Old 12-05-2005, 11:43 AM   #1  

Default WEEK AT A TIME CHALLENGE #24 - 4 Weeks Left Till Christmas!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

December 25 is our newest short-term challenge date - Even if you are not celebrating Christmas feel free to take on that date with us or December 31 (New Year) as the end of the challenge. The object is to strive for consistent weeks of goal achievement resulting in big losses!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 11:49 AM   #2  

Default I did it!

Well ladies - I am starting out this week on track - I am happy to report a 4lb loss I was pretty much OP the last two days (only 1 white flour or sugar transgression each day ) and I really pushed the water gettting 72 oz in each day!

Let's get our weights reported so I can award kudos for last week. to all of you and hope you all are big "losers"
Old 12-05-2005, 12:38 PM   #3  

I'm a loser too! I weighed in this morning at 195.6, which I don't really believe, but I'll sure take it! I'm even going to change my ticker, so I'd better stay down there. Barring big slips, I'll be at mini-goal before Christmas!

No decisions yet on this week's challenge, although it may be to get a ceretain amount of outdoor activity per day.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Hello Everyone! I'd like to join the challenge, if that's okay!

I want to go for 30 minute walk outside every day for this week, starting today!!

And we're supposed to get snow today!!! Yay!!

Oh! It looks like I'm with you Carla - I need to get outside more!! That's why I picked this goal Congrats on your losses Carla and MsCat!

Ees
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:21 PM   #5  
Cynical RedHead

It's snowing! In the last 45 seconds (literally) it has gone from wispy flakes to definitely snowing.

Okay, I am going to try (again) this week to eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies each day.

I hope everyone has a great day.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #6  

Thank you for the welcome Bonnie!! Good luck with your challenge for this week!!

Heya Fish from another Marylander!! Hope you are enjoying the snow as much as I am... from my window for now, on my walk in 20 minutes after I sign off work!! Yay! heh, heh!

Ees
Old 12-05-2005, 10:21 PM   #7  

eesabella -great goal! We are behind you every step of the way

cvjolly and Fish too! - I know you are going to make the scoreboard this week!

carla for all your pounds down in onderland (How many?)

Bonnie bacK! and for last weeks goals met!

Me (mscat) and for 4 lbs down!

Sandy for 4 days of goals met.

Sushi for 6 whole days of goals met.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:10 AM   #8  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Just checking in - Monday and Tuesday were a success, but my hatred for the stationary bike is increasing with each day that passes!
I'm going to step on the scale tomorrow morning.

Good luck everyone!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:06 AM   #9  

I didn't make it from the wait list to the active list for spinning last night , but did at least an hour fast walking to and from (and to and from) work. So my goal met for Mon. This morning's weigh-in slightly higher, but still close to the new normal. Mscat, I think my loss last week was about 2 pounds, I hadn't changed my ticker for a while. But the diet doctor does seem to be working - not that there's anything there other than sensible eating and reducing carbs. It's just one of those silly "well, I'm paying for it, and they'll weigh me on Friday, so I might as well follow the program...". Sort of like WW, it's still all up to me, but somehow easier with accountability. Just like Week-at-a-time-challenges.

Gotta go - still not ready to head to work and it's getting late,
Old 12-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #10  

Hey Everyone!! I did my 30 minute walk last night while it was snowing - a bit cold and my nose was running but it was sooo nice! I got to see some Christmas lights in the neighborhood!

I did my 30 minute walk for today this morning! Much warmer, the snow is already melting .

Bonnie! I live just south of Baltimore, practically on the line between Baltimore and Anne Arrundel County. I think that my boyfriend has driven me passed The Olive Tree... I'm kind of new to the area and don't drive much, is that in Glen Burnie? I know how you feel about the crabs!! They don't do them the same anywhere else!! My sister recently moved up to NY and ordered some blue claws at a restaurant who claimed they serve them up "Maryland style". They were on a plate, with a cracker and with no spice on the side!!

Good Going to everyone who met their goals!!!

Good Luck getting a workout in today Bonnie!! I know you can do it!!!

Ees
Old 12-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #11  
Cynical RedHead

Unbelievable! I have had 2 servings of fruit and 4 of veggies so far today The big can of V-8 definitely helps - two servings of veggies for only 70 calories.

Bonnie, I am in North Potomac, which is Montgomery County just outside of Rockville. Probably an hour (?) away from Eesabella. I know the Olive Tree is supposed to be good, but every time I see it I think of the Olive Garden
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:48 PM   #12  

Did my 30 minute walk tonight!! 3/7 days of meeting my challenge so far!!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:56 PM   #13  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

I LOST 4 POUNDS!!!! I couldn't believe it, hurray!

It's Thursday morning here. I'm not too sure whether to call Wednesday a success or not... I did the 10 mins on stationary bike. But I also had a small piece tart at work (co-workers birthday), which ended up being a lot sweeter than I had anticipated, so no idea if that's sweets or not... And then I didn't have dinner until 7:15 pm, and I had sushi and a small bowl of cereal as well. It's not a problem that it was after 7 pm - some days I'm not home until 7:30 pm, and I do need to eat something... so what counts more is that I eat my dinner and stop at that. Not sure if I should have had that cereal though... I was quite hungry, but at the same time I gave in to cravings... since my boyfriend was having a bowl of cereal right next to me, and it smelled so good!
So I think I'll leave it to our leader Mscat to decide for me.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:09 PM   #14  

This week doing quite well on the outdoor challenge: Mon and Tues 60 minutes walking, and 30 today. It's gotten much colder, but mostly still crisp and sunny. The wind was a little bitter today. And there's been a little snow from time to time. It's adorable watching little Lily on the window sill trying to catch snowflakes: she's quite smart as cats go, but not smart enough to realize the flakes are on the other side of the window...

Everyone seems to be doing really, really well this week. Who knew we needed the imminent arrival of Christmas goodies to knock us into gear at last? Personally, I'll probably do better now that I've eaten ALL the almonds I was keeping for snacks. Sometimes it worked, but in the last three days I've again eaten 3 weeks worth of 10 at a a time snacks. So we won't do that again... Friday is weigh-in at the diet doc's. that I can hold it together and stay on target. (I waver between gobbling almonds and daydreaming about getting under 190 by New year's. How to set myself up for disappointment, right?)

On another thread about spinning, one poster talked about losing a ton of weight spinning 3 times a week. I'm tempted to see if my tush can take it! (Meanwhile little Zellie the Gazelle stands lonely and forlorn, abandoned by all...)

Sushi, if Mscat declares that a sweet tart isn't a sweet, she's a lot more lenient than me. Of course, the four pounds down speak for themselves, so you must have deserved it. At this rate you'll melt away and leave us! Now as you know, I would never offer unsolicited advice, but are you sure you're getting enough protein? I can't remember if you're a vegetarian or not, but you can always add in some protein powder, maybe in lo-cal smoothies (fruit, protein powder - I use whey powder - some water or ice cubes, and some lo-fat yogurt blended up nice and frothy in a blender)?

I'd better try to trap the kitten and do eye drop duty. Only 7 more days of this. (My condo is pretty small, but she's getting better and better at finding hiding spots, and harder and harder to fool by rattling the food container...)

Time to Zzzzzzz....
Old 12-07-2005, 11:49 PM   #15  

i found you guys
im back in.
drinking lots of water
and
rowing my boat
cyjolly is offline   Reply With Quote