Old 11-23-2005, 03:35 PM   #1  
Big Ol' loser

Default what are you eating on Thanksgiving?

We had a plate given to us at weight watchers and then we added up points. Many were just gonna eat whatever. I am going to eat what I normally do minus the pecan pie...one little slice is 12 points!!

Luckily we are eating at my in laws and its not my 'family' food so I don't eat alot. They have cornbread stuffing and I'm used to sage sausage bread stuffing. I am not making it this year. Partly because my mom is making it at Christmas.

Besides that I will just watch my serving size. I plan on having one slice of the fried cajun turkey we are buying and a slice of my mother in laws ham.

are you gonna just eat what your normally do or doing something different this year?
My weigh in is on saturday and I am going to go- just as a accountability thing because I know if I don't look at those #'s then I will never get back on plan. This week has been my worst by far.
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:40 PM   #2  

I have been giving this some thought. I think I will eat off the lucheon size plate instead of the dinner plate and give myself much smaller servings of the usually stuff. On the smaller plate it still will look like a lot. I don't usually have the stuffing because it is full of onions and onions and I don't get along. I am not making gravy, we are having garlic mashed potaotes instead. I also made brownies for the boys instead of the pie and ice cream.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:57 PM   #3  
Big Ol' loser

mmm brownies!

I re read my post and its confusing. Basically we wrote on the plate what we'd eat then they had a list of all the foods and the points and we all added it up. Its really not so bad if you watch portions. Besides the pecan pie- my favorite!!!

Joyce one of the suggestions they made was not to eat on the big platter plates
We had the little plates at potluck day up here at work and I filled it up and I guess thats why I freaked a little. I will write down everything I eat as soon as I get home this year too.
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 04:06 PM   #4  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

I think this year I'm still going to eat what I usually do but maybe not until I feel like I'm going to explode like I usually do. I'm definately going to be watching how much I eat so I can stick it in my fitday and keep track. So basically I'm just going smaller portions
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 04:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I'm eating turkey, salad, 1 lowfat lemon muffin, and a small piece of lowfat pumpkin pie. I'm making a full fat pie and a lowfat pie. I was going to use Splenda in the lowfat, but I decided to go with regular sugar. Don't want to get too carried away! I think the big problem will be wine because the hosts do love their wine. I'm going to have to sip really slowly so they don't fill up my glass.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:30 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I'm having all the fixins that we normally do. The only thing we are doing is the one plate rule. No not a mile high plate but just one plate of all the good stuff normal portions and then one sampler plate of the desserts. We will be over our calories but not stuffing our selves.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:59 PM   #7  
Opulent

I am eating differently than I had planned because I spent all day cooking for a client and had lots of little tastes and such and I figured that I got in about 1500 calories just from that alone and a lot of it was things like pesto pasta and mashed potatoes and gravy! So, I will be eating more simply tomorrow than I had originally planned.

I will be having a slice of mixed berry pie and "dairyless cream" (which is silken tofu, maple syrup, sunflower oil and vanilla) as my one treat.

Other than that, I'll try to have a large salad of spinach and whatever else low-calorie I can find, a small portion of "unturkey" (seitan), zucchini-tomato-onion-garlic-corn-vegan cheese succotash, steamed romanesco, roasted cauliflower and polenta with marinara sauce.

I'll have fresh veggie juice (carrot, beet and celery) for breakfast, a gallon of water throughout and that's my whole day!
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote