Default It's September and Cows are back in the barn

Happy Labor Day, Cows!

I just have one more thing to say: Doctors have discovered that
Chocolate is good for your heart!!

Isn't that the best news yet?

Kiwi
Old 09-03-2001, 12:53 PM   #2  

Talking

Working hard to get ready for parents. Decided to redo the guest/playroom.

Looking forward to their visit. Hope everyone's having a great holiday weekend. tata for now.
frappe
Old 09-03-2001, 04:29 PM   #3  
fatter than U

Wink Redoing the guest room

Frappe, when you're finished over there, come over here and redo MY guest room please. I'll pay you. My dipsy parents haven't even booked a flight yet. Dad is h*ll-bent on using his Air Canada frequent flyer points even though AC has been incredibly rude to him saying things like "Look,sir, if you've got anything under 54,000 points I'm not even going to talk to you." and "What? Book you a flight out of Frankfurt to Hannover? Oh, no, we couldn't possibly do that. You're on your own there."

That d*rn Bagz! Not only did she send me back those 3 lbs I lost the other day, I think she also sent me her 'roids! Thanks, darling!

Hey Kiwi! Happy Labour Day (Canadian spelling)! Remember when YOU were in labour? Wasn't that fun? I ate chocolate today and will probably live to be 100. A fat 100, but what the hey.
Old 09-03-2001, 05:44 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Sorry about that Sugarbuns!

I did send you the 'roids,but I still have the three{plus}pounds---we went to a Labour Day Barbeque,which featured Sea-Doo rides{I had one}and water skiing,and inner tube riding{on the back of the motor boat}.It also was a cornboil and bonfire kind of party---My friends live on the River{Kennebecasis---Kiwi},and they have beach frontage-----The kids had a ball,and I was able to drink,as I had dd17 with me!!!!Isn't that great---your kid can be the designate driver!!!!ANYway---first day of school in these parts starts tomorrow----ds is going into Grade Two---seems like we were just strolling to Timmy's with his pluggie in his mouth and his plastic grocery cart across his lap{BOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO-----I hate this!!!!}.Dd17 is graduating this year------dd15 is in Grade 10---all this points to the fact that I am an OLD and FAT hag----speaking of Fat Old Hags---where is Peachbuns,and of course---the TRAITOR LUSHBUNS!!!!Frappe---please describe how you will DO OVER the guest room--Me and Sugar want details.Bye tanks.
Old 09-04-2001, 08:55 AM   #5  

Wink How To Fix Up A Guest Room

First step: spend 3 days clearing out the old clothes, toys, stuffed animals, defunct computer equipment and odd bits of electronics that no one knows anything about.

Second step: scream at family that they aren't helping, created this mess in the first place, don't appreciate all that you do for them and that you aren't their slave.

I think there are other s teps after this, but I got stuck at one and two.
Old 09-04-2001, 12:17 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Wow!

That's just how I do all household projects! We must be genuises, Frappe.

Heck, I wish I had a guest room. It occurred to me the other day that I will not have a guest room until one of the following: 1) we move, or 2) DD moves out of the house! Arrrggghh! I guess I don't want a guest room after all!

I'm sure you're wrong about the little guy going into 2nd grade, Bagz. He's way too young. Just think, your girls are in high school, but you get to go through the whole school experience all over again, this time with a boy! Doesn't that just sound wonderful (or exhausting)?

You know if I take that advice about chocolate, I may live to be 200, Sugar! Pounds, that is.

I wonder why they don't have a smilie for FAT?????? Maybe I'll make one up. Let's see: () There, that looks pretty fat. Here's a spider: //\\

I finished the bathroom reorganizing. It was ****. I hate housework of any kind. I also finished cutting the molding for DD's room (how many days did that take?) I only screwed up once.

Tata Kows

Kiwi
Old 09-04-2001, 07:10 PM   #7  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default just to cheer you fat cows up

I will tell this true story. Last week I went into McDonalds for the first time in about a year.

A young sloppy woman with a little three or four year boy was there and he was excited, impatient and jumped around all the time. He wanted things and he wanted them NOW.

She went to get him something he wanted like a spoon and he came to me with his McDonald's toy and said, "open this." So I wiped my greasy hands and pulled the sides of the plastic bag and opened it.

He ran to his mom yelling FOUR TIMES>>>"The Old Lady Opened IT!"

Oh, despair.
Old 09-04-2001, 11:07 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Why, Peaches, that's the cutest li'l ol' story I ever heard. That'll teach you to go to McDonald's, right?

Kiwi
Old 09-05-2001, 01:09 PM   #9  

Default Tee-hee!

Geez, Peaches, what a cute story! I have something similar happen to me every day. I work with a bunch of construction worker type guys who oogle young girls. It makes me feel ancient. One of them once referred to me as his "other mom" I about blew a gasket and told him he could call me his younger sister, but I'm not interested in being a mother to a 35 yr old.

Did anyone watch the Oprah show about women's attitudes about getting older? I think it was supposed to cheer me up, but it sorta had the opposite effect. Bleeh. And now I hear the poster child for wlb is referred to as an old lady. There is no hope for me.
Closed Thread