View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 03:28 PM   #16
MaggieShines
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Hi, all... I recently ran out of my St. Ive's Apricot Scrub as I was about to hop in the tub to prepare for a "hot date." No way was I going out to the store, but I really wanted to exfoliate, so it was off to the kitchen for me. Here's what I came up with: I put some regular sugar in a bowl and add a few drops each of almond extract and vanilla extract. Then I added some safflower oil (mine wasn't from the grocey store; it's the oil I use as a base for potions and such, which I got from Bath & Body works, but I think it's the same). Then I mixed it all up. Right before I was ready to use it, I added a very little bit of water just to make it more spreadable. I washed first and then used it to exfoliate my arms, legs, face, butt.... everywhere. Then I rinsed off with warm water.

I love this because it rinses away clean and leaves no grit anywhere; it smells wonderful and not at all fake; it moisturizes as it exfoliates; and it's just yummy and fun. Plus my sweetie said my skin tasted vaguely sweet and woodsy. Nice! Just be careful because the safflower oil can leave your tub slick, but not as bad as baby oil or some commercial oil-based soaks.
MaggieShines is offline   Reply With Quote