Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #1  

Default Lane Bryant

I'm just curious if anyone can tell me what their sizes go up to? We live about 10 minutes away from one now. I should just be able to walk in there, but I'm to scared. Okay, embarressed is another way to put it. What if I walk in and their sizes still dont go as high as I need?
numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 PM   #2  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Ashley, I think they go up to 28.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:47 PM   #3  
Movin on down the scale

I think 28 also
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 262/259.2/160

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up

They have clothing sized 14-28. I have gone there tons of times and actually have a Lane Bryant card. It can be a bit on the spendy side but if you go for the sales or check the clearance racks. It is also the one place that I love to buy bras at - they understand that even if you are larger you still got taste/style!!!!
I would recommend just going in and taking a look - the salesladies there have always been nothing but super friendly when I go in!!!!!!!!
Good Luck,
Kari
kl_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:58 PM   #5  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

They only go up to size 28 but if you order online or via their catalog, the sizes go up much higher.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:10 PM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Definitely go to their website and sign up for their email list. They send me coupons for $25 off a purchse of $75 or more ALL the time, so if you need to stock up on clothing, even expensive stuff, $75 worth for $50 isn't a bad deal (if you're really stocking up, the coupon is also good for $50 off of $150). It's great to combine with clothes off the clearance racks. IS there an Avenue anywhere near you? They go up to size 32 in their stores and have similar styles to Lane Bryant and usually have more to choose from on clearance. Good luck, chicaboo!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:26 PM   #7  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I actually miss shopping at Lane Bryant. (not enough to gain back the weight mind you ) They have the best tights in the world. I once took a fall that skinned both of my knees wearing their tights... and didn't they didn't run. My knees were bleeding, but the tights were fine. Spooky I tell you.

Which is entirely off topic, but since your question was already answered, what the heck
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #8  

If you need larger sizes than the 28, see if there is a Catherine's in your area, their clothes go up to 32. Also, here are some web sites that carry clothes larger than 28:

www.lanebryant.com (associated with the store)
www.lanebryantcatalog.com (different company)
www.jessicalondon.com
www.roamans.com
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:24 PM   #9  

After I put the baby down tonight I will take a look at the sites. Still to nervous to go in, but it's good to know they intentionally hire large women.
numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:28 PM   #10  
Opulent

I used to work there and I think you'll find things to fit! I will mail you a coupon if you'd like
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:09 PM   #11  
MakingChanges...

I'm not sure if you have a Fasion Bug Plus in your area, but their sizes also go up to 28 ... they do have some things that go up to 32 .. but you really have to "search" for that size in the store .. lol .. There was a time you could find a 32 in everything there, but the past year or so I have only been able to find a few things that actually go that high up in the store .. I guess size 28 has become the "standard" largest size these days . They are reasonable in their prices and usually have alot of good sales .. I bought 3 sweaters there today and they were all 50% off .. Woot !!
Rayne33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #12  

I check out the clearance racks there all the time because they have such cute clothes. I also like JessicaLondon.com and Roamans.com and Avenue.com. Lane Bryant is nice because they do have plus sized sales clerks, so I don't feel weird going in there. On th plus side (excuse the pun), you'll feel better buying new clothes for yourself and its very important to be good to yourself.
fenderbrender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:05 PM   #13  
gotta lose it!

Numb...I know how you feel. I will always make Lane Bryant my last stop in the mall because I don't want to carry the bags around with me...ugh!
soon2Bfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I wear a size 32, but still occasionally go into Lane Bryant, as some of their knits will fit. They had these really great cotton/lycra wide leg pants, that I wish they still carried (like the slinky knits, but not shiny). Despite their stretch to fit fabric, they camouflaged all the bumps and bulges instead of looking like a shiny sausage casing, like some of the super stretchy fabric.

I've never had anyone look at me like they thought I wouldn't be able to fit into anything. When you're over a size 22, it seems like it's really hard for anyone to guess what size or weight you are.

Colleen
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/211/170

someone had a lane bryant coupon on this site today, I'm trying to find it as I'm on my way over there. Hoping for this to be MY LAST trip to Lane Bryant. I do not plan on buying anymore clothes until I can shop at a regular sized clothing store. I have to admit, I LOVE Lane Bryant, such cute stuff! But you MUST always shop with their coupons, unless of course your rich!!!
meanolejules is offline   Reply With Quote