No, I can't say that. I stopped going to WW and did nothing for awhile. Then I did Atkins (yuk) and then, well, then nothing at all. 5 weeks ago, I started counting points again and did pretty good but decided to go back to meetings so, 3 weeks ago, I went back. I have lost 16 pounds in the last 5 weeks and I feel good. I lost 9.8 since going back to WW (3 weeks) and the other 6.2 the 2 weeks prior. So ladies, I'm here and again, I'm glad I am.

Hi to everyone else........

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
209/174.5/148
Old 09-06-2001, 11:19 PM   #11  

Hi everyone!

Pattie - WELCOME BACK! Sounds like you are back on the weight loss train. Congratulations!

Myra & Jen congrats on the losses.

Janie sounds like your doing great.

Essie - I'm so glad your back and great job on the 2 lbs!!

I stayed the same at my WI this week. The doctor called tonight with the results of my thyroid & cholesterol tests. My dosage is too high on my thyroid. We have to adjust it again. My cholesterol was the bad news. I have gone up since December from 276 to 294 and my triglycerides are 239. Not good He told me to watch the cholesterol & fat in animal products of course. But he also told me to strongly limit sugars & white stuff (potatoes, white flour etc). My favorite foods But these are what raise your triglycerides. Hmmmm.... I guess you learn something new everyday. So I am going to try to focus on lean meats, veggies & fruits. I'm going to have to get TOUGH with myself.

Went to the dentist today. They got a new hygenist (sp?) who was so rough with my gums that they have hurt all day. I think I'm going to request a different person next time if possible.

I'm getting ready to turn in for the night. Stayed up too late yesterday and had to get up early this morning. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

Love,
Joyce
Old 09-07-2001, 12:04 AM   #12  

WELCOME BACK PATTI!!!!!
We have missed you!
Great losses girl! Feeling good I'll bet!!!
AWOL!!!?? AOL!!??

We are all back!

Great loss Essie, Jen and Myra! You all Rock!

Joyce,
So sorry about your gums. Poor thing!! Get the cholesterol and trigylcerides down. We want you to stay with us a loooooong time.

I didn't know this thread had started. Y'all had this great conversation going and I missed it.
This was a fast thread. 10 gone already.

THE GANG'S ALL HERE!!!!

Hi Dianne and JanieD!!!

Talk to y'all tomorrow,
Terri

Last edited by points; 09-07-2001 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-07-2001, 07:44 AM   #13  

Angry

TGIF

Yes terri, we are on a roll! I guess the summer set us back. The weather is so beautiful & now that school started it's very quiet in my neighborhood. I'm loving it!

Joyce, I've had high cholesterol all my life. The highest was 320 so my Dr. put me on meds. & it went down to 237. That was 1 month ago. I've always watched my diet & we eat very low fat, Pete & I but my Dr. said my body produces it. She never mentioned about satying away from white flour, potatoes, etc.
I'll have to give her a call. Did you know that exercise raises the good cholesterol? My gums are very sensitive so whenever I have a cleaning done mine get very sore.

Zoe, if I would have had your email I would have written you to find out if you were okay. I really was concerned Girlfriend. I was away for a while but I read the posts everyday. It's great to be back. We are here to support one another no matter how many times we fall. The best part of it is we get right back up & try again. Congrats on your loss!

Be back later

Love,
Essie
Old 09-07-2001, 12:34 PM   #14  

Zoe,
For someone who said she was being lazy loosing 16# in 5 weeks is amazing. That's more than 3# per week. Stop putting yourself down girl, you have something to be proud of!!! Way to go!!!

Hi Everybody ,
Today I have a retirement Bar-B-Q luncheon to go to. I was actually thinking of bringing my own food so I would be able to stay OP, but I was running late this morning and didn't have time to get it together. I will try to stick with the salads and stay away from the greasy stuff. Wish me luck.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Hugs,
Janie
Old 09-07-2001, 02:11 PM   #15  

Hope it goes well with you JanieD. Good luck!

Hope everyone has a wonderful WEEKEND!
Terri
Closed Thread