Old 11-23-2005, 07:20 PM   #1  

Default Relapse

Hey all,

Long time no chat.. Been away for a bit, and unfortunately had a bit of a relapse.

At the beginning of the month, while spending a beautiful weekend in Niagara with my girlfriend for our anniversary, I proposed, and she said yes. We sort of spent the following days celebrating our engagement. When we got back I made the stupid decision to try and repair any damage I did during our vacation by myself (without the help of and before returning to Jenny Craig). Instead I sort of fell into the "lets continue the celebration" for a couple days, when all of a sudden days turned into a week and weeks into a month.

Luckily I woke up this morning and slapped my self in the face, made an appointment and weighed in at 9 pounds heavier then I did a month ago.

As I have said in my blog, I am an emotional eater, but it goes both ways. I eat a lot when I am stressed but also when I am happy, it's just two different patterns with the same outcome.

This whole process is about gaining control of those patterns and stabilize my self.

I recognize that I lost sight of that for the last few weeks and for it I have paid a penalty.

I am not going to try to get back on track and hopefully by this time next week I will have found my groove again.

In retrospect the dumbest thing I could have done is stop coming to this site, even when I have been non active on the boards (usually because of how hectic work is) I have always taken the time to actually read them, I have rarely frequented it in the last month and its good to see everyone doing so well.

Anyway, still reeling from the high of the engagement, and am not going to lose that by dwelling on my error, I will just learn from it and move forward Besides... I have a wedding to help plan for now!
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:57 PM   #2  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Nash

Congratulations on your engagement!

And also...congratulations on picking yourself up..dusting off and starting over BEFORE major damage has been done!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:59 PM   #3  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Congratulations on the engagement!!! What exciting news!

As far as your weight, you see where you messed up so now you move forward. Gotta fit into that tux. lol
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:33 PM   #4  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Congrats on the engagement Nash. What a big time in your life!!!! You'll get those 9 pounds plus some!!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Congratulations on your big news!! You'll be back to a healthy lifestyle in no time, I'm sure.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:59 PM   #6  
hara hachi bu

Hi Nash,

Thanks for posting about your relapse. I'm struggling to come out of one right now.

Congrats on your engagement! I, too, overeat when I'm happy. And when I'm sad. And when I'm in any mood. :P
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 12:36 PM   #7  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Yet another 3FC wedding! Congratulations, Nash! Have you set a date?
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 12:33 AM   #8  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome back Nash and congratulations on your engagement. I my self have had I think three setbacks where I have gained 8 to 9 pounds during the last 2 years. The key is to do just what you have done which is get right back at it. Don't dwell on the gain just get back to work and take it off. It's good to see you back.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 07:41 AM   #9  
Krista

Default Hi nash!

Nash,
how totally awesome about the engagement!!! and dont stress about those 9 lbs you will get rid of them soon enough now that your back on plan! its great to see a guy take control instead of letting himself got to the dogs when he finds the girl of his dreams!
babs2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 08:30 AM   #10  
One pound at a time...

Nash, first of all congratulations on the engagement! Welcome back to posting! Actually, you are not alone your struggle, I myself have been sturggling for the past few months and there were a lot of threads posted as well with others saying the same thing. Your are right, I found it was easier to stay on track by coming to the board every day and not only reading about other people who are struggling but about other people's successes as well. Lurk or post, you know you will get your support here!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 08:42 AM   #11  

Hey guys,

Thanks You all rock.

We set the date on the spot, their wasn't much thinking over it. I proposed on our aniversary - so might as well get married on it! So November 4th 2006 is the big day. It's been a pretty insane experience - I believe in being well organised, so we already have the photographer, cake, venue & cattering booked. Julie is making her own dress, and i'm trying to track down a vintage tux, something with a little more elegance and style then contemporary tuxedos - say from the 30's - 40's. Oddly enough I have some pretty strange and interesting stories about the booking process, but i'll put them in my blog this weekend (which is being revamped) instead of boring you with the details here.

On a diet note! Sheesh, leave Jenny Craig for 4 weeks and they go and introduce a Chocolate Cheese Cake, which is to die for. It's a full cake (which is rare for JC as they are all about individual portions), that devised into 8 generous slices and one slice is only 1.5 grams of fat, 160 Calories. I was super impressed. Unfortunately they are limited! so i think i may stock up next week.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 08:56 AM   #12  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Congratulations on your engagement.

You will get back on track and take care of that 9 pounds. I think it is good that you were able to get back on track at the point of 9 pounds and that it didn't get way out of hand ~ 20 or 50 or 100 pounds instead.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:52 AM   #13  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi Nash,
I hadn't heard back from you about the results of the proposal - I was getting worried Congratulations!!

As for the 9 pounds - you'll take care of them in no time at all. You recognize your patterns, just have to work a little on taking control of them. Great to see you back!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 01:49 PM   #14  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Ooh, a vintage tux! Very stylish! We should get some nice photos out of this one!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations!!!! Welcome back. At least you realized you were sliding downhill and caught yourself. You'll have those 9 pounds gone in no time.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote