Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2000, 10:55 AM   #1  
Super Surfer

THe other thread was getting too long so I thought I would start a new one.

[This message has been edited by Trudy (edited 09-04-2000).]
Old 09-05-2000, 05:08 PM   #2  

Trudy glad you liked the hot dish that one is my very favorite.

Hi to every one don't have much time got to go to work I've started the count down. 17 days and a wake - up.
Old 09-05-2000, 06:54 PM   #3  

Good morning everyone! Did you all have a nice and safe holiday weekend? I went to Chicago with my daughter and her boyfriend. We spent Saturday at Navy Pier and Lincoln Zoo and Sunday at The Botanic Gardens. Both days were wonderful and I got to see two of my sisters for a short time. I'm very fortunate to have 5 sisters and we all get along very well. The worst part of the trip was the drive home yesturday, I did all the driving and I'm not fond of big city drivers!
Can any one tell me how to go about changing my users name? I like Slavika's idea "Linaka"
Linda
Old 09-05-2000, 09:05 PM   #4  
Life Time 2001

Sounds like everyone had a great long weekend!

Cal: This weather is prety weird for this time of year. It did clear up yesterday. Still nippy in the mornings tho. Think fall is arriving early! Congrats on the loss!

Pam: I finally made a chart to watch all the groups. Eating by the numbers type thing. It helped. It did show me I was going over on fruit. I also eat at the low range for 3 days and the middle range for 4 days. This was suggested by my leader and it helped alot!

Trudy & Karen: That Itailian Macoroni was good! Hubby loved it!

Slavika: So where in Hawaii are you going this time?

Countrygal: You can do it! And dont feel like a failure. Just get back on track and go from there.

Linda: To change your name you need to reregister. Click on the register button above. You might need another email address tho. Not sure on that one. Might want to write Suzanne at [email protected]. She will be able to help you.

Geri: that was a great link!

Have a great day all
Old 09-06-2000, 02:32 AM   #5  
Flying Fingers

Hi Friends,
Hope everyone had a great long weekend. Don't know about you, but my Labor Day weekend was full of "labor." DH and I worked at cleaning up the yard after the tree-cutting of last week. He had alot of firewood to cut. I bagged the stump grindings. It was a killer in this 100+ degree weather! Not as bad as Texas, but S. LA has set record high temps all week. And no rain either. Cal & Lily, wish you could send us some of your rain. We truly need a drencher in the south. Were you anywhere near the earthquake?
Cal: You must feel marvelous with your near-100# loss! What a tremendous accomplishment! I'm sure I can speak for all of us here ----- We are sooooo proud of you!! You are truly an inspiration for us to stay with it!
Lily: Congrats on the loss! Glad to hear you're on your way again. That Hawaiian vacation will be here soon. Are you packing yet?
Pam: Don't despair, you'll start losing again. You're doing all you should be, so it'll kick in soon. Your body is trying to get used to being its new size.
Geri: I loved "God's Embroidery." Thanks for sharing it. The snow sounds wonderful! Was it really cold? You sure do impress me with your squats and bench presses!
Slavika: You made my mouth water describing that carrot cake. That's my kind of dessert! Don't think I could stop at one piece, though. Wonderful that you and DH are going back to Hawaii. Maybe now Lily won't have to take all of us. I'll wait and go with you in Feb, Slavika, K???
Countrygal: I too had a little too much "good"food this weekend. I know just how you feel being disappointed in yourself. In the past when I would do that I'd just give up. But I finally realized I'd never get to goal if I keep giving up. So after those kind of weekends, I "talk to myself", get my head straight, and just get back with the program! I'm back OP, journaling, drinking water, and will try to walk tonight when the sun goes down! You with me???
Karen: Isn't counting down fun?! I'm thrilled for you!

Well, I'd better go now. It took me a long time to get this typed!

Josie
Old 09-06-2000, 04:31 AM   #6  
Fun Blonde

Slavika -Let me see if this bold thing works again. I loved your "yummy mummy" story. I am so envious of you and your DIL relationship. My middle son married in Dec so I have a good potential for one--she is a doll, but we are still in the exploring phase. She is wonderful and welcomes us to their home all the time.

Geri, Silvergal, etc - We here in OK have had our share of hot weather too. You Texans have us a bit beat in the records department, but we have had a string of tripple digits and I am going crazy! My DH and I have been at each other when we usually are pretty tranquil. Both of us have anxiety. We went to my sister's this weekend, went swimming, and I just ate and ate. I have not had my head on straight at all. Today is JUST 96 degrees so maybe we are heading for some cooler weather and I can get back to walking.

Margot - You are such an awesome female! You have lost so much and I am so proud of you! We all know how hard it is to stay focused and you are the energizer bunny--you just keep on going and going.

Went to WW meeting today. We have "homework." We are to write a "Dear John" letter to FAT. This could be fun.

Anyway, great to hear from you guys! Let's use Margot and Lily and all you who are losing as great inspirers and have wonderful OP days!
Glenda
Old 09-06-2000, 07:56 AM   #7  

Glenda, that "Dear John" letter sounds like fun. I think I'll mention it to my group.

Countrygal, I had too much holiday food too! Just when I think I'm back on track..... well let's do it together, girl! Back OP, one day at a time, huh?

I went to my first Karoke bar Saturday nite with DH, daughter and son. We had a great time. My son is a wannabe country singer, but I really don't think he's ready for Nashville yet! LOL.. It's fun though, especially after a few lite beers. I haven't laughed so much in a long, long while.

Slavika, another Hawaii trip! That's great. I think you were there when I first found this board. Sure wish I could tag along. I've never been there.

I'm going to check out that recipe site that one of you, was it Countrygal? mentioned. I need some new ideas.

Old 09-06-2000, 08:43 AM   #8  

Hi Everyone, It's me, Countrygal. Today was not good!!! I did walk though, and I hope that helps a little. My problem is the Hersheys Kisses and miniature bars that are in my house. I have got to get them out of here!!! I read on the ivillage site that in order to get rid of the cravings you need to eat more protein, and also take something called L-glutamine. Has anyone heard of that? If so, what is it, and can it hurt me. I think it's a vitamin or a mineral, not sure. If anyone out there knows something to take the chocolate cravings away, please let me know!!!I will try and do the protein thing tomorrow when I start craving chips etc. Hope that you are all doing better than I am. Maybe if I throw myself into exercising it will help. I need to get back OP and soon. Thanks for any help you throw my way. Don't give up on me, and I wont give up on myself. Thanks, Countrygal P.S. How do I do those cute smiles???
Old 09-06-2000, 09:52 AM   #9  

Countrygal Smiles: look on the reply page to the left of the white box that you write your reply in and click on the Smilies Legend and scroll down the page that comes up until you see all the smilies . I printed off the page and then you can practice on us we like to see smiles.
Old 09-06-2000, 09:56 AM   #10  
Net browser

HI EVERYBODY Ok JOSIE and LILY you know that carrot cake I was telling you all about, well maybe I better wait a long long time before I have it again. I went to WW today and what can I say, it was not a pretty sight at the scales. I guess that delicious BUTTER icing glued itself right onto this body of mine. So Lily I have to send you back to the weight chart again but this time I gained 2.2#, so now I weigh 155.6#. RATS. Ok, that's over and done with so now back on track.
SILVERGAL yes, DH and I went to Maui last year in Feb. and that's where we are going to go this Feb. so I better get back to goal. I would like to be under goal by then, just for some breathing space.
GERI I loved the embroidery story. That Blessings Site has lots of nice stories. PAM hello there stranger, nice "seeing" you again.
COUNTRYGIRL I think the best way to handle chocolate is the way our WW Leader suggests. You go to a really nice Chocolate store and buy "ONE" chocolate. Take it home sit down and eat it, enjoy it, count it and that's it there are no more. I should have applied that lesson to the CAKE. LOL.
Don't beat yourself up, just journal your points and continue on, like I'm going to do. GLENDA A Dear John letter to Fat. That's funny. I downloaded the song "Dear John" from Napster. I can see it now....Dear Fat: oh how I hate to .....
My friend I usually see on Wed, is going away tomorrow so I don't know what I will do. I didn't really make any plans yet. The weather this evening is raining and that's sort of what we had all day. I think more of the same is expected for tomorrow.
I sure wish I could share it with some of you gals who need it so badly. Ok, that it for me tonight...Hi to my friend TRUDY and I'll come back later and take a peek. night all.
Old 09-06-2000, 10:01 AM   #11  
Life Time 2001

Josie: Good to see you! I would be glad to send rain only it didnt last. Was beautiful today but only 85 degress. Just like spring time. My favorite time! This is really strange here as it is normally 100 or more. Not packing yet but Im ready! Cancelled the paper and all that stuff today! Im counting the days now. 10 more.......

Glenda: the Dear John sounds interesting. Will have to give that a try. Maybe that will be in my meeting this week.

Silvergal: Sounds like you had a great time! I have never been to a Karoke bar but I have heard they are a riot! DH keeps saying he is gonna take me so he can sing and maybe thats what is scaring me. He sings reallllll bad. But everyone I have talked to loves them! So I would like to go just need to leave DH at home.

Countrygal: I know protein will keep the hunger down but as far as chocolate I cant help there. You might want to try posting this on the WW General thread as there is alot of good info up there and you will get an answer. I know I read something about chocolate but I cant remember. Do have to agree with Slavika buy one and go on. But dont buy a bag and keep it at the house. If it is there get rid of it.

To make smily faces when posting; there are some links on the left side. One is Smiles Lengend. If you click on that and print it you will be able to make the faces. It will tel you what to type to make the face. Hope that helps!

Slavika: Sorry to hear about the gain. I know you and you will get it back off. You need to have the pleasures every now and again. Life goes on as always. We cant be prefect, but as long as we get back on track that is the important thing. Bet it will be off next week! I will be taking the chart down next week I know it!

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 09-05-2000).]
Old 09-06-2000, 10:48 AM   #12  

Hi all, We had a nice weekend. All the kids were home and we had a good time. I weighed at home (since we didn't have a meeting on Monday) and maintained. I'm 7 lbs. away from my 10%, so I'll have to get busy. It's been cooler, so I've been walking the pups with my hubby. The husky has perked up since it's been cooler, and would walk forever, if we'd let him. The dachshund and I aren't up to it.
Lily - could you describe your chart a little more. Sounds like what I need.
Slavika - I haven't been to Hawaii since I was a teenager. You brought back some wondrful memories.
Countrygal - Just have your chocolate when you go out. I'm that way with most desserts, if they're in the house, they're gonners. I can't eat just one piece. So, I wait until we're eating out somewhere (no leftovers that way). And, unless it's chocolate, I usually won't pay the rediculous prices they want for a piece of pie etc.
Glenda - that letter to "fat" could be a real hoot.
By the way, do your leaders emphasize weighing and measuring your food??? Mine tends to downplay it a lot. I'm beginning to think my "deck of cards" is larger than hers (for meat portions). Just wondering......
Old 09-06-2000, 11:19 AM   #13  

Hi Ladies, Sounds like everyone had a great weekend.

Would some one please send some rain down to south Texas, we are so dry and hot. I had to go into town today and it was 111 that is just to hot, then to top that off there was a fire out here this afternoon when I got home. over 200 acers burned, we were so glad that they got it under control as the fire was only 1 mile from the house, and if it had got to us I'm not sure they would have stop it as quick, the fire was in a field that had been cleared a few week ago, but we have over 200 trees on our land. So please send some rain, I don't want another evening like this one not knowing if we would have to leave and lose everything.

Glends Dear John to fat sound good, I'm not going to meeting but think I'll write one just the same.

Silvergal I've never heard of a Karoke bar, will have to ask my daughter next time I'm in Houston, maybe they have one it sounds like fun. All we have are cows.

Well, I'm going to close for now , have about 2 hours worth of sewing to do before I can go to bed , then at least another 6 in the morning, before I finsh this order.

Night all,
Schoolgirl
Old 09-07-2000, 04:21 AM   #14  

Hi Everyone, I still am having trouble getting the smilies to work. I printed off the page that I need, and I type in the symbol that I want, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Your help is really needed!! Thanks all, Countrygal
Old 09-07-2000, 04:46 AM   #15  

Countrygal - make sure the disable smilies box isn't marked at the bottom of your reply page.
Closed Thread