Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-17-2005, 10:15 AM   #1  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Starting BFL on Monday and have ?? please

I will be starting BFL this Monday. I am trying to find a website that has some good receipes that fit the BFL eatting plan but that I can freeze....any suggestions??? I usually like to make my meals on Sunday to last the week,....any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Kim
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:51 AM   #2  
Need Motivation

Hi Kim -

I'm thinking of starting this program as well. I found some recipes here: http://www.bodyforlife.com/

I was thinking of pre making some breakfast burritos and wraps and freezing them for use later.

GL!

Last edited by jnmanderson; 11-17-2005 at 10:58 AM.
jnmanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:55 AM   #3  
Doin' it this time

Lightbulb

Thank you for the info. We could be buddies!!!!

That website didn't show up...can you PM me with it.

Thanks
Old 11-17-2005, 11:37 AM   #4  
Mel

Almost all the recipes in our recipe sticky thread posted above are BFL friendly...almost. When the thread was started, the majority of posters here were doing BFL.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 11:36 AM   #5  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals - I'm a long-time BFL-er trying to get back on the bandwagon, due to slipping this year and gaining back some of my weight. I'm planning on starting again on Monday as well - may I join you? I've got lots of recipes I could share as well - just let me know what kind of foods you're looking for and I can help you with that.
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:36 PM   #6  

Can I join you guys as well. I actually started on Thursday. I am going to stay on the South Beach diet and just add more protein to my diet.
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:08 PM   #7  
Doin' it this time

Hey everyone!!! Wahooo..... we have a great little group starting here.

I am anxious to get started. I do have alot to lose so I will be adding in more cardio then they suggest.

I have to go grocery shopping to get some good food in the house....lots of protien and whole grains, veggies.....yummmmmm.....Ok not really but I am sure once I purge the sugar from my system I will be fine and POP......My name is Kim and I am a pepsi aholic........lol

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 01:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

I feel like I’m late to the party, but I’ve been doing BFL for Women for about 4 weeks and would love to join your group. As you can see by my ticker, I’ve lost only 3 pounds. But because of the weight training I have lost about 13 inches! So I’m feeling pretty good about the program and myself, but still have much stubborn fat to lose. I expect it will take me 6 months or so to reach my goal.

I don’t have any good recipes to share yet, but I can tell you a few things I’ve been doing over the past few weeks.
• In the evenings, we grill almost all of our meat (usually chicken breast and various types of fish) and I steam fresh vegetables. Very quick ways to cook. I don’t usually have a carb at dinner, instead I have 2 vegetables.
• We grill extra meat each evening and I use the leftovers with pre-made vegetable salads from Trader Joe’s for lunch (skipping or using only a portion of the dressing). Surprisingly filling and very easy.
• One of my new favorite breakfasts is ½ c. nonfat plain yogurt mixed with ½ scoop of vanilla whey protein powder. Then I mix in 1 c. of fresh fruit. Because this is mainly carb, I also eat ½ c. lowfat cottage cheese or 1 hard-cooked egg. This is a little more than what BLF recommends per meal, but I need a bigger first meal of the day.

One difference between BFL and BFL for Women is the acknowledgement that 20 minutes of cardio 3 times a week isn’t enough for most women to burn fat. So I am doing quite a bit more, usually between 180 and 240 minutes per week over 4 or 5 days.

I hope you all have a great first week and look forward to hearing about it!!
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:54 PM   #9  

Hi everyone...

I have been reading about BFL for some time now. I have been dieting for over 7 months and have lost 116 pounds. I am still at 31% BF however and want to loose maybe another 25 pounds (give or take). So I have been hemming and hawing about buying the book, every time I go in Barnes and Noble I pick it up and then put it down thinking, geez..can I really spend the $26 this week on something other then bills and groceries? Recently I have become hooked on visiting the Goodwill and the other day as I was checking out the book section, the lady that works there brought out a whole cart of books to put on the shelf, and lo and behold, one of the ones she put up was BFL..brand new, looks like it had never been read. And it only cost me a quarter!! What a find! I was over the moon!

But to make a long story short...I read the entire thing last night and I think this may be a good program to take me where I want to get body wise. So count me in as well!

My only concern is the weight training and increasing the weights each set. I have a limited dumbell set, and changing the weights on and off of them for each set is a pain in the neck. I think I need to get a second set perhaps. How does everyone else handle this?

kerry
craicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 12:11 PM   #10  
Mel

After three weeks I joined a gym. It wasn't so much the inconvenience, because I have a lot of weights at home, but a safety issue. The amount of weight that I was squatting with a free bar at home was way too heavy to hoist up onto my shoulders without a squat rack or cage.

It is possible to do BFL at home if you have a wide range of weights, but I found it a lot easier and safer in a gym

Mel
Old 11-26-2005, 09:17 PM   #11  
come back kid

hey all,
i've been doing bfl for 5 weeks now and would like to join you all.
gypsy_witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #12  

Hi there,

I too, just started BFL, but I'm wondering why this thread stopped so abruptly...where is everyone?
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone,

I'm another BFL newbie (started yesterday).Are any of you vegetarians? and if so how do you fit that around the BFL food programme.

I also want to do more cardio , at least 5x a week but i'm not sure whether i should do the weights or the cardio first.Does anyone know which is best?

Good Luck
P.S the server cut me off last time i tried to post maybe that's why it suddenly went quiet.
shush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #14  
Mel

Do the weights first unless you are breaking your exercise into a morning and night session. If you do the cardio first, you won't have any energy for the lifting.

The servers have been very busy- it's resolution time, you know

Why don't you join us on the regular weekly thread? Some are doing BFL, some are doing their own thing. Most of us started with BFL or similar programs

Mel
Old 01-11-2006, 04:27 AM   #15  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I have a little question about this, my weights and cardio are always separate sessions, but usually on the same day. So do your glycogen supplies get replenished after you eat and then it's effectively like you're exercising (be it cardio or weights) with full glycogen levels so it doesn't matter which way round you do them?

Also what if you do arm weights, then running, does it matter which way round you do them since you're using different muscles? (Apart from the tiredness for lifting...)
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote