View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 09:53 PM   #111
Janissa11

Screen Name: Janissa11

Family Life: Single, never married.

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, reading, knitting and crocheting, bicycling, gardening, photography, etc.

Favorite Music: Eclectic -- classically trained, but I like a great number of things.

Favorite Color(s): Blues, pinks, sage green.

What are your fitness/health goals? Healthier in general; reduce blood pressure and cholesterol; firm up and get in better shape -- and wear that swimsuit lurking in my dresser, and look good in it....

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Combination of things: hospitalized in Sept. for pneumonia, and found my weight was at an all-time high. Soon after, I watched a program on Discovery Health about a 627-pound woman, and found her plight both deeply touching and frightening. And realizing one day that of all the wishes I could make and never have any hope of getting, the one about losing weight was within my grasp. All I had to do was start. So I did.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? At the moment, keeping track of what I eat and controlling my mealtimes is the most difficult, thanks to a crazy hospital schedule.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1. Eating sufficiently to reach my 1200-cal a day goal.
2. Exercise -- I don't do enough, and intend to change that.
3. Variety -- I get stuck in ruts.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: I'd love to look AS GOOD as some of the young gals I work with. Especially the snotty ones. *grin*

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? That bathing suit I haven't touched in years. And maybe, one day, a bikini....