Old 11-10-2005, 01:35 PM   #1  
Shelleybelly

Default Seeking Weight Loss Buddy

Hello! My name is Michelle or Shelleybelly and I am 36 and live in Eastern Illinois. I work full time and am wife to Brian and mom to 2 boys and a girl - Taylor (13), Danny (3) and Lyndsay (2) . I have always had a weight problem . My lowest weight was 142 to which I was able to maintain for 3 years after my divorce. Once I met Brian, it was bye bye 142. We were together for a year and we married May 5, 2001 and I weighed 160. Two weeks later, I found out I was pregnant with Danny . When I delivered in January, 2002 I weighed 230. By walking and counting calories I was down to 194 in December. But Santa had a big surprise for me, yes I was pregnant again . So long hundreds. By the time I delivered Lyndsay, I was at my all time high 263 . In the last two years, with the help of weight watchers and counting calories I am down to 217. Well after looking at some pictures and seeing how big I am, I realize it is time to get below two hundred again. I am going to lose 75 pounds. My short term goal is to be below 200 by the end of January. It might take me awhile, but I plan to take it off this time and keep it off. I am looking for a buddy/motivator for this weight loss journey.
shelleybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:17 PM   #2  

Default hi

hi shellybelly my name is ashley and i to am looking for someone to buddy up with.
ashley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:27 PM   #3  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Hi Shelly! Hi Ashley! Welcome to the boards. I am a 37 year old mom to one son age 8 and have been married to hubby for 20 years. I am looking to lose 60 more lbs. I weigh around 198 now and want to weigh 140. I'll be your buddy. One can never have too many buddies!
GeorgiePorgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:28 PM   #4  
barb

Height: 5'7

I would love to do this with youall. I am so new to this. I never get on the computer. I am hopping this is what I need. I have 2 boys ages 8 &6. I am 42 and want to be so healthy for them. I have gain a lot of weight due to stress and ache muscles. I do not have a problem getting motivated to work out it is finding the time or dealing with my muscle spasms etc... I have a thyroid problem and I think it is balanced now. I am soooo motivated this week . I have agood attitude and would like to continue. I think a chat group may work. i would love to do this with you all. I need to lose about35 or more. so I have alot to go. I am currently doing sb . I did not do to well today, but considering what I use to eat I am doing ok. I know or hope tommorow will work out well. How do we keep in touch, do I look here everyday please let me know thanks djmommy
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:25 PM   #5  
Shelleybelly

Hi Ashley, eddie31997 and djmommy - Hope everyone is having a good day! I think the more buddies the better. It is so nice to come to a board knowing that you can give and receive support. I am new at this so I am not sure how we keep in contact. Do you guys have any ideas?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:25 PM   #6  
barb

hi shellybelly, I have the same quuestion. I have never done this either and am looking forward to the support.I did awful today. I ate everything I should not have at dinner. I t was not to bad if I were not following sb. I had pot, sausage,and carrots. Then after that i had a beer with my hubby. That was low carb though. Then that opened the door to cookies 3, and later some chips agh why is it so dang hard to stay focused. Tommorow we are going on a family trip to Amish country. I have been told about this wonderful cheese and ice cream place. Well guess where my kids can not wait to go.. Ice cream.. I hope my will power is good. Hopefully my husband will share and I will only have a few bites. Iwill try to stay focused. I have lost 5 pds so I should not be kicking myself. I feel bad because it could have been more if I did not wonder off the path oh well. tonight I will drink water and watch T.V. if the urge gets to bad to sneek I will go to bed. Best of luck this weekend I will try to log on tommorow
Old 11-11-2005, 09:46 PM   #7  
barb

I just did the weight traker and I wanted to see if it worked. I am not very good at all on computers. Hope to talk to you all soon
Old 11-11-2005, 11:45 PM   #8  
Shelleybelly

Hi djmommy! Don't be so hard on yourself . It is only one day and it doesn't sound like you did too bad. Just pick yourself up and go again. You can do this, we both can. I think when we diet that we feel pressured to be perfect all the time and stay totally focused on our diet and we don't allow for the slip-ups. When we do slip-up or for me falling off the wagon we come down hard on ourselves. We just need to accept that we slip-up and get right back on track.

I have had a rough few days and have not been counting calories. But I started writing down everything I ate today and will get back on track. My new motto is slow and easy. I am going to worry about 1 pound at a time instead of the 75 I want to lose.

Hang in there! Have a great time on Saturday. If you want some ice cream, take a few bites out of your kids or husbands, so you don't feel deprived! Remember you can do this and it will be worth it!

Talk to you later. Shelleybelly
Old 11-12-2005, 08:00 PM   #9  
barb

wow we went and I blew it. First of all those amish know how to bake .Dang them for being so good. Anyway ,I figured that I was going to enjoy myself because this was the first time we did this and I wanted to relax and enjoy. I did have a small scoop of icecream.....homemade almost like an ice, very light and yummy. I also had a piece of broasted chicken..yes I ate the skin with a great salad and fried mushrooms. That is it. Probably not as bad as it could have been. But we really had a great time. WE even purchased a full bedroom set.Cherry sliegh bed with all the dressers,and amroe (sp). Anyway if I do not loose any weight I will have something comfy to plop my body on at night. hehehe We can do this . you are right take it slowly it is a long journey.You seem to be doing well. How often do you weigh in. What diet are you following, counting calories. That may work better for me. I have never counted cal .Looking forward to sunday so I can start over. Maybe we should have a weekly or monthly weigh in. Set some short term goals. How did you get your tracker to work. I fill it out and that is it. It never stays on. What am I missing.Not very good at this,so I need a little help.Anyway good luck with everything
Old 11-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #10  
barb

Oops I see you have already set some goals. good for you .Keep it up.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:00 PM   #11  
Shelleybelly

Hi djmommy - Sounds like you had a great time with the amish. Congratulations on your new bedroom suite. Their furniture is beautiful. I think you did great even eating the skin you did great! I have had a few rocky days, but that always seems to happen around TOM. In a few days, I should be back to normal.

On the tickers, watch you create your ticker, scroll down and there is instructions on how to add them to your signature. Setting mini goals would be great. I currently count calories. I give myself 1800 calories a day and tomorrow I am going to start walking on the treadmill before work (and before the kids get up) for 20 minutes. That way I can start off on the right foot.

I am pretty worried about the holidays coming up. They always seem so stressful and I am an emotional/stress eater. It would be nice to set a goal for the end of the year to stay focused on the weight loss. How about 15 pounds by January 1, 2006?

Well need to go. Will post again on Monday. Take Care and Stay Focused!
Old 11-13-2005, 09:04 PM   #12  
Shelleybelly

oops forgot. A weekly weigh-in would be great. I would rather have any day but Monday! That way if you over did it, you still have a day or so before you weigh in! What do you think? See Ya!
Old 11-14-2005, 01:29 PM   #13  
barb

Hello, Weekends are always hard for me too. Dominic is good though he knqws how bad I want this and said to go ahead and cook for me. I think he sees the weight I have put on. Anyway, 15 sounds good. I need to get into a dress for a wedding by feb 25. So that is my motivator. I put these silly notes all over the house to remind me. How about Thurs or Fri for a weigh in? Check out the ww site on here. The core part. They have some good recipes on there. I just whipped up a soup that was yummy and easy. Black beans and salsa and broth. well worth the time to look at. I need to go back and read a little more. Hope your day is going well. I need to start on my water intake. This is the week for a good weight loss for us both. Good luck
Old 11-16-2005, 01:29 PM   #14  
Shelleybelly

Hi djmommy - How are you doing. I have to aplogize for not responding the last few days. My little boy started pre-school this week and he is having a little trouble adjusting. Today he seemed to be better. He is not used to going anywhere without his little sister tagging along. I think a Friday weigh-in would be great. Start the weekend off on the right foot. I also think a 15 pound goal is perfect. How is your 'diet' doing this week? I have had a pretty good week so far. No big splurges. Well I need to run. I will type more when I get home from work tonight. Have a good day!
Old 11-16-2005, 07:05 PM   #15  
barb

HI SHELLYBELLY.I was worried about you. I thought I lost you. I remember those days in preschool. My boys are so close. Glad to hear you are doing well.I however have my ups and down. I am curious to see how I do this week. I am more cautious of my eating which is great. My husband is so supportive. He has us all doing situps at night even the boys. I actually got to work out today. I plan on working out tomorrow too.I am going back to our home state this weekend. It is going to be hard but I will do my best. Good luck tomorrow.