Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2001, 05:30 AM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Default ***week of 2nd September***

Morning all - I have managed to get the date and the month right today

Technically (although it is a day late) it is a new month and as far as I am concerned a new beginning. I have been totally hopeless at meeting the past two goals, but I am up the for the next one and will post on it when I have weighed in on Tuesday. I have not had a terribly exciting week - my work life isn't quite what it should be and I have to admit it is dragging on and getting me down, but I know things will have to get better soon so I will try and remain upbeat and positive.

Hopefully I have not started everyone off to a bad week, but I have a special message for Pyria - keep your chin up love, keep posting when you can and don't worry, I am sure everyone of us has been through a pathetic poop stage. I kinda think I may be the Queen of Patheticness with my WW attempts at the moment, but stick with it, whatever is going on, it will soon work out.

To everyone, have a fantastic week

I have attached this especially for Rabbit - the OP Queen

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 09-02-2001 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-02-2001, 10:05 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
BFB-How do U attach those cutsie images?????I agree about starting over..Good luck on weigh in on Tuesday!!!!

Pryia-New month, new week!!!Hope all improves!!!

BIG LOSERS!!!!
Lauren-2.2lbs!!!
Rabbit-2lbs!!and OP!!!!!!

It has been raining for 3 solid days!!!That is better than 100 degrees I guess!!!It just brings the mood down!!Well, Aunt Flo has packed it up and left soo now I have no excuses to get up and move!!!!I read where U only have to increase calorie intake by 300 when U get pregnant, so that is only a yogurt and 2 fruits extra..I really want a baby, but it freaks me out the weight gain part!!I know if it happens, my Diva friends will help me get back on track in 9 months!!!!

Take care!!
Vicki
Old 09-02-2001, 01:11 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Well, yesterday was a total bust!! I am trying to get back on track, but today's not looking too good either. We are going over to mom's later and I think we're having pork roast, which will put me over, but I will not let it get as bad as yesterday!!

RR- Sorry to hear it's raining there, but we had our share! It's a gorgeous weekend here, perfect picnic weather...with a sweater maybe! I wouldn't be surprised if it rains tomorrow though, because it always rains on Labor Day here!!

BFB- That's a really cute attachment!! Let's try and meet a Columbus Day goal together!! ...I guess you don't have that Holiday over there either!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 09-02-2001, 07:44 PM   #4  

Hi all!

I made my LD Goal!!!! Am back up .5, but maybe by tomarrow...

Not a very exciting weekend. Just rebuilding furniture, unpacking etc. Glad to get it done

Have made no progress on the aerobics thing, but got a yoga tape. I had a spinal fusion when I was little and have been a big lazy butt for a few years so I am really tight all over and think the stretching will be great. Did it tonight and enjoyed it!

Last edited by BaileySG; 09-02-2001 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2001, 07:47 PM   #5  

Pyria Sorry to hear you are feeling like a PP. Sometimes our greatet difficulties are actually the moments that lead to great things in the future! Keep your chin up.
BFB Sorry to hear about the gain. Best of luck on the CD goal. Come kick my but if you don't see me on the exercise thread next week (hope I don't have to come kick yours We can do it!
Rabbit GO RABBIT, GO RABBIT! Yes I like the job OK. I actually liked school, but not my advisor. Wanted to move back to Boston but couldn't really transfer, so.... QUIT It's a good thing. I am 5'3" Supertall LOL. I was too thin when I started college (111), but know that I still feel I have a ways to go at 140. Am trying for 135 - will re-evaluate later.
LBH Keep up the planning! You are doing great. Glad to hear about the walk. It is so exciting when you can reach a goal like that! LOL no I was not out kicking puppies! I was saying that I would rather go over my points (or lock myself away in a cellar for that matter) than try to stay OP while having TOM and winding up acting like a lunatic.
RR Thanks! I will try to keep the positive attitude. Are the kids being agreeable with the new plan? Hope so, it sounds great.
Sonya Hope the start of school is great! Are you just beginning your masters? Try not to let those jitters get to ya.
Juldiet I can't find my WW book, but when I find it will try to help with points. Found It!! go see 8/26 food log

Last edited by BaileySG; 09-03-2001 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:50 AM   #6  

Hello all!!!Well, we have a little sunshine today but not for long!!!!!!Just running around the house with SD#2 dancing to MTV and Barney!!!!

