Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 02:15 PM   #61  

Thumbs up Plateauing!

Well, I suppose I've officially hit a plateau!! I went for my weigh in and I'm STILL at 209.....I've been at 209 since last Wednesday! UGH! It's frusterating, but I know I'll get past it eventually, and I was bound to plateau at some point. I did really great in the beginning, dropping 23.5 pounds in five weeks, so I suppose I need to look at this as a temporary thing to get past. But I still hate it!!!

Marcie,

I'm so sorry that you have to put the plan on hold, of course you are still welcome here....you are still one of us! Just don't give up. Look at this month as a holding period not a stopping period. Still use your plan as a guide when making food choices. You may be limited by your budget (to which I can totally relate!) but don't wipe everything out all together! Stay strong!!! You may surprise yourself by going back and having lost several pounds....wouldn't that be awesome!!!! We are still here for you!!!!

Erik and I went to the gym again today....I found out that I have the weakest arms in the whole universe!! I used the lifecycle machines. My legs were fine, but I was soooo hard to do the 12 reps on the machines that work your arms. I made it through....barely!!!!! Erik signed up to work with one of the trainers tommorow afternoon, while I am taking my 2nd kickboxing class. We are going to try to go at least three times a week, probably with him going in the mornings after work and me meeting him there once the daycare opens, and I'm going to try to do 2 kickboxing classes a week. Thank God that the gym offers babysitting services!! I had to fight with my two year old this morning to get her to leave! She loved having kids her own age to play with!!!!!

Have a great OP day today!!!!

Starting Weight 232.5
Current Weight 209 (STILL!)
Goal HOTTIE
Old 08-29-2001, 10:41 PM   #62  

Lorrie, thank you for the info on the food scales.. I picked one up while in P'cola today.

Marcie, I hope that you hear something positive from that job real soon, or that another opportunity comes along! But, as Sue says, "You are one of us!" I'd like to add that "You had better NOT forget it. We are on this journey together, girlfriend!"

I can't tell all of you enough how much this new found friendship means to me! Thank you! Marcie, what are friends for?
They stick through thick & thin and through good & bad. I hope that things are much brighter, soon!

Sue, I think that the gym will help you see & feel a difference soon. I think that the kickboxing will probably let those unwanted stubborn pounds know that you are the boss!
Hopefully, you will see a welcomed loss on your next weigh-in!

I can realate to plateau... I was trying not to panic... Yesterday marked only 2 wks into the program for me. Great that I've lost 18 pounds, but, to be stuck on the same weight since the 22nd... I was really about ready to freak out... count my lucky stars... today, I was down... ONLY 1/2 pound... but, that made my day! I hope that I am once again showing my excess baggage who is boss.

I have a lot going on at work... told the center that I would not return until Tues... since they are going to be closed for the holiday Sat & Mon.... then, I will probably go next Thurs or Fri... only 2 trips this wk and 2 next wk... if, I do ok with the plan... I'm going to approach the subject of two visits per/wk... because of the distance, the expense, the mileage, & the time... I can always make the 3rd visit should a problem arise.

I wanted something a little different tonight...

Zucchini & Tomatoes

I steamed 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini in a little water in a skillet. Added a very sm amt of minced garlic. I cooked the zucchini until they were nearly tender, then I added 1/2 of a small tomato, which I had diced. I just let that get hot... then, I added 1 slice of reduced fat swiss cheese, which I had cut in thin cubes.. just allowing the cheese to melt (that was my dairy for the day)...

It was something different & I enjoyed it.

The LA cookbook has a similar dish... I will post it a little later.

Have a nice evening,
Nancy
Old 08-29-2001, 10:49 PM   #63  

Default Zucchini -Tomato Bake

from the LA Cookbook

Zucchini-Tomato Bake

2 veg

1 cup zucchini, cut into 1/4 - inch slices
1 sm tomato, sliced
1/4 t Morton Lite Salt
1 t Italian seasoning

~Place zucchini slices in baking dish (may need to spray w/Pam)

~Sprinkle w/ Lite Salt & Italian Seasoning.

~Place tomato slices on top of zucchini. Add 1 T water.

~Cover & bake in 350 oven for 15 - 20 min, or until tender.
Old 08-29-2001, 10:58 PM   #64  

Default Breaded Zucchini Sticks

from the LA Cookbook

1 veg, 1 starch

1 cup zucchini, cut into sticks
2 slices melba toast, finely crushed
Dash of Morton Lite Salt
Dash of pepper
Dash of Mrs Dah, original

~In a sm bowl, crush melba toast into fine crumbs & mix in Lite Salt, pepper, & Mrs Dash.

~Rinse zucchini sticks off in water & shake off excess water.

~Roll in crumbs & place on cookie sheet sprayed with Pam.

~Bake at 375 for 20 min or in microwave for 3 - 4 min on HIGH.

This one got me to thinking... if you liked my version of Zucchini & Tomatoes, (2 veg & 1 dairy)... but, you may perfer to bake it & if you haven't already used your starch... you could use the crushed melba toast as a topping & you could even use your allowed fat... diet margarine... sorta like using a Ritz cracker topping on various casseroles.
Old 08-30-2001, 08:42 AM   #65  

Ladies-

I can not say I have ever had a worse week at work. I have not forgot about you and I will talk to everyone again soon!

I am still on the plan, but have not been to the center since Monday. I will catch up with all the posts this weekend.

Take care all!
Old 08-30-2001, 09:08 AM   #66  

Jibbelle,

Just think, tomorrow, you can say TGIF!

Hope that next week will be smoother for you. I'm glad that you popped in. I thought that you may have been studying for school.

You can catch us up on the weekend.

I've got to scoot... off to work, too!

Take care,
Nancy
Old 08-30-2001, 12:20 PM   #67  

Jibbelle,

I'm sorry you are having a bad week at work! Hang in there, it's almost over!!!! I'm glad that you've been able to stay on plan though, I know it's hard when you are under a lot of stress, so GOOD FOR YOU!!!

I weighed myself at the gym this morning...It said 208 1-4!! It's a medical scale like they use at the center, so I hope that they are the same!! I'll find out tommorow!!! They have a sauna at the gym, so maybe I'll sit in there for 10-15 minutes before my weigh in. (sweat the pounds off!!! )

I have to take my kindergartner to school in a few minutes, but wanted to check in......I have my second kickboxing class tonight!!

Talk to you all soon!!1

Starting weight 232.5
current weight 209
Goal: HOTTIE
Old 08-30-2001, 12:58 PM   #68  

Default Thank you!

Thanks you guys for all of your support! Nancy, congrats on your 1/2 pound loss! Wow 18 pounds in 2 weeks is pretty impressive!
Sue, I hope the scale shows you your hard work has paid off! Jibbelle, I am sorry work is rough for you! Hang in there!!

Well, a girl that works with David pulled out her lunch today and I saw a bottle of Take Off and I go.. are you on LA WL? She's like yea..how did you know..and I explained to her that i was on it as well. Her sister has been on it for 4 weeks and lost 20 pounds. I was so excited for her! I have not met anyone I know here that is on the plan..I can't wait till she starts dropping the weight!!

have a great day ladies..I am hoping that phone will ring today!

Marcie
Old 08-31-2001, 09:25 AM   #69  

Thanks Marcie! I hope that your phone does ring with great news!

I just wanted to pop in before leaving for work & wish each of you a happy & safe Labor Day weekend! & stay OP & drink your water.

I r'cd this e-mail and thought that I would share... it may give you a laugh or two... if it strikes you funny...

out loud... it burns calories.

SIGNS YOU ARE LIVING IN 2001

1~ You have tried to enter your password on the microwave.
2~ You have a liist of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
3~ You call your son's beeper to let him know it's time to eat. H e-mails you back from his bedroom, "What's for dinner?"
4~ Your daughter sells Girl Scout Cookies via her web site.
5~ You chat several times a day with a stranger from South Africa, but you haven't spoken with your next door neighbor yet this year.
6~ You check the ingredients on a can of chicken noodle soup to see if it contains Echinacea.
7~ Your grandmother asks you to send her a JPEG file of your newborn so she can create a screen saver.
8~ You pull up in your own driveway & use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.
9~ Every commercial on television has a web-site address at the bottom of the screen.
10~ You buy a computer & 6 months later it is out of date & now sells for half the price you paid.
11~ Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 years of your life, is cause for panic & you turn around to go get it.
12~ Using real money, instead of credit or debit, to make a purchase would be a hassle & take planning.
13~ Cleaning up the dining room means getting the fast food bags out of the back seat of your car.
14~ Your reason for not staying in touch with family is that they do not have e-mail addresses.
15~ You consider second-day air delivery painfully slow.
16~ Your dining room table is now your flat filing cabinet.
17~ Your idea of being organized is multi-colored Post-it notes.
18~ You hear most of your jokes via e-mail instead of in person.
19~ You get an extra phone line so you can get phone calls.
20~ You disconnect from the internet & get an awful feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
21~ You get up in the morning & go online before getting your coffee.
22~ You wake up at 2 am to go to the bathroom & check your e-mail on your way back to bed.
23~ You are reading this.
24~ Even worse; you're going to forward it to someone else!!!!
25~ THIS IS FUNNY< BECAUSE IT IS TRUE.

Have a good weekend,
Nancy
Old 08-31-2001, 09:39 AM   #70  

Nanycy, thanks for the laugh. The 2001 funny you sent was great. I copied it so I could print it out. I needed that.

Well, here comes the weekend again. A long one too. I am gonna stay OP. Hope everyone else does good. I am not going to weigh in till Tuesday.

Have a great Labor Day!!!!

Marcie, please don't leave us just because you can't keep going to LA. We love having you encourage us and we can help you too.
Closed Thread