Old 12-09-2005, 01:20 PM   #1  
Finally fed up with fat

Default Hello to all!

Hey everyone. My name is April and I just found this forum about 2 weeks ago. I'm just trying to figure out where I belong. I currently need to lose 100 lbs. WOW! Just being able to read the threads over in the buddy forum has helped me realize that other people have the same fears and problems that I do. Sometimes I feel very alone and I make out to everyone else that being so overweight doesn't bother me. Well it does and it has for a very very long time. I also battle depression and have a very busy life. I'm a 911 operator and mother to 4. I think now it's time to focus on myself because I have done nothing for my self and everything for everyone else. If any one has any advice on how I need to get started on a 100lb weight loss, then bring it on!
adrod_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:30 PM   #2  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi April, welcome to the 100lb. Club. I see you've lost 15 so far, so it looks like you're on the right track. Congratulations! My best advice would be to keep yourself accountable, in every regard. We have some great threads here that will help you do that. You can post you're eats in the Journal buddy thread which runs every week as well as the Exercise Accountability thread. There is a monthly challenge thread that quite a few people here participate in which is kind of all encompassing accountability thread. Jump right in anywhere - you're welcome where ever you choose to post. We're all here to help out with support and advice when ever you need it.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:43 PM   #3  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

to you, April! You're in just the right place for support and tips. Believe me, now you've found the 100lb. Club, you never have to feel alone again. Post often and you'll appreciate what I mean.

Facing down 100+ pounds can be overwhelming. Maybe break it down into smaller goals to aim at, say, 10 pounds at a time? I find the psychological aspect much more difficult to deal with than the actual "doing". YMMV. As Dee said, there are accountability and challenge threads that you may find useful and fun to join in on.

You're off to a great start already. Are you following a specific plan?
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:03 PM   #4  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Welcome April! Congratulations on your 15lb loss!
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome April - you're in the right place!

I too suffer with depression, but thankfully I don't have kids yet - that can't be easy having to raise 4 kids when you are feeling depressed!

I'd recommend doing some exercise - anything you can fit in! I started out at 267lb on Jan 1st and have lost 53lb now, mainly thanks to exercise (and a sensible diet). More importantly,exercise has really lifted me out of depression - it really is amazing and it is such an important part of my life now.

Stick with us and you'll reach your goal - you're 15lb closer already!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:45 PM   #6  
One pound at a time...

Welcome April! This is an excellant forum. A lot of good threads for journalling your food, recording your excercise, tracking weight loss etc., We are a very supportive group here. All the suggestions made so far are excellant, so I can not really add any more. Post often so we can get to know you!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:59 PM   #7  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Welcome April!!!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

April. You've definitely come to the right place.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:13 PM   #9  
Finally fed up with fat

Default Awesome!!!

Wow! Thanks for all the positive words! A girl just needs to hear those things sometimes! I would love to get to know all of you. I am sooooo excited! I would love it if any of you could pm me or just post right here so that i can give you support (the best I can) also. I've been doing the "diet" thing almost my whole adult life. I am TRYING to exercise but for some reason i can't seem to get too motivated. I have and elliptical trainer, stair stepper, weighted jump rope, and exercise ball all sitting very alone in the garage. I am doing the low cal thing and just trying to eat right. It doesn't always happen but at least I'm doing something! I think I just need a kick in the pants!!! Again, Thanks to all and I look forward to hearing from you again!
Old 12-09-2005, 03:44 PM   #10  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Welcome to the group April If you stick here or anywhere on the forums you'll be sure to reach your goal!!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #11  
Finally fed up with fat

uuughhh. I just ate a bowl of cereal because I was craving something sweet. I don't know if it was right or wrong, but i feel bad. Is it better to do that so that I won't go chocolate crazy? I hate feeling bad about what I eat.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:42 PM   #12  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Just wanted to say WELCOME to the group. You'll find all the help and support you need right here!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:55 PM   #13  

Welcome April
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:42 PM   #14  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Sorry you feel bad about the cereal, April. But whether you feel rotten about it or not, it won't change that fact that you ate it, and nothing good will come of beating yourself up over it. If it satisfied a craving for you that's no bad thing. All we can do is try to make the best choices every opportunity we get whilst accepting that none of us are perfect.

You say you're doing a low calorie eating plan. How low is low? And are you generally choosing food that gives you a lot of bang for your buck? E.g., lean proteins, whole grains, etc.. Feel free to join us on the Journal/Buddy thread here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69706
It's a great way to keep track of what we're eating, snaffling ideas from other people, and it helps with accountability too.

Remember, it takes 3,500 kcals to make a difference of a pound, so one bowl of cereal is not going to ruin the hard work you've put in so far. Put it behind you and move on.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:08 PM   #15  
Finally fed up with fat

Hey to everyone,
I'm doing much better today. I'm so excited. We all went out of town to my in-laws and I didn't eat one single dessert! Dessert is my life and for me not to have eaten any is a major accomplishment. My overall eating was pretty good too. Not perfect but... I'm happy!!