Old 12-01-2005, 12:48 AM   #1  

Default Summer Starters 12/01/05

Ok we get yet another new start! I know for one that I need it. I have got to get on the ball now. Took me the whole month getting used to being a new mommy again but I know I can do it because I have been doing it.
Let's goooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I agree, Melissa, new month, new start....LET'S GO LADIES Think of christmas parties, think of seeing family members and watching their jaws drop! We can do this!

My November results are not as bad as I thought they'd be: down 5 lbs. and 4.5 inches. I lost half an inch from my neck!!!! I have been waiting for that double chin area to go away, and finally it is starting a little.

I not only took off what I gained while in Ohio last week, that water/TOM/cookie weight, but dropped one more. I know being sick yesterday was a player in that, so I have to stay OP so it doesn't jump back up a pound or two. But, I'm taking the loss! I get to WI again tomorrow, since I do it end of month and every Friday, but I'm not expecting anything more to be gone.

I get to move my ticker, Yay!

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:21 AM   #3  

melissa, Logan's freak out was just being in the office, or when kate got there? This can only be good for your case I guess, though I feel sad for the little guy who has to endure all this. I am sure he is confused and holding such uncertainty, but he wants to stay with you that is obvious. Poor fella.

Theresa
Old 12-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #4  

Yay! For moving that ticker down! You go girl. I am hoping to be able to get some groceries today-it will all depend on the kids and how they are. I must buy shoes today since their pics are saturday and tomorrow is shot with company and appointments. Michelle said he freaked when they got into the office by the cubicles so I don't know if he had seen Katy yet or not. He had a pretty fitful night too. I was up and down with him all night. He did take a bath in his baby bath last bath day. I noticed that it is just his head that causes him distress. I am wondering if they dumped water over his head to rinse him before. I was just really careful when I noticed it and he took it much better. I am just happy he is home. My goal for this month is to get back OP and stay there! I put back a few pounds and I don't want to go back to where I was before. I can't eat pancakes and top ramen and lose weight-just doesn't work. Ok need to get kids put together and try and get as much done as I can before I lose little people and have to come home.
melissa
Old 12-01-2005, 11:51 AM   #5  

Melissa- Thanks for starting the new thread.
Theresa- Hope you all recover quickly.
Melissa- did Kate last the whole 2 hours of the visit? As bad as it is, I hope Logan screamed a lot and the CWs documented.

Well a new month means really getting on OP and staying. We need to all do it this month,cause it is a hard month for people like us with food issues.
Perhaps we need to all set out our goals for the month, including the holidays and work to keep those goals. So far I have 2 parties, one breakfast and we will probably go to DIL's mom for Xmas dinner. They are fabulous cooks. He is a culinary graduate and owns a really good diner, so the food is wonderful and they are nice too. In addition, I have to make baklava, my kids most favorite treat and send it to Seattle for my son amd MD, to my daughter. That's going to be real hard to stay out of.
I have to think about how to handle the month.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:03 PM   #6  

Michelle said it took about 15 minutes to calm him down and that he was gassy too but I also noticed they had a bottle with juice in it. He is too little for juice so that could have caused it.

I don't have to worry about any parties at all-just christmas eve and christmas day. Christmas eve I have control over since I am doing the cooking. We wake up on the eve like it is christmas morning so that they don't miss anything and they also have the day to play and then the kids go to their prospective other parent or family for the day. I already decided not to bake this year. We really don't need it. I am not sure what I am supposed to bring on christmas day yet. My goal is to get my butt back in gear and get below 200 this month. The treats and things that I usually do for christmas won't apply since I won't be spending the day with Katy and two of my brothers live too far away and I don't think I will be seeing them.
Melissa
Old 12-01-2005, 01:26 PM   #7  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

Default Merry December!!!

Good Morning Ladies!!
Glad everyone is feeling better at your house Theresa! I hope Ty doesn't get it, its hard on little one's when they don't know what's going on. It just broke my heart when Sam(2 1/2) had those sad eyes everytime he threw up Good going on the loss! I lost some when I was sick too.

Melissa-Just to better your case, I was hoping Kate wouldn't show up, too! Maybe she'll get tired of it after a few visits?

Laura-OOOHHHH!!! Baklava Wish you were my mom!!!! My mom does NOT bake! I have 3 sisters and she taught us to cook as quick as she could! Good Luck!!!

My main December goal is to get to 222(50 lbs gone) As of this morning I have 5 to go. My smaller goals are to get to Curves 3x/week and drink all my water everyday. I've been really bad about both of these the last couple weeks. Since Christmas dinner is at my house I need to sit down with hubby and make a plan. I know he will be on my side since he has now made the decision to lose weight with me. Hopefully he sticks with me!! He LOVES fruitcake(yuck, yuck, !!!) but he didn't buy any at WM the other day after he looked at the servings and calories !! We're going to check out the gym tomorrow, we'll see how it goes!

Does anyone want to exchange Christmas cards? We are doing it for the second year in another group I'm in and it was fun last year! If you're interested PM me your addresses and I'll make up a list.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Kathy
fancyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 01:42 PM   #8  

It depresses me when I really start to think about all the eating events that take place this month. One of my friends bakes bread each year. It's the best bread ever in the world. They drop it off as soon as it comes out of the oven and we usually rip into it with butter and it's gone so fast.
Maybe it's one day at a time. Who knows?
Laura
Old 12-01-2005, 02:52 PM   #9  

Next weekend is hubby's Christmas party for his work, which is never fun. Hubby's ex works there and she hates me fiercely, she thinks I "stole" him or something, long story there. But, she is about 300 lbs. and usually I go in feeling insecure and fat and stay away from her, but this year I am going in with a ton more self esteem. I don't care what she says or thinks, I am going and having fun!

