The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-23-2005, 08:19 AM   #1  
Puggy Balboa

Smile Questions for Jillian Michaels re: Winning by Losing

Hey, everyone. I see a lot of questions about the book, but they're getting buried in the thread where we're chatting with one another. I'm pretty sure even though Jillian is obviously helpful and giving, it has to be hard searching for them on limited time.

Maybe we could put them here for her. Just list the question without all the paragraphs and she could get to them when she visits the site?

I was trying to make it easier/more organized for her because there were a couple I wanted to see the answer to, but haven't.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:28 AM   #2  
Puggy Balboa

Jillian, these were some questions others posed that I didn't see answers to that were only about your book:

1.) Do you have any replacement exercises for the ones in the book using gym equipment for those of us not using a gym?

2.) Will your workout videos work with this plan?

3.) What happens after the 12 weeks are up?

That's what I've seen so far. Does anyone have any to add?
Old 10-23-2005, 09:24 AM   #3  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

waiting for my book.... and i see at amazon u have work out videos... cool i also checked your site and i see that u have a package of workout videos comming out for sale soon...

ok if u dont mind another question .. could you please address this situation>> see-sawing, I have read some articles where u explain plateaus,,, but what the heck is up with this up and down stuff?

just a bit of background:i started at 288 lbs i walk 5 miles a day, and do an hour of circuit/resistance training per day... some days i throw in some time on the gazelle..

i have not gone off my eating program.. i eat no white flour, no pasta, no potatoes..very low sugar( no processed sugars) (basically a low glycemic diet)

i would estimate my calories @ 1200-1300 per day, my body fat percentage is 27%

I am wondering if maybe i am not getting enough protein?

thank u for any help u may be able to give me on this..

Last edited by curlylocks; 02-16-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #4  

I'd like to hear Jillian's take on the following:

I have heard several trainers say if you want a long, lean look to lift light and lots of reps but if you want to have a more fitness competitor look ( I don't want to say bulky, just more cut I guess) to lift heavy and less reps. I guess the comparison would be from a fitness competitor to the look actresses have. Is this BS, totally depends on genetics, what exactly?
Old 10-23-2005, 12:50 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgrl34
I'd like to hear Jillian's take on the following:

I have heard several trainers say if you want a long, lean look to lift light and lots of reps but if you want to have a more fitness competitor look ( I don't want to say bulky, just more cut I guess) to lift heavy and less reps. I guess the comparison would be from a fitness competitor to the look actresses have. Is this BS, totally depends on genetics, what exactly?
here! Thank you for not mentioning "bulk", my personal pet peeve! I'm looking forward to the answer...
Old 10-24-2005, 02:04 PM   #6  
Puggy Balboa

Jillian answered my one question elsewhere and said to substitute gym back exercises by using bands at home.

The other question I had was answered in her last chapter. Duh to me.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:38 PM   #7  

Jillian how important is waist to hip ratio? Are there exceptions to this ratio number going down?
Old 10-25-2005, 02:30 PM   #8  
Puggy Balboa

Jillian said she'd be stopping here as soon as she could to answer questions. She didn't even realize the thread was up.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:03 AM   #9  

I am a bit behind... so sorry. Just read the latest posts and you guys are so sweet. I am going to get to all the questions tomorrow... promise. Also, for those of you who are thanking me, please know that having an opportunity to chat here with you guys is such a pleasure. I am not doing anyone any favors except maybe myself :-) I love talking to people and feeling like maybe I can help in some way. It gives me meaning - so... thank you for giving me your trust, time, and attention!

Answers tomorrow... honest!

I will answer all questions from now on on this thread so check back here. Just wanna make sure we are all on the same page.
Sleep tight ladies.

j
Old 10-26-2005, 09:28 AM   #10  

We understand you probably are a very busy person, so I think we're just grateful that you're able to answer our questions.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:40 PM   #11  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi Jillian. LOVED last nights show!!! My question for you.....Is there a way you could post sample menu's or meal plans? Somewhere in my buzz to get info on your book, I've seen them somewhere(?) but now I'm lost. I have just started on Day2 and I'm a balanced oxidizer. It would be sooo helpful. Thanks and I look forward to seeing you on the boards!!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:58 PM   #12  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up

Hey Jillian -- no question for you -- just sending you love. You rock, man! I think it's just wonderful that you're here helping us out, and that you are taking the time to answer questions individually. You're a real gift, and I know we all really, really appreciate it.

