Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2001, 12:11 AM   #1  
Net browser

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 and 60 yr olds #134

Hi Everybody, it's been a while since I started a new thread. See you tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2001, 06:54 AM   #2  

Default more challenges

.Dh came home this afternoon and we were having a big discussion about the last 14 months since he started with Lucent Technologies. There have been many changes and it hasn't quite turned out the way we though it would. We have learnt many things and eventhough it has not quite panned out the way we thought we would just keep our eyes and ears open and take any opportunity as it presents itself.
We were back in our apartment but 10 minutes when dh received a call from his boss asking if he would go to India for a week!!!! I think he should go but he is concerned about leaving me on my own. I am sure I will be fine but he is a bit reluctant to go. My daughter lives in Melbourne and she said she will call in every day. On Monday dh will find out exactly when he is required to go and will then decide

Trudy would you believe that I bought hand weights today how is that for mental telepathy or whatever! I have got the book 'Strong Women Stay Young' and I have read it and agree it makes a lot of sense.

Karen thank you for the suggestion, I will try and put it into practice, no I WILL put it into practice

Lily no I wasn’t posting the same time today, I was out with my daughter today, I had a lovely time. We went for a drive to the hills and had lunch. Found the best little gift shop with just so many gorgeous gifts.

Slavika, I had to smile at your grandchildren, especially your grandson in year 3.

It is fathersday here this sunday, our dd is coming over early sunday morning to make dh breakfast and we will discuss further about dh going to India.

Have a great weekend all
Cheers
Maria
Old 08-31-2001, 04:18 PM   #3  

Hi all, Ann you have a busy weekend. We aren't doing too much. We might go to a chicken dinner at a church festival in Indiana. Cincinnati has a big end of the summer Riverfest Sunday evening. It is downtown on the Ohio and on the Kentuck side of the river. At 9p.m. there is a big, big fireworks show. It is coordinated with a local radio station. The fireworks go with the music. I think it is going to be broadcast on t.v. on HGTV. We have gone in the past and in fact we even worked it a couple of years when our friends had a corn dog wagon. That was interesting. They expect 500,000 people to attend. Too many for me and too many orange barrels to contend with this year. Slavika how cute your grands sound. They just grow up so fast. Has the Princess worn her new clothes that you made yet? Maria your life has just taken another turn. Have you been to India? Will he be gone when you have your surgery or when you come home? So did you find any bargains when you were out shopping today? I just realized that I didn't use any color. How boring! Have a good weekend and nice Father's Day Maria. By the way Slavika did you check airoutlet.com? That is Northwest's site and they always have good prices just don't know if they are in Canadian funds.
Old 08-31-2001, 10:09 PM   #4  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Oh my, I cant believe your DH is going to be sent away when you are going to have your surgery. Im sure you will be fine, its just nice to have them there. Im sure he is reluctant to go also and leave you at this time to. Sounds like you had a fun shopping day!

Peggy: That fireworks show sounds fun! Must be nice when it goes along with the music. We kind of do that on the 4th in our Neighborhood. Its fun, but Im sure not as good as a Radio station would put on. And we Diffenetly do not have the good Fireworks either in the neighborhood. So I can just image how fun the show would be!

Slavika: I checked out that recipe you posted. Think it will be a good one for this weekend! I have to leave out the raisins tho. I cant do rasins. Will put them in the others tho, but not mine. I never did develop a taste for those wrinkle things

Think I will play in the yard tomorrow. We are also gonna have some friends over for a barbeque tomorrow. Have a great night all!
Old 09-01-2001, 10:46 AM   #5  
Net browser

Default ...the start of a long weekend

Hi Everybody
We'll be heading out to the the lake in a short while for the long weekend. The weather promises to be nice.
Yesterday I had a little "birthday party" for the Princess and DH. DH loved his "four leaf clover" and is now wearing it. The Princess is very excited that she has a "Game Boy" just like her big brother. I always enclose a little "toy thingme" when I give the children clothes because I know that is not too exciting for them....but...she IS a little girl so clothes are just fine. The outfit I made her Peggy was included with the other gifts so she has not yet had a chance to wear it. The party was simple. I orded in pizza, salad and cheese sticks, and we had birthday cake for dessert. I was careful as to how much pizza I ate....which was easy since pizza is not my favorite.
Peggy, thanks for the airoutlet site, I went there just briefly, but will check into it more fully.
Maria if I do not get the chance to "talk" to you before Sept. 4th, I will certainly be thinking about you. Soon this will be behind you and your feet will be as good as new.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend. See you on Monday night.
Old 09-03-2001, 01:39 AM   #6  

Default not much longer now.........

all packed and ready to go!
I called into the hospital today with the admission forms. Hospital is very nice and seems comfortable enough as far as hospitals go. As the time draws closer my biggest worry is 'will this fix my feet'.
DH will be here this week but will possibly go to India next week. I am not going to be too worried, as there is little I can do about it. At least I can stay here by myself rather than having to go back to my home whilst dh is in India. It would be very difficult to travel so soon after the operation.

We had a lovely weekend. It is now officially spring (sept 1) and the weather was great on Sunday.

I am not sure when I will get a chance to post again so 'see' you all soon.

Cheers
Maria
Old 09-03-2001, 11:20 AM   #7  

Good Luck Maria-I will be thinking of you and hope that all goes well.
Old 09-03-2001, 01:13 PM   #8  
Life Time 2001

Maria:
Good luck with the operation. Glad Dh will be home this week to help you. Hopefully will will hear from you soon! Take care of yourself!

Hope eveyone has a great Labor day today! Enjoy and relax!
Thats what Im gonna do is relax for a change!
Old 09-03-2001, 03:36 PM   #9  
Super Surfer

Default ..will be thinking about you Maria...

Good luck on the operation Maria... I sure hope everything turns out well for you. It is scary before going into surgery, but everything will be behind you before long, so concentrate on that.

We have had quite a nice long weekend. The weather has been fabulous! Slavika must be having a great time at the lake. Today, I canned 15 qts of tomatoes. They look so nice and red in the jars. I will do more as the others ripen a bit. Talk to you all later.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:25 PM   #10  
Net browser

Maria Hi there, I'm just back from the lake and wanted to wish you well with your surgery. I thought in case you take a peek here before you leave for the hospital I wanted to add my good wishes for speedy recovery. "Talk" to you soon.
Hi all........the weather was pretty nice the whole of the weekend but really nice today. My friend at the lake made some "PLum Jelly" from her own plum trees and sent me home with a jar and a jar for you Trudy so be sure I give it to you at tea time tomorrow.
I think it was Peggy that said she had read a Nora Roberts book recently. Well I read "Carolina Moon" by her and it was really excellent. That is the first of her books I have ever read. I will have to read some of her others. I know she has written quite a few.
I have to unpack stuff and I want to throw in a load of lake laundry so I'll see you all tomorrow. Night.
Old 09-04-2001, 02:36 PM   #11  
Fun Blonde

Slavika Did you let your DH go to the lake with you this time? Sounds like the birthday party went well. How old is your princess now? 5, going on 13? She just sounds like a little doll.

Lily I have no idea what I am doing with this color thing. Can you tell?

[COLOR=chocolate][COLOR=teal]I just wanted to tell Maria that I know she will be fine, but I am sure she has already gone. I am also sure that her surgeon will really fix her feet. It will all be worth it.

I had a bad weekend WW-wise, but a wonderful weekend overall. Went to my sister's for the holiday. Her kids and my kids and families. There were 25 of us who went swimming and back to her house for a meal. So nice the cousins got to visit with each other and there were babies galore!
Glenda
Old 09-04-2001, 02:37 PM   #12  
Fun Blonde

Obviously, the color thing is no my "cup of tea." I thought I was doing it, but ALAS (borrowing from Lily), I was not.
Glenda
Old 09-04-2001, 11:04 PM   #13  
Super Surfer

Default ..another beautiful day...

We are still basking in beautiful sunshine and hot weather... this of course will be changing soon, so everyone is out and about around here.
GLenda, I had to print out Lily's instructions and follow them carefully but I did manage to make the color work. I don't think you are clicking on the "CLOSE CURRENT TAG" thingme when you want to change to another color. It sure does sound like you had a wonderful weekend with your extended family. Sometimes, we don't get to see too much of the cousins.
I did WI today, but didn't stay for the meeting as I had an appt., but I did join the gals for Tea Time at Slavika's. She made these "to die for" Pecan Squares, and a Cranberry Oat Muffin, that is worth sharing... (hint, hint). We all eat a breakfast, forego lunch and go to the WI, then at Tea Time we eat, and eat and eat... .... it's always a great day.

Hope everyone else had a good day too.... see you guys tomorrow... ....
Old 09-04-2001, 11:11 PM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

Talking Happy Day!

Glenda: If at first you don't succeed, hit the buttons again! That's what I did, thanks to Lilys' encouragementShe told me that I foorgot to close the tag.

My weigh-in was good for me Sat. Down 1.6# The test will be to keep it off and go down nest week tool!!

Maria: Sorry I missed giving you my good wishes before you went to the hospital Thought of you tonight as a friend and I went to an evening service with the singers from Hill Church, Sidney. Hillsong. How exciting. Love the music, but it was just a bit loud for my taste. Get well soon, so your dh can take you dancing.

Slavika: your weekend sounds great. Lovely party and all. So glad your dh likes his 4leaf clover.

Trudy: How are you doing with your new regimen? Making progress I hope? I know the Mylanta is not too tasty.

What's new? Just got a new game called Mah Jong, and I could easily be addicted to the darn thing. I like jigsaw puzzles, and it is sort of like that, also the game concentration. Just fun and makes you think.

Hi to everyone else.

We had a great week-end and a fun time. And two evenings of rain. I had a great session today with a massage therapist. It was wonderful. She took out kinks I didn't even know I had.
"See" you tomorrow.Ann
Old 09-04-2001, 11:46 PM   #15  
Net browser

Default ....thinking about Maria

Hi Everybody
Glenda I think you are right about that little Princess of ours. When she was born my DIL said she was sure she was an "old soul". She seems to have "people smarts" beyond her years. My Mother, was like that too. She really read people correctly. You could never fool her and I think this little one of ours is like her.
Ann Good for you, down 1.6#. I went to WW today and managed to be down .8 and was pleased to take that. There is a "Mah Jong" game on one of the web sites that I used to play quite a bit I wonder if your game is like that. I will see if I can find it again and let you know where it is.

Karen our meeting today at WW was about making "new good habits" to replace "old bad habits" isthat what your lecture is about this week?

It was nice seeing the gals for tea today. Trudy had an appt. earlier in the day so she looked "extra" pretty today.
Tomorrow I pick up the "crystal pendants" from the jewellers. I hope he did a good job in making the gold hoops for the pieces.
Well, I checked to see what the time is in Australia
and if I worked it out correctly it is after 1:00 PM, Wednesday September 5th, so Maria's surgery is all over.

Talk to you all tomorrow....have a nice day. Night all.

Last edited by slavika; 09-05-2001 at 09:29 AM.
Closed Thread