Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 11:38 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#58)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 11:45 PM   #2  

Hello

I have not fell off the face of the earth. I've had sooooooo much going on. To top it all off, My Dad was hanging up Christmas lights and fell off the roof of his house. He has a very bad concusion (sp), several,several stitches on his face, bad brusises and a broken arm.For about 30 min. after his woke up from his fall he didn't know anything or anyone.My Mom found him laying in the driveway in a pool of blood & called 911. He's doing much better but please keep him in your prayers.

We just got home from KY (went back up there after work). He seems to be doing a little better tonight. I'll keep you all posted.

I must get in the bed...I'm about to fall out. I'm really tired.

I'll post when I can. Please don't give up on me...

I really love you all....
Old 12-01-2005, 05:37 AM   #3  

Sherry-I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sending more healing prayers your way.

Cheryl-Happy Anniversary! Those earrings sound beautiful. I can't believe it's been 1 year already. Time just flies by so quick.

Dee-What are you doing at the gym when the dr. ordered you not to go??

Suzy-I'm getting highlights done on the 17th. What color is your hair? Why not post a picture on our picture thread? We would love to know who we are "talking to." Most of us have already done so.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:42 AM   #4  

hello
cheryl,happy anniversary!
ramona,happy birthday!

sherry,omg!i hope your dads ok!
he was real lucky,you and yours are in my prayers!

luckily for me brians starting to get overtime,we need it.
keep in prayer that the foremen get there christmas checks,he got one last year but noones talking,posed to be the 2 3 wek we realy need this so if you guys would keep that in your prayers id be grateful!
hugs,
Attached Images
File Type: gif BETTYB~312.GIF (24.8 KB, 17 views)
Old 12-01-2005, 09:38 AM   #5  
Losing it!

CHERYL, HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY! Stewart did good with the earrings...they sound beautiful!

Sher, I hope your dad gets along ok...is he in the hospital? So glad your mom was around to find him. Keep us updated! How is waynes thumb??

Doni, I'm wishing everyone has a nice Christmas and if employers give bonuses, all the girls here benefit. Steves job gives an annual bonus and we soooo look forward to it. The money goes toward Christmas presents and paying our property tax due the week before Christmas.

Suzy, congrats on the pound loss!!! You are on a roll! GREAT JOB! What plan are you following?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:33 AM   #6  

Sherry don't worry about not posting. I understand because I have been very busy here too. I know that when things settle down you will be back here everyday keeping us in line. My prayers are being said for your Dad. Fortunetly he will be ok. That is pretty scarey. Is Wayne able to work with his injured thumb? By the way reading your post I could tell you were very tired. I love the Christmas banner that you have welcoming us.

Shelley I am stuborn like you. I just need my exercise. I love it. I am trying to do exercise that keeps my heart rate lower.

Doni I hope that it works out with the extra money at christmas. I will pray for all your expenses to be covered. I was looking at your weight loss counter. Wow you have almost lost 50 pounds. You are doing awesome. Keep on losing.

Gayle are your finances looking better now that you are working? Are they managable now? I know that christmas must be tough. What is on little Allison's list this year? It is so much fun having a little one around for christmas. This is the first year that we don't have any of our kids living at home. It is sad but I haven't had much time to think about it. Can you imagine if that was you? We are the same age.

Suzy it is tough to lose weight at this time of year with all the extra treats and parties happenning. You are doing a great job.

Cheryl I can't believe that it is a year already. I bet it went fast for you. You sound so happy with the earrings. Your Prince knows you well. I am happy for you.

Time to answer my washing machine. I have alot to do before we leave saturday. Friday night we will be at a dinner and a christmas play called the living christmas tree. It is our friends from the aqua class at the Y. It should be fun.

Time to go. Love you all.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:33 AM   #7  
Losing it!

I'll be back later, just wanted to share an email I received from Ramona this morning.

Hi Gayle. I just wanted to give you an update. Dan is out of ICU and is doing well. He still doesn't have any movement in his legs, but we haven't given up hope yet. He will be moving to a rehab hospital in Houston, Texas sometime next week. It is a VA facility and they will be paying for his treatment. This is real blessing since he didn't have any insurance. I'll be going back to Little Rock tomorrow for the weekend. Love you all and make sure your kids are buckled up!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:40 AM   #8  
Losing it!

I can't imagine Christmas without doing the Santa thing Dee. Liz has benefited through the years being so much older then Allison, we have included her in the Santa presents when it should of stopped years ago. LOL!
My oldest celebrated her 21st on Wednesday, now the next one will be 7 yrs. mid-month! Man! I feel old!
Finances are the same....I needed a new car so basically my work money makes the payment/insurance/taxes etc.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:58 PM   #9  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Sherry, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's accident! It sounds like he's going to need some time to recover, but I'm glad he wasn't hurt any worse than what he was! It must have been very frightening for you all! I will be praying for a full and fast recovery for him.

Shelley, my hair is dark brown. I just have subtle highlights put in to help hide the gray ...the highlights come out a pretty copper color. I'll get out the camera and see about changing my avatar...I agree, it's nice to put a face to the name.

Doni, I hope your Christmas bonus comes through as expected! It sure would be disappointing if you didn't get it when you're really counting on it!

Gayle, I'm basically counting calories and watching my portions. I try to keep my calorie count between 1200 and 1500, but there are days when I do go over that. I think relearning portion sizes has been the most important step towards my successes so far. I really haven't changed what I eat that much...just how much I eat of it! I used to think nothing of eating a huge bowl of ice cream (4 big scoops!) before I went to bed each night. I don't eat ice cream that often now, but when I do I make sure that it's portioned to what the label says (1/2 cup) and that I count the calories!

Dee, I'm glad to hear that you are taking it easy...I know it's hard for you! Have you received any results from your tests yet?

Ramona, I'm so glad to hear that Dan is out of ICU and continuing to do well! My prayers continue for Dan and the rest of your family. (Gayle, thanks so much for keeping us updated!)
Old 12-02-2005, 05:58 PM   #10  

I am getting ready to go to the Living Christmas Tree Muscial and dinner. There will be 28 people from the Y going. It should be fun.

Tomorrow morning we will be leaving for Vegas. Larry said that we will have a lap top that has internet so I will be posting. I will keep in touch.

Have a good weekend.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:39 PM   #11  

Hello...

We just got done eating and wanted to pop-in and say hello before we head to KY to see Mom & Dad.

Dad didn't like the orthopedic doctor who the ER recommended so Mom made
an appointment with the doctor she used a few years ago here in Nashville. He went this morning. He found that his arm is not only broke but his elbow is CRUSHED! Surgery will be Tuesday morning. They will put a rod in it. He looks so bad, it's hard to describe. Bless his heart.

Wayne's thumb is really bothering him tonight. I think all the lifting he does at work has taken it's toll on it. He went back to work the next day after cutting it. Monday will be 14 days since he cut it. He'll have his stitches out then. Hopefully it will be healed by then.

When my life slows down I'll be able to post to everyone again.
Have a great weekend.

Love to all.....
Old 12-03-2005, 12:16 AM   #12  

Sherry I am sending a speedy recover to both your dad and Wayne. I will be praying for your Dad's surgery to be sucessful and for him to feel much better.

I am off to bed, got a busy day tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:52 AM   #13  

Sherry-My friend just had a rod put in her arm last week because it was crushed from a fall. Prayers to your dad and Wayne.

Gayle-Thanks for the update on Dan.

Dee-I thought you were just in Las Vegas for your anniversary. Of course, you know me, I can't remember anything anymore! Have a nice trip.

Suzy-It sounds like my hair is the same color as yours. My hairdresser says she is going to do subtle highlights in my hair too. She already colors it to hide the gray, so she will need to perioxide it. Do post a picture!

Oh, Becky got her first acceptance letter from a college. This one is the University of Central Fl. in Orlando. That wouldn't be too far away. She is waiting for more, though.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:34 PM   #14  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Ok Shelley, I uploaded my picture this morning to use as my avatar.

Congratulations to Becky on her acceptance to the University of Central FL!

Sherry, safe travels to you. I'll be saying extra prayers for your dad when he has his surgery on Tuesday.

Safe travels to you too Dee! I hope you have a great trip!
Old 12-03-2005, 04:48 PM   #15  

Suzy-You are a cute Floozie! We have the same color hair. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours.
Closed Thread