Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-05-2005, 06:44 AM   #1  
Mel

Default LWL #232 Dec 5 - 11

Good Morning LWL Actually it's snowy here, but I don't see a snowflake icon.

How was everybody's weekend? Kyk, how is the ankle? 2F, how did weekend food go? Rabbit, how did you fare?

I got in a good cardio session on Saturday, then gave myself a "munching" day. I long ago decided that "free day" was the worst idea ever invented for people like me who tend to compulsive eating, but I did it anyway. Maybe it will help me stop during the rest of the week. Sunday was back on track despite not being home most of the day and being offered bagels and cream cheese with lox, and a big box of chocolates!

Tonight is my ds's Holiday Chorus concert, with the usually buffet of sugar laden goodies afterwards. That won't be to hard to avoid, because I know if I get out early, I'll miss a HUGE traffic jam in the school parking lot!

Hope you all had a good weekend and have a great Monday

Chest and cardio for me today.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:08 AM   #2  
I choose

My twenty-minute vow was kept last night, though the workout didn't go well at all. Supposed to snow here today, so I may be leaving work early. (Kinda bugs because I want the OT.) But if I have to go, I'll just figure out some workout to do at home.

Had a terrible weekend eating-wise, and am paying for it on the scale. I think I have the same problem as Mel - I'm a compulsive eater, and a "free day" is never just one day, but two or three or etc. But I'm back to the clean stuff today, if only because there's no chocolate left and I'm not buying any more.
ShannonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:42 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello LWL! My free day consisted of French food, being in Paris at the time! Bacon, toast, pain au chocolat, hot chocolate for breakfast, cheese baguette for lunch, then mixed grill with 1/2 portion of french fries. All in all didn't feel too bad! But the overnighter on the coach was a bust Since we had to get turfed off the coach to go on the ferry I woke up and was starving! Ate chocolate on the way there and biscuits on the way back! Sunday was ok, since we woke up at 3pm then there wasn't much time to eat!

The coach arrived at 7:30am, then we caught the RER train to Versailles, which was lovely, the castle is HUGE! Aboslutely HUMUNGOUS! I've never seen anything like it! Apparently, at the time 80% of France's money was spent building it! They like their opulence! I bought the first 2 Harry Potter books in french and a Christmas present for mum. Then we got the train back to Les Halles, which is a huge shopping centre - it got really busy and we were getting tired and narked off! Then we went to the two big department stores, Printemps and Galarie Lafayette, that was even busier than Les Halles! So we decided to go and find a little restaurant that we went to last time and we went to the L'Arc de Triomphe and walked down the Champs Elysee to find little restaurant. We found it, just after we thought we'd lost it! Then we were back on the coach! Got back to London at 4:15am, got home and went to bed till 3pm!

Apart from eating I finished all my Christmas shopping! And it's all wrapped, and I even bought myself a pretty dress for clubbing. Think Marilyn Monroe in the white dress, but it's more of a royal blue, with black lace trim. It shows off my curves (yes even my butt!) and looks fab!

Before we got the coach to Paris I managed to squeeze in some weights, so that was good, and this lunchtime I have done another (HUGE) run! I made it all the way through this time! I'm really pleased about that! I had to bully myself to not stop, but I'm glad I didn't! YAHOOOO!

Running has stolen my appetite, I was feeling a bit ill since I had 50g of Soya Nuts which were nice, but I think they've just not agreed with me. Hmmmm! So I will wait till I feel less barfy to have my tuna and egg fried rice (because that sounds barfy enough by itself! )

I'm vowing to keep up the running this week, since it's WI on Friday! I'm extra specially determined again! I need to buy more salad though!

I also have a problem with complusive eating, I'm reading a book called The Hungry Years about a guy who is a compulsive eater, he says that when you binge, it's just click. Like you can't control anything once the click has come on! But my mini-binge last weekend actually helped me a lot, it's given me a whole new mindset and I'm more determined than ever - again! Even after going to Paris and eating fatty french food, it's put me in a diet frame of mind! Maybe that's what the "free day" is all about!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #4  

Weekend was OK - I did a lot of walking and running with my dog inspite of snow everywhere. Yesterday did agility with him in stables for the first time and i tell you - distances there are huge and I ran a lot! Foodwise was not really good - my husband got free 2 kg of truffles and put them in the middle of the table and KIDS DO NOT LIKE THEM! I have to admit, I am not really keen on them either, but they are chocolate - there is still 1.5kg left but it does not make it any better or easier.
2F - I was in Versaille in 1995 with 5 y.o. daughter and we had to carry her everwhere as she was very tired! Now she does not even remember that she was there and I mostly remember how heavy she was and how HUGE the place is!!!
Have a nice weekend everyone!
Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:38 AM   #5  

Hi LWL,

Rabbit reporting in after the sinterklaas weekend ! I wasn't MIA, but busy, very busy.

Saturday we celebrated sinterklaas, and I and the kids had a lovely evening!.
Food-wise it was easy: as the kids cannot eat much we skipped dinner and made small savoury snacks instead so everone of us had something he or she liked. I made stuffed eggs, my daughtres made cheese-pastries and my sun meatballs and skewers with small sausages, pickles and tomatoes. I added some bread and crackers, cheese and fresh fruit (my daughter is a fruitoholic) and we were done for an evening of fun. And I had a bottle of champagne of course. The we spend the evening eating the snacks and opening gifts and it was great. The kids enjoyed their gifts very much and I enjoyed watching their happy faces. I'm more or less broke now, but it was worth it absolutely. Sunday we went to Harry potter 4 with my sister & her family, and this also was great.

Then yesterday was very busy as well. A discussion about jobs and a meeting with my lawyer, which was extremely informative. She is a very competent woman, analysed the situation in an admirable way, told me where I am legally this again was money very well spent. We also discussed how to handle this. Since I am not in a time squeeze, and my husband will be, we will leave the initiative at his side. I know now where I am, I also know that agreements made at the therapist are binding. I am glad that I made this step as it makes it clearer exactly where I stand, and i am glad to have a really competent lawyer at my side.

Today I work at home because my daughter has the day off from school for sinterklaas, which officially was yesterday. First try to get into the habit of working at home, and I'll have to get accustomed to it.

Yesterday I did the "sitting meditation" CD from my course from the stress clinic. I found it difficult to "sit" for 45 minutes, but I notice that I did feel more relaxed and alert then i had expected to yesterday evening. I want to do a CD again today and continue on this path. I think this will make it easier to handle the present stresses.

Have a great day all,

rabbit

Last edited by 4rabbit; 12-06-2005 at 02:44 AM.
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:51 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

Hello! Rabbit, sounds like you had a lovely day

I had a lazy night yesterday after my running spree! It's kickboxing tonight so that's MORE CARDIO Eats have been reasonably clean (wasn't hungry for lunch yesterday, at all, so didn't eat till I got home but by then I was a low-blood-sugar-raging-monster ) and I've got lots of lovely protein snacks for work today.

I bought lots of lovely fruit and veg last night - a custard apple, butternut squash, aubergine, mushrooms, courgettes and lots of other yummy stuff!

I'm off to mum & dad's for the weekend this weekend. I'm really going to try and be very very healthy (or at least not fall into the biscuit tin the second I walk through the door!). I've got mum to buy ingredients for a stir-fry and I'll just have to hide the biscuit tin out in the duck house or somewhere! I might take protein powder! Who knows!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:20 AM   #7  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Default Don't step on the cracks!

I've eaten clean for two (2) days. I can't say more or I might break the spell!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:26 AM   #8  
in development

Default My glamour fund

I've opened a glamour fund. You'll like this: it's in an old peanut butter jar. For each day I manage to eat clean, I put £1 (2 $US?) in the jar. That seems like a lot to me. The aim is that I get success rolling, I get a good amount in the fund, and then go and blow it. That underpins my success, it rolls along more, I get a good amount, etc, etc.

It's a virtuous circle. I can't lose. I am brilliant for thinking of this.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #9  
I choose

I like the glamour fund idea. It's so much nicer to be able to buy cute things in small sizes than to pig out on junk and regret it. (And I say this with no judgment, because I've done both.)

Rabbit - pardon my ignorance, but what is sinterklaas?

Fit in a workout last night, but not quite twenty minutes. I'm so tired I'm not even sure I'm conscious.
ShannonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:39 AM   #10  
in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonM
I like the glamour fund idea.
Thank you. I have high hopes of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonM
Fit in a workout last night, but not quite twenty minutes. I'm so tired I'm not even sure I'm conscious.
Well done, Shannon. Anything is better than nothing. Try to get a bit of rest, too, won't you? If your body is anything like mine, it will thank you for it.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:40 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

silverbirch - my glamour fund is going on some studio portrait photographs when I'm buff! It's a great idea - we are geniuses! I do 50p for every bout of exercise, 50p for a clean eat day (which works out approx £1 a day)
Old 12-06-2005, 04:50 PM   #12  

Oh I have a pink moneybox, that's going to be my glamour fund. I'll start tomorrow!!!!

My ankle is a very attractive purple colour, and still painful. It's certainly getting better though. I'm not back at the gym yet, I am swimming tomorrow, then on Friday will do some non weightbearing cardio like rower and bike and hopefully it will start to improve so I'll be back in the gym at weekend. Doc thoguht it would be back to normal by then. My gym instructor is giving me some exercises to do to get it strong again, he happens to be a physiotherapist as well, which is useful.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:40 AM   #13  

Hi LWL,

Shannon - Sinterklaas is the holy bishop of Myra (turkey) who lives in spain in a castle with moorish servants, all called zwarte piet (black peter). Every year he aarrives with the steamboat from spain and he travels on his white horse over the rooftops with his servants to put presents in good childrens shoes. On his birthday, december 5th, he brings present to all the good children, and the bad children go in a big bag and are taken away when he travels back to spain. Sinterklaas is a big thing in the netherlands and I believe in Flanders. The arrival of sinterklaas is live on television every year, and the day after his birthday most schools are closed so the chiildren can play with their presents. Incidentally, if you translate the name, you get something like "saint klaas" where "klaas" is the dutch version of the german "klaus".

That said, I'm in for a quiet morning. Working at home, avoiding most criseses. Now I'm practicing the meditation CDs more I notice that i do have a continuous undercurrent of thoughts, mostly about the XH situation. So I think the meditation stuff is really helping! i did the body scan yesterday, so today I'll do the "sitting" or maybe the yoga.

Silverbirch - absolutely brilliant idea to go for the glamourfund!!!! Brilliant brilliant brilliant!!. I see peanutbutter jars, moneyboxes and the like sprouting out everywhere.

Have a great day all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:32 PM   #14  
Working My Way Back Down

Morning ladies. I've been super busy and not much time to hang out on the internet!

Rabbit - glad you and the kids had a good sinterklaas. Your idea of little snacks in place of dinner is one I may copy. Do you give presents at Christmas as well? Your lawyer seems to be on top of things. Now you have someone in your corner. My DH does some CDs like you have. He especially likes the body scan.

My eating is being sorely tempted these days. Lots of people like to fee the "library ladies" it seems. We've had lots of sweets this week, and there's still 2 more weeks to go. Tonight we having a soup dinner at church before the Advent service. I made a large pot of a veggie soup which is very filling and low cal - has only 8 oz of sausage for about 8 quarts of soup (okay so I upped the ratio of veggies to meat )
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:41 AM   #15  
aka Superwoman!

Hello...

It's a bit quiet in here! I'm doing ok, did another run yesterday lunchtime, off to double kickboxing tonight. Having a mega super duper clean eats week! Am really not hungry either. I must be ill!

Last night I baked some protein muffins which I haven't done in a while, this time I got a proper muffin tin and lined it with greaseproof paper and they look all pretty and nice. Taste great too!

Keep up the great work laydees, wherever you are!