Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-09-2005, 01:56 PM   #1  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Default Bad slip up day

Well, guys its been few days since I posted. Its been going good until last night. My day started pretty normal and good, but then later the night my sister brought some pizza, and I end up having 3 slices. Then just kept eating. This morning I weighed myself and I am up 3 pounds. Its depressing, but I am trying to be super good today. I am still exercising everyday at least 1 hr 1/2. I need your support and advices, because I feel like I am such an failure and wants to just stuff my face. LOL. Also, do you ladies think that when you do cardio on the treadmill or stairmaster... etc, it gives you number for the calories you've burned. Do you guys know if its accurate number.

tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:12 PM   #2  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Okay Slip Ups. They happen. But I think you need to write down your calorie intake for a week or two just so you can see what your taking in and maybe you wont be tempted when you see where your at in your calorie intake.
This is to just to put you in check and keep you honest to yourself.
Dont beat yourself up its 3 slices and your are doing great.
The thing is you know it was bad but just let it go and continue on with your day. You cant take it back all you can do is learn from that slip up.
Or you can think of it this way. Giving yourself a cheat meal for the week and that was it. So then you didnt do bad at all. You just had your cheat meal and now your back to your regular good meals.

As for the cardio when I work out I can do 15 minutes running or eliptical and It shows from 100 calories to 115 calories. So im assuming that thats about right. At least at the gym I work out at.
If I set the tred mill at a incline I burn more calories walking uphill.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #3  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I don't think it's particularly accurate, I just tend to use the number to compare workouts to each other - e.g. if the treadmill reads 500 calories I've worked harder than if it reads 400, but I don't take the actual figure as gospel.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:32 PM   #4  

The "calories burned" readout on exercise machines is just an estimate because everyone's metabolism is different but, like YP1 mentioned, it's helpful in gauging how much effort you're putting in... anyway, the actual number of calories burned during a workout isn't the important part of exercise, what's important is that you're building muscle that will help you burn more calories 24/7
xodesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:35 PM   #5  

P.S. Keep at it, slip ups are inevitable, and from looking at your little weight loss tracker it looks like you've come a long way - don't beat yourself up over 3lbs!
xodesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:54 PM   #6  
Kim

I'm always up 3 pounds the day after I eat pizza. I've learned not to weigh myself for a few days after I eat it. It's mostly fluid retention, so don't worry. There's no way that you could even gain 1 whole pound of fat from 3 pieces of pizza. Stay off the scale for the next couple of days and drink plenty of water. You're doing great. If I didn't have a cheat meal every couple of weeks, I'd go insane.
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:47 PM   #7  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

It is great to hear from you guys!!! It makes my day go better. Its so nice to hear from people who are going through same things as I am. I know it is just slip up, and it happens. Its just the feeling of guilt that won't let it go.
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:50 PM   #8  
Jennifer

Thats funny about pizza. I have noticed the same thing. When I eat pizza I always weigh more the next day, then it comes off later in the week. I slipped last week too, but I worked hard and lost a bunch later. Good luck and don't give up! It is one day.
AlaskaChick is offline   Reply With Quote