And your book's on the way...... Oh! And I wanted also to say that your biceps are probably the single most powerful inspiration I've yet encountered to get back on plan after spending some time in chemo-land.

Thanks for all that you give.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

For all of you that are asking...If I've done this right here is the sample menu she posted before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian Michaels
Petra - You are right on the money. If I had one regret on Winning it is not giving menu samples. Sometimes when you know something so well you assume that other people know too. I will NOT make the same mistake on the second book... here is an excerpt from my next book to give you ideas of what a sample day would look like for each type of oxidizer:
Slow Plan Woman:
Breakfast - (400 cals) 1 cup of Oatmeal with ½ an apple and 2 scrambled egg whites

Lunch – (400 cals) 1 cup black bean turkey chili with grilled veggie salad

Snack – (200 cals) 1 cup mixed berries and 1 sugar free nonfat yogurt

Dinner – (400 cals) 5 oz of grilled halibut in lemon and dill sauce with 1 cup sautéed spinach and ½ baked sweet potato

Slow Plan Man:
Breakfast - (500 cals) 1 cup of Oatmeal with an apple and 4 scrambled egg whites

Lunch – (500 cals) 1 ½ cup black bean turkey chili with grilled veggie salad

Snack – (300 cals) 2 cups mixed berries and 1 sugar free nonfat yogurt

Dinner – (500 cals) 6 oz of grilled halibut in lemon and dill sauce with 1 cup sautéed spinach and a baked sweet potato

Balanced Plan Woman:
Breakfast - (400 cals) 1 cup of Kashi go Lean Cereal with ½cup sugar free skim milk and two scrambled Eggs

Lunch – (400 cals) 4oz of Grilled Ahi over a bed of sautéed spinach and 1/3 cup of wild rice

Snack – (200 cals) 1 Apple and 10 raw cashews

Dinner – (400 cals) 4 oz of chili lime chicken breast, ½ cup of black beans with fresh salsa, and a large green salad for dinner with 1 tablespoon of low cal dressing.

Balanced Plan Man:
Breakfast - (500 cals) 1 cup of Kashi go Lean Cereal with ½cup sugar free skim milk and three scrambled Eggs

Lunch – (500 cals) 5oz of Grilled Ahi over a bed of sautéed spinach and 1/2 cup of wild rice

Snack – (300 cals) 1 Apple and 20 raw cashews

Dinner – (500 cals) 5oz of chili lime chicken breast, 3/4 cup of black beans with fresh salsa, and a large green salad for dinner with 1 tablespoon of low cal dressing.

Fast Plan Woman:
Breakfast - (400 cals) 3 egg omelet with spinach, tomato, and feta cheese

Lunch – (400 cals) ¼ pound cheeseburger with no bun

Snack – (200 cals) 20 dry roasted almonds

Dinner – (400 cals) 4oz of Dijon lamb loin with grilled asparagus

Fast Plan Man:
Breakfast - (500 cals) 4 egg omelet with spinach, tomato, and feta cheese

Lunch – (500 cals) 1/3 pound cheeseburger with no bun

Snack – (300 cals) 30 dry roasted almonds

Dinner – (500 cals) 6oz of Dijon lamb loin with grilled asparagus
Old 10-26-2005, 01:21 PM   #14  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

YES!!! Thats it!!! Thankyou so much skinnyjeans!! Thankyou so much. Where in the heck did you find it? I was scrounging for along time. I knew it was here somewhere!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 01:28 PM   #15  

I confess that I just recently started watching Biggest Loser because a friend told me too. Can someone please tell me Jillian's background? My friend mentioned she had lost alot of weight sometime in the past? I'd love to hear her testimonial!