Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 12:22 AM   #1  
it's always something

Default What veggie do you STILL hate?

What vegetable do you absolutely hate?

Is this something you've hated since you were a child, and have not given it another chance?

Have you tried cooking it multiple ways, in case it tasted better in another version?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:28 AM   #2  
it's always something

I'll go first

Cauliflower.

It looks like a mutated form of broccoli that we have no business eating It looks bad, smells bad, and tastes bad. No, I don't like it mashed with cream and butter. If I want a potato, I'll eat a potato.

I have tried it in various foods, though usually unintentionally. I have never actually cooked it myself.

I was going to start an official Cauliflower Haters Club, but someone else beat me to it. I take solace in knowing I am not alone.

Who's next?
Old 11-01-2005, 07:55 AM   #3  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Okra!! I can't stand the stuff! My mom says that as a baby I would eat fried okra, mashed up. She says that I went on a kick when I was about 1 yo when that's all I ate for months. I got some in some soup at a restaurant about 12 years ago. It was boiled and slimy and extreamly nasty to taste and chew. I have tried it fried since then (because of what dear mom said) but I have to say that it was still gross.

Oh and Suzanne I'll agree with you on the califlower too. I tried the mashed califlower thing too. Tastes just like potatoes my foot! As a matter of fact I think I'd rather eat my foot!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:26 AM   #4  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

Peas and asparagus top the list of ickiness for me. Can't stand either one.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:29 AM   #5  
Opulent

Let's see...the veggie I hate is the one that's been ruined by being smothered in cheese, butter or cream sauces, making it inedible for me!

Seriously, I love all veggies
Old 11-01-2005, 11:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Broccoli and cauliflower- Both are very bitter to me. I don't know if I'm getting old ones or what. I also don't like brussel sprouts. I can force it down just to be healthy but it's not nice.

Okra, I've learned to like. I stir fry them. If you don't move them around alot in the pan, they don't get slimy.

Cabbage-I've learned to eat, it's not an enjoyable expereince but I can force it down.

Sarah
Old 11-01-2005, 01:00 PM   #7  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Okay, I know tomatos aren't really veggies, but I classify them as such in my head

I've hated them since childhood. I've tried them in every conceivable way.. and I still don't like them. I will eat them now, however ... provided they are mixed in with something I like, chopped into very small pieces and so heavily seasoned that I can't really taste the tomato taste :P
Old 11-01-2005, 01:09 PM   #8  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Ah...all of them?

I DO like carrots, cucumbers, and celery, tho.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:11 PM   #9  
Working My Way Back Down

Cucumbers - shudder! Cannot stomach them. Green peppers give me horrid heartburn, cooked or raw, though I don't dislike them. I love peas and asparagus, btw! Otherwise I eat most veggies. Living my whole life in the northern half of the country, I've not had much okra, and not much eggplant either for some reason.

Though it's not a veggie, may I say I absolutely don't like watermelon either, or for that matter, most melons, though I do like cantalope.

Have a great day!
Old 11-01-2005, 01:58 PM   #10  

Okra and green beans, YUCK!! Sorry, no can do! I also don't like the taste and especially the texture of green peas. As a kid, I used to swallow them whole just to get them down because my mom made me eat them, blah!

Beverly
Old 11-01-2005, 05:51 PM   #11  

brussel sprouts yuck yuck yuck!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 06:39 PM   #12  

Don't really like green peppers--cooked or raw. Red, orange or yellow are just fine.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:47 PM   #13  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Brussel sprouts - they just taste so bitter! oh, and Squash of any kind - I don't like the texture the only way I can eat it is if it is in a pureed soup
Old 11-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #14  
hara hachi bu

Rutabaga! And it's so difficult to prepare.

I can't really stand beets, either.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:57 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

I love cauliflower raw but not cooked and certainly NOT mashed, ick!
Closed Thread