The weekend after that is my son's birthday party, and then Christmas the week after that. For some reason Allie gets the entire week after Christmas off school, too bad we still have to pay the entire amount for the month, not quite fair in my mind.

I have not decided on Christmas yet. I wanted to send hubby and kids to MILs on the eve, and cook here for us on Christmas day, but it would feel more like Christmas if I just went to MILs on the day I guess. I don't even know how to cook a Christmas dinner, so it might be smart to let MIL and mawmaw do it anyway

I haven't sent goals beyond the weight goal because I don't know what to do for this month. I'm going to be unbelievably busy getting the birthday and christmas done. I just want to get some sort of exercise in every day, maybe that should be my only goal...I don't know!

Theresa
Old 12-01-2005, 03:28 PM   #10  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

Happy December everyone!

I echo Kathy ! I LOVE baklava- But to my hubby's dismay I can't make it to save my life so he only gets it when we go to a greek place to eat.

It seems holidays and eating go hand in hand-like they are combined and you can't have fun without eating. I have 4 dinners and 3 parties this year. 3 of the dinners will be good as everyone involved brings a couple dishes and I can bring salads or make something lower in calories and fat. 1 dinner may be bad but i am planning on eating very low points that morning and taking small portions of what is offered. Of course i may blow it but it's only 1 meal so it won't be the end of the world. 1 party will be rough but i will take a veggie platter and eat before i go- the other party is just drinks and since i don't drink it'll be ok. They'll have seltzer for me and they always have popcorn and veggies to nibble so that'll be ok.

I think my main goal this December is to just maintain my habits i have now and not slip back into drinking soda and eating the wrong foods. I do need to exercise- I am in fear of getting whacked again
I am telling Santa what i really want for christmas is to hit in the 150's before 2006.- Santa will probably tell me to exercise more and really pay attention to eating
I will think about an exercise goal for December- I don't want to make it too hard but hard enough so it's a challenge or else i'll blow it off.

I will be baking- after spending hours baking I have NO desire to eat any of it! hubby and zach are my taste testers so i won't nibble anyway. i found a really good recipe for banana muffins for diabetics made w/o oil and sugar i am going to try them tonight and see if they are any good.
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #11  

While disinfecting the house (hoping Ty and Steve will escape the tummy bug), I decided I will not make an overall December goal and will just make weekly goals, that way I can take into account the extra things happening every week and make reasonable goals. I don't know what the first one is yet, but figure I'll have it by Sunday night to focus on for Monday. Until then, I have to get us back on schedule again. Allie just now went down for her nap, but she HAD to do it or I was going to snap on her! There just comes that point, ya know?

Okay, it's my exercise time, so I'll check back later gals!

Theresa
Old 12-01-2005, 08:07 PM   #12  

I like Theresa's idea of weekly goals. Sometimes when I know lots of parties etc are coming up, I blow it in advance, so weekly goals is a good idea.
Sandi's is also on a good track. Let's help each other!
Laura
Old 12-01-2005, 08:23 PM   #13  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

Theresa -I like your idea of a weekly goal- seems to make things easier than attempting a whole month of one major goal.
is it ok if i borrow your idea ??

Jocie was sent home from school cause for her cough- she is so croupy and nothing seems to work. the old fashioned vicks and hot tea and honey seems to help a bit but not enough. The Dr. says well she doesn't have an infection so they can't help and cough syrup doesn't help. I get so mad and feel helpless when a little one is sick and there's nothing to help.

I have 2 buttons to sew on a uniform, dishes and 1 load of laundry to do
if i ever have lots of $$ I am hiring a helper to do stuff i don't wanna do.

i am going to set a goal of this week (i'm gonna go Thursday to Thursday) to exercise 4 times for 30 minutes, drink my water and watch PORTION sizes.

This weekend is crazed with 2 cantata practices and Sunday is the Bringing of the Green and somehow I get roped into helping to organize it all. I am not quite sure how that happened - next week (the 11th ) is the big production lots of stuff to keep straight.
I am off to attempt to sew a button- (my idea of sewing is tape or a staple gun)
Have a good night all.
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:52 PM   #14  

Of course you can steal my idea...and so can anyone else who feels so inclined. So much for thinking we were all better here Allie went to bed as normal and I finished up my task of wiping the house clean of germs, then she woke back up said her throat hurt, stood up and puked all over my newly cleaned floor. Now she's up playing, saying she feels just fine. I guess I'll have to take her to the doctor in the AM. Oh joy, there goes some of the $ I was going to use for christmas shopping.

We are going to buy a new dryer on Saturday...hubby wants to put it on the credit card and get a brand new set. I think we should get a cheap used dryer since the washer is working fine, but he says it's just as old as the dryer and will probably act up soon as well. Oh well, I told him to do what he wants, it's now his job. The laundry is piled up so high it will take me forever to catch up.

Theresa
Old 12-02-2005, 08:08 AM   #15  

December is one of my favorite months usually. This year I'm a little worried about resisting all the great food that's around at this time. So far my december has started off with TOM making it's monthly debut. That worries me because coming this early means another appearance right around Christmas!!
I like Theresa's idea of weekly goals. I only have one this week.... RESIST CHOCOLATE!!!! So hard to do with TOM in the house!!
Let's all finish the year with a BANG and reach our goals. Just think what a great start it will give us for the new year!
MistyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote