Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #1  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default ~Thin Wannabees #7 ~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Love everyone, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 11-04-2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:10 PM   #2  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Sharon - you are such a BRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You took advantage of me knowing I was online doing my monthly bills ... what a "SASSY BRAT"!!! LOL It's ok tho .... you still needed me to fix your little "boo boo" ... but I won't tell anyone what it was .. hahaha

So everyone! Did ya see my big announcement .. our group is now officially called Thin Wannabees instead of The Thin Group. A new beginning - a new fresh start.

Hope everyone is having a great day ... talk to you later!

Love, CJ
Old 11-08-2005, 12:49 PM   #3  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hey CJ,
Glad you posted too. Yes I am such a BRAT, but what fun I had while you were working away at your bills. Good thing too! It has been so long since I have been able to start a new thread, it felt really good too. HA HA But hip hip hooray for officially changing the name of our group to Thin Wannabee's. I love it and here is to a fresh start for a great group.

Thanks CJ, for changing everything and officially changing our name, but I noticed that the Healthy Recipe Thread needs to be changed too, I think it still has the old name. Since you started that one and are a moderator, if you could change it, that would be great.

Well I see only CJ and myself are so far in The Holiday Challenge and would love to see many many more post there and join in and post your goal for the Holiday season. So all you Thin Wannabees, if you have a few minutes go there so we won't be lonely. Anyone else can join in join in as well. Wether you are posting in our group or not. We would love to have more people join us. The more the merrier!

Take care guys, and hope to hear from everyone soon. CJ and myself are getting lonely again. We miss you and love you guys.

Sassy Sharon
Old 11-08-2005, 11:09 PM   #4  
CJ

Picky - Picky - Picky! So I didn't get around to changing the recipe thread yet ... hmmmmm .... well, I just did - so there! Just kidding! I actually think I started to the other day and got distracted and then forgot - so thanx for reminding me - MISS BRAT SHARON! LOL - LOL - LOL

Well ... tomorrow is Wednesday Sharon so I am going to weight myself (that's your WW day, right? I am going to start a journal thread too in the next few days here ... hope someone posts there with me but if not I need it for myself! I did better today but still not good, so tomorrow is another day, hopefully I will do better.

I "stuck" our Holiday thread at the top so it doesn't get "lost" ... Come one everyone - come post there with me and Sharon!

Hope everyone is doing well ... would love to hear from you all.

Later...
Love, CJ

Holiday Challenge:
Old 11-10-2005, 11:21 PM   #5  
Movin on down the scale

Thanks for inviting me to the group...I can use all the help I can get somedays..lol
Do I post an intro? Lead and I will follow..lol
Old 11-11-2005, 12:09 AM   #6  
CJ

Hey there Gonna Lose! Glad you found your way here and a Big WELCOME to the group! You just say whatever you want to .. tell us about yourself if you wish ... everyone here is very friendly .. sometimes we dissappear for a few days but we always find our way back in! LOL ..........If you want to you can fill in your bio up above (Thin Wannabees Bios) ... but just come in whenever you want and chat with us. Congrats on making your Halloween goal and good luck on the Thanksgiving and Christmas goals ...

Hope everyone is doing well ... I'm on my way to bed now .. Talk to ya all tomorrow!

Love, CJ

Holiday Challenge:
Old 11-11-2005, 02:45 AM   #7  

Hello! I am Alison I am 28 and just got invited here by CJ! Thanx for the invite honey! thin wannabe for the past (god knows how many years I stopped counting at 20!!!)

Hope to get to know you all better!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:05 PM   #8  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Hi everyone. I'm Annie. CJ also sent me an invite. I thought I would give it a try here. I'm 35 and currently unemployed. I am getting prepared to make a huge change this month, moving home to Iowa. I am currently living in Vermont. After the move I am going to be stressed(not that I'm not already), but I think a new start would be good for the family. I am currently married for 3 years.(2nd time) We have one DD 3 1/2. Plus I have 2 children with my ex. DS 11 and DD 9. They live in Iowa with their father. I am hoping I will get to spend time with them after the move. That's if their father doesn't have a fit that I am coming back. Long story, probably shouldn't get into that right now.

Hmm.. My heightest weight was 240 and I am currently down to 209. My official WI day is Sunday, but I usually weigh myself throughout the week. I'm a complusive weigher. I find that it helps me keep on track, but I don't let gains bother me til Sunday. The scale currently says that I am 205, but it's not the official WI yet, but I am hoping that number sticks. I am looking forward to getting under 200. The last time I weighed in under 200 was back in 1992. I was 181 and I thought I was huge. Boy, what I wouldn't give to be that again.

I am not really following any specific diet or plan. I am just watching calories and portions. I have cut out regular soda since the first of the year. I have actually switched to diet soda. Gosh, never thought that I would drink it. I do have a couple that I really like so I usually rotate between them to give myself a little variety. I find I usually only have one a week. That great for me considering I used to drink atleast one regular soda a day. I don't miss it at all. I don't have candy much anymore. If I really want some chocolate, I buy a big box of Junior Mints and have 2 in a day. They are only 170 for 16 so about 22 calories for 2. I can handle that.

I find it hard to drink enough water throughout the day, but I am getting better. I am up to 32 oz. I've gone up from 16. I am shooting for about 60 oz or so a day. I am sure I'll get there. Just takes time. I am currently trying to revamp my exercise routine. I honetly, hate to exercise, but I know that the only way that I am going to lose weight this time around is to exercise.

Well, I think that's about it. Not sure what else to say. I look forward to getting to know you all. Have a great day.

Last edited by AnnieFannie; 11-11-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:45 PM   #9  

Hello Annie!
Old 11-12-2005, 07:05 PM   #10  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi everyone. I am Tracey, I am 26 years old and I'm at my highest weight of 307 pounds. Never thought I'd see the day when I'd be in the 300's. I'm not doing any particular plan, just kind of a low carb, low fat combo thing. CJ, I love your sig line, "I'm allergic to carbs, I break out in fat." Carbs are my downfall. I really Dr. Phil's weight loss program. I have done it before and did well and I never felt hungry or deprived but then I got sick for about two months and stopped doing it and just started it up again. So I may not be following his plan verbatim, but it definitely will be similar.

My first mini-goal is to lose 20 pounds by the end of the year and to have a regular exercise program and consistant healthy eating.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:08 PM   #11  
CJ

Good evening everyone! and WELCOME all you newbies! Mazarin, GonnaLoose, AnnieFannie, and teahoney! So glad you all are here and hope you will come and post any time and as much as you want! Glad to have you aboard!

Sharon - Slyvia - Janice - Peggy - Jo - Synger - where are you guys?? Well, I think Jo is on her cruise - so hope you are having fun girl! .... Where's the rest of you ?????? We have Newbies to welcome in!

Not been doing real great the last couple days on my "diet" ... but, not extremely bad either ... hard to get back into 100% lo-carb when you've strayed off for a while ... tomorrow is a new day - I will do better! I will do better!!! I will do better!!! .............

Off to sweet dreams for me ... will check back in tomorrow!

Later...
Love, CJ

Holiday Challenge:
Old 11-13-2005, 01:37 PM   #12  
CJ

Good afternoon everyone .. thought I would post here real quick before I lose my power ... our winds are really bad - we have some downed trees and the power keeps going off and on so I'm sure it will be out pretty soon as we get a lot of power outages up here. Not up to much today just wrapping my xmas gifts.

Hope to hear from you all soon ...

Later......
Love, CJ

Holiday Challenge:
Old 11-13-2005, 02:53 PM   #13  
Movin on down the scale

wow Cj your way ahead of me..I have 2 bought but they are still tucked under the spare bed. I wont really start shopping until Dec 1. I had a good week, another pound gone and I had a HUGE party last night and most everyone there have not seen me since March when I was at my heaviest. They didnt say anything to me, but they all did a LOT of double takes..lol Still made me feel good...
Old 11-14-2005, 10:37 AM   #14  
CJ

Good morning! Another quick post cuz the power is flickering again! Our winds were as high as 70mph yesterday - we lost power at 1:00 and it didn't come back until 10:30 pm! So we had a lovely candlelight dinner in front of the fire of peanut butter & Jelly sandwiches! LOL .......... it was very cozy! I have a turkey breast cooking now in case we're out again tonite ... another wind storm is suppose to be coming thru soooooo hopefully it will wait until my breast is done.

Dee - congrats on the 1 lb loss! Me, I'm still the same .. no more, no less but I haven't been following my program very well .. but, each day I'm getting better so maybe by next week I will show a change - down only tho. As far as my xmas gifts, I am a alittle late this year .. usually am done by August! I have a lot of gifts that have to be mailed out to Kansas, Colorado, Calif, Arizona and Italy so has to be done early.

OK .. where are the rest of you alls??? Get in here and post! That is an order from CJ!

Off I go for now .. lots of things to get done - just in case we do lose our power again.

Talk to ya later.... Hope to see some posts from the rest of you when I get back!

Love, CJ

Holiday Challenge:
Old 11-14-2005, 11:14 AM   #15  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Morning all.

Wow. Sounds like things are pretty hectic there CJ. My family are in Iowa, but thank goodness they weren't near where the tornados hit over the weekend. They are in the southcentral part. And to think next year I will be enjoying that lovely weather. We don't have tornados here in Vermont or much for severe thunderstorms. Can't say that I miss it. My hubby is going to love living there. He loves a good thunderstorm. Atleast we won't have to deal with it til spring and summer roll around again. We are hoping to be back in Iowa by the end of the month. I broke down and asked my father for help. Things aren't going well for us financially so I thought it might be a good time to move and get a fresh start. DH's family can't help because they already have his step brother, wife and son living with them. So they are in no situation to offer help. Besides we have been wanting to get out of this apartment.

1) We are a bit fed up with the neighbors. They are rude, loud and just horrible to be around. One of the families smokes pot. They even had a pot plant outside over the summer. Imagine my surprise to see it.

2) It's only a 1 bedroom so our daughter doesn't have a bedroom. She sleeps in the front room in her crib. We can't get her a real bed so she has to sleep in her crib still. She's 3 1/2.

So hopefully, we'll have a new start and things will start going in the right direction for us. I really hated to ask for help from my dad but I know he loves me and is willing to help. But I am going to pay him back no matter what. I owe him big time.

Ok.. how about I talk about my WI in Sunday. I lost 4 lbs. I don't know how I did it. I really didn't do any exercising expect walk a couple of days. I think it is the stress I am feeling. I am feeling good about the weight since I am so close to seeing Onederland. I just need to lose 6 more pounds and I will be at 199. I can't wait. I haven't seen under 200 since 1992. I was shooting for a goal weight of 135 but I changed it to 140. I think that I am going to be happy with 150 to tell the truth. I don't know what I would even look like. The smallest I can ever remember being is 181 and I was a size 16. I am just taking it slow and hoping for the best. I am hoping being around family and my older children will give me the courage and strength to keep bettering myself. I want to feel good about myself. I definitely need to work on having better self esteem and I have to get over my fear of things. I am afraid to speak my mind. I wish I could get through it. Sometimes I think I should go through therapy to deal with my issues.

Alright, I should go now. I have blabbed way to much and probably told you all more then you wanted to know. It just helps me to get it out. Thanks so much for listening to me. It means so much to me.

Good luck to all.
Closed Thread