Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-10-2005, 12:00 AM   #1  

Default Update

Hello all. I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. Wanted to let everyone know that things are going pretty well for me. For those of you that don't know me I started this journey 2 weeks ago (this comming Monday) with 5 simple rules...

1. No eating after 7:00
2. No pop (diet or otherwise)
3. Dance every day
4. Water~Water~Water
5. Just HOLD ON (inspired by the book "A Million Little Pieces)

My scale was broken up till yesterday so I only was able to weigh in today and will now make Friday morning my offical weigh day...and no other. My weight was 224 which is much less than what I expected. Since I never was able to step on before I started I can only estimate what my starting weight was. Both my husband and I agreed that I was close to my heaviest (which is 236) so I was guessing at around 235. Now I think that may have been too much since I really don't think I lost 11 pounds in 12 days. It was probably closer to 230-232. Anyway I am very pleased for now. My rules are working for me without too much difficulty. There are days when I really really want to eat late but I have been able to substain and have not cheated. The only other things I have changed is that I no longer bring crappy foods into my house. I don't buy all the things that I love but are bad for me becuase I know that if they are in my house I will eat them. I have two children so yes, they are "suffering" also but they will survive. It certainly doesn't harm them by having apples, yougart and jello in the house instead of cookies, snack cakes, and nachos. I am still VERY VERY tempted when I grocery shop but I'm making it so far. I am also noticing my purchases are different when I shop. Like I'm buying low fat or no fat items without really a second thought. I'm looking for more healthy options to buy. I made a chicken tortilla bake the other night and I used baked tortilla chips and healthy request cream of chicken soup and you COULD NOT tell the difference. It was still great. Anyway I'm pleased with myself and just wanted to share. I've accepted that this journey is going to be longer for me than some people becuase I am doing it my own way but that is okay. I feel that since this is a LIFESTYLE change for me I should adjust my lifestyle in portions that will not be overwhelming to me. I plan on adding a new rule once a month that I need to follow to keep me moving along...but for now, the 5 are working fine.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

Keep on keeping on.................
Em
Don't C the real me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Thats amazing, good for you!! You're headed in the right direction and I'm sure you're gonna start to see results very soon. Your new rule should probably have to do with working out, just a suggestion
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 06:49 AM   #3  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Thanks for giving a update thats good to hear and see that you have accepted the healthy choices. So many times people dont realize that just making those changes you can help yourself out dramtically. And lots of times you can not even tell the diffrence.
Try to go grocery shopping after a good meal. That way you are not hungry one bit while your in the store. Go right after your meal and you will be guanteed to not think about that other stuff. And just stay away from the inside aisles as much as you can. The stuff on the outer portion of the grocery aisles contains all the good stuff.
Congrats again on a very great update !!!
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:29 PM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Great job Em! It is very possible that you DID lose 11 lbs in 12 days (water weight and all that).
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote