Old 11-25-2005, 10:38 AM   #1  

Default I had the nicest early morning walk

It is so nice early in the morning in this oasis in the Nevada Desert. I walked the beach on the Colorado river, the water is low this time of the morning
(6:30) The quail were out in the flower beds. I saw a rabbit cross my path and the humming birds were out at the water fountains. The sun was coming up across the river in Arizona, an lighting up the Nevada side. I got a mile walk in and it was beautiful and peacefull.
Just wanted to share
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:43 AM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

That sounds beautiful ~ glad you had such a nice walk.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:46 AM   #3  
Downsizing Dee!

Joyce, that sounds awesome - especially when I compare it to my 1 hour commute in 3 inches of snow

Good for you!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:11 AM   #4  

Joyce, I love walks like that, what a great way to start the day! Are you originally from OK? I saw OK as your location but AZ where you were walking today. I live near Ponca City, OK.
Dee
poohshunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:24 PM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

thanks for sharing that, such a lovely picture. the storm we had knocked all the colorful leaves out of the trees, now the sidewalks are covered. it's sunny and cold here on the east coast. the cat doesn't want us to put her down, she likes to cuddle when it gets chilly
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 04:06 PM   #6  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

That conjures up such a lovely tranquil picture. Thanks. Early morning is my favourite time of day though I rarely see it these days.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 04:33 PM   #7  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi Joyce,

Love the new (to me at least) avatar picture. I'm jealous. Have been slipping and sliding in the snow all day. Enjoy!!!
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 05:02 PM   #8  
Starting over once again

Have to admit when I saw the title of this post, I thought "why in the world would anyone get out and walk in 13 degree weather!!!" Then I realized, with some dismay that not everyone had 13 degree weather this morning!!!

Glad you had a nice walk. It sounded lovely!!
natenkayliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 06:48 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohshunny
Joyce, I love walks like that, what a great way to start the day! Are you originally from OK? I saw OK as your location but AZ where you were walking today. I live near Ponca City, OK.
Dee
I am on a vacation in Laughlin Nevada right now, Bullhead City Arizona is just across the Colorado River from here. When we fly out of here on Sunday morning, we will board buses, cross the river and board planes in Bullhead Ctiy. I haved lived in OKC since 1984.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:55 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeadventurer
Hi Joyce,

Love the new (to me at least) avatar picture. I'm jealous. Have been slipping and sliding in the snow all day. Enjoy!!!
Thanks, I like the picture too but my hair is about an inch shorte now. It is from a recent cruise. The weather here in Laughlin is very nice. I even go in a 20 minute swim in the pool, then a 10 minute hot tub. I have to take advantge of the nice weather while I can, I know there is snow in the forcast for Oklahoma when I get home.