Bailey-Only me and my husband know "the Plan"!!!!My older SD will have a fit soo it is best to have "the surprise"!!She will be excited when she figures out that dad is still her dad and will not leave cuz of a new baby!!!I am also supertall at 5'1!!!!We all know that struggle of being "height challenged!!!!!"That is why the pregnancy thing is scarey cuz I am soo short...I will still hopefully jog and do arm excercises maybe legs with the machines...Who knows!!!!

Lauren--Sweater weather????WOW!!!Work on the OP today!!!It is soo easy to be swayed when the holidays are here!!!
WEll, off to make oatmeal for me and SD#2!!!!She needs her energy for today!!!*L*
Vicki
Old 09-03-2001, 01:33 PM   #7  

RR - I was actually talking about "the plan" to put the kids to bed early so you would have time alone, but I can see where "THE PLAN" pops up much easier in your mind! LOL - best of luck with both plans
Bailey
Old 09-03-2001, 08:08 PM   #8  

Hello ALL!!!
Just playing with the computer tonight downloading honeymoon pics!!!!If U want to see some go to www.picturetrail.com and the album is refman2001...
BFB--The pics would bore U since U get to see the great pics in person everyday!!!I am jealous!!!
Have a great evening all!!!
RR
Old 09-03-2001, 11:21 PM   #9  

Bailey, Thanks for posting those points for me. I've never done WW but was interested to see how the points would turn out for me. Thanks!!!

We're back from our St Louis show....it was very good!! I haven't weighed yet will do that in the morning. I'm sure I at least maintained.

I've got to get the kids in the bathtubs. Alex found a pen and marked all over his arms and legs as well as drew 40 lizards (one per page - and I had to staple it into a book).

- jul
Old 09-04-2001, 10:18 AM   #10  
Pink Thingy

Hi all!

Hope everyone is having a great day. I have just heard on the news that Kate Winslet (Titanic) is splitting from her husband, they haven't been married long and they have a 9 month old baby daughter. I think it is so sad, I thought they would be one of the couples that went the distance. I don't know if you guys get the magazines OK! and Hello!, but over here the majority of celebrities allow these magazines to have exclusive coverage of their wedding (you must have heard about Posh Spice and David Beckham's "wedding" and Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones). Anyway Kate and her husband refused to allow this to happen, they got married and came out of the church (she wore a lovely Givenchy bridal gown) and let all the photographers take pictures and then they went to a pub to have a wedding reception of bangers and mash and bakewell tart (yum). Anyway, back to what I logged on for...

LBH - I think we should be the "Bust It Babes" - let's challenge each other to stay OP and meet the CD goal
Bailey - congrats on meeting your Labour Day goal. I too will one day set a goal and meet it!!!! Not quite sure which day that will be though..... I'll kick your butt if you kick mine
RR - I had to take a peek at the pictures. I guess when you are living in it, you don't really appreciate it, but I have to admit that Hyde Park is a beautiful park, that's where I go and do my skating, along the Serpentine. It is so beautiful.
Juldiet - sounds like you have a budding artist in the making. Let the creative juices continue to flow......

Gotta go for now
Old 09-04-2001, 10:28 AM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, bowling starts up again tonight and I'm going to try really hard this season to NOT buy dinner at the lanes!! I have a muffin and yogurt with me and I'll have a shake before I leave work to try and hold me over til dinner when I get home. And that will have to be something light, since it'll be around 9:00. Maybe I will try to remember to make a sandwich to bring with me to bowling, so I don't have to eat late when I get home.

BFB- OK, you're on...I WI on Wednesday's, so my last CD WI will be 2 days after CD!

Gotta run...
Old 09-04-2001, 12:26 PM   #12  

HELLO EVERYONE!

Wow - lots of posts while I was away. I went out of town for 2 days and I did okay. I'm pretty happy about that since that is SUCH a hard time for me. I, unfortunately however, broke my op spell. I went over by .5 on Sunday and 1 on Monday according to my calculations afterwards. So I had 16 days going and shall now strive to beat that!

Pryia - Hope you are feeling better and have pulled yourself out of the blues.

BFB - I agree - a new month is a perfect opportunity to start fresh! I always see this time of year as the start of a new year anyway, because of the start of the new school year. Thanks for the cool attachment!!! You are talented! I haven't checked out RR's pictures yet, but you are fortunate to have a beautiful park to do your skating in.

Lauren - a SWEATER!

Bailey - WOOHOO on meeting your LD goal! That is so super! I do yoga one night a week and really like it. I think all of that stretching has to be good for me. 135 pounds just sounds so nice.

RR - I think you're right and sd1 will probably be so thrilled after she gets used to the idea of a family addition!

Jul - Glad to hear that your show went so well. Where in St. Louis were you?

Later all!!

RABBIT

**NO EXCUSES**
Old 09-04-2001, 12:37 PM   #13  

I wieghed this morning and I'm at 183. I can't remember if I was 183 the last time I posted weight or if I was at 184.5 hmmmmm I may have to go back to last weeks posts and do a little research.

Lauren: Be strong at the bowling alley, lots of high-fat, greasy foods. I love bowling but the nearest 'smoke-free' bowling center is 50 minutes away. There is one only 7 m. from my house but I can't deal with the smoke. I even took bowling in college one 'winterterm' (short 4 week classes over winter break) and just loved it.

BFB: It is so sad that people don't really give marriage a try. We just heard this weekend that some artist friends of ours are divorcing. They design and create wonderful jewelry. They have over a 100 wholesale accounts. Just how do you divorce a business like that????? It actually affected my husband more than it did me. Later he looked at me and told me how he just couldn't run this business without me, that he'd be lost without me. It made me feel very secure and appreciated.

My goal this week is to buy a yoga tape. My body is just all tense and 'creaky'. I think a little 'yoga time' is called for.

- jul
Old 09-04-2001, 03:12 PM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

You know, I ate lunch before I went out to the post office and store purposely so I wouldn't be starving and go to the darn BK in town. Well, I didn't bring extra veggies like I usually do and was still hungry when I got done at the post office. Went into the grocery store and got a nice salad for dinner tonight at the lanes, also got this bagel twisty type thing to go with it. But then I past the freaking Entemann's at the end of the aisle, and those darn choc. frosted donuts killed me. I bought them. I ate one. They're now under my desk, out of my site, and I will try to forget them...at least until tomorrow. But I will still be OP, even with the donut.

DH & I went for a bike ride last night. That thing he bought me for my b-day, that makes the bike like a moped, it's a POS!! I told him to send it back!! The handle that you squeeze to make it go...it's like a brake handle...it fell off the handle bar when I let go and got caught in the front spokes...thankfully I was almost stopped...and bent, and now it doesn't work!! I said, for $140., it's not worth it, I'd rather suffer and take longer to get up the hill and stop and rest if I have to!! He doesn't think they'll take it back, but I told him let me talk to them!!

Jul- Congrats on the possible loss!! I wish our lanes were non-smoking. It annoyed me when I smoked, and now that I don't, it annoys me even more!! And unfortunately the 3 people I bowl with smoke like chimineys!! They're the kind of people that love to smoke, have forever, and get insulted when other people are annoyed by it. It has just gotten to the point where I stand back against the wall when all three of them are lit up. They try to be a little considerate, like holding it in their other hand if I'm next to them or something, but you know that doesn't do squat! I've never seen a NS alley around here, down in VA I did though. I think they had a bar that you were allowed to smoke in.

Rabbit- Oh heck, if I'm less than 2 over, I almost consider that OP!! The way I've been it almost is!! Try not to be so hard on yourself, you didn't eat 40-50 pts.!! And Yes, there have been a couple days of late day sweater use!! Just a light sweater, not dragging out the fleece yet!!

OK, gotta get motivated for work!! Man, have I been a slacker lately!!
Old 09-04-2001, 05:41 PM   #15  

Hello all!!!Went to the healthclub and did a bit on the bike and the treadmill!!Sort of tired cuz I was awake late last night but any amount of time is better than none!!!!

BFB--I should post a few more pics since I forgot the actual park names and buildings..Maybe U could identify them for me?????
I remember the Hyde Park name now!!!!

Lauren--Congrats on bypassing BK!!I am glad the meat thing is unappealing to me!!It makes fast food restaurants easy to drive by!!!I agree about the smoking at the bowling alleys..It is ridiculous sometimes...My SD is in cheerleading, and the teacher smokes..Makes me nuts since the girls adore her so much..She even hangs the cigarette out the side of her mouth to position them correctly etc..YUCK!!!

Jul--UR right about the divorces...Sometimes people make it easier to divorce than to work out the problems...I think that is why I waited soo long!!!

Rabbit--U still get the OP award!!!!

I made the best meal last night...Spinach, bell peppers and chicken breast sauteed with garlic and onions...U have to beat the chicken flat for it to be very good!!!It is moist and juicy. REfman said he didnt know he married a gourmet cook!!!
Well, have to go do supper!!
Vicki
Closed Thread