kaplods

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

DATE -
11/08/05

USER NAME -
** kaplods **

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME -

It was one of my father's nickname for me as a child. He is a bit of a nickname addict (not just for people, like water is "ausie juice"). My "main" nicknames were jammer juicekins, jammers, fat jammers, kaplods, and fat kaplods. It sounds horrible that he so often used "fat" in the nickname, and even when I "hated" it, it was in that "Oh, Dad! not the baby nickname," not because he used the word "fat." I think his use of the word "fat" in such a loving, nonchalant, nonjudgemental way, is why my self-esteem was not shattered by childhood obesity.

REAL NAME -
Colleen

AGE -

BIRTHDATE -
03/20/66

WHERE YOU LIVE -
Wisconsin

SIGNIFICANT OTHER -

David, my husband of three years, and my best friend, and soul mate. He is 6'4", with graying long red-auburn hair, and a mustache and goatee. He looks sort of like a big viking biker.

ANNIVERSARY -

11/02/02. I met him 10/15/01, and it was a whirlwind romance. At 35, I was starting to think crazy cat lady was in my future, and had come to grips with that. Some friends thought I was "too picky," but I never felt I needed a boyfriend badly enough to accept mistreatment.

KIDS -

No, we joke (we kind of have a sick sense of humor sometimes) that with all the meds we both are on, that if my birth control ever failed, we'd have a mutant "squidchild," and would have to buy an aquarium instead of a bassinet.

When we first married, we thought we might adopt if we got our health issues under control, but there's no indication that that will happen any time soon.

PETS -

Not right now, but we are hoping to be able to buy a house in the next few years so we can have pets again (my husband wants a herd of miniature dachshunds and a few fainting goats. I would like to have a cat and a couple of long-haired fancy rats).

OCCUPATION -

It's been a year since I've been able to work. I have a master's degree in psychology, but my last job (since 1999) was a computer programmer.
I've had to apply for SSDI, due to fibromyalgia, arthritis, high blood pressure, chronic sinus, allergy, and respiratory problems, as well as sleep apnea, and a possible autoimmune disorder (symptoms, but no definitive diagnosis).

STARTING WEIGHT -

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING -

Keeping a food and health journal, Counting WW points (but not necessarily following the program too closely otherwise), making more healthy food choices (eating more WW Core foods, less junk food) Drinking LOTS of Water & trying to exercise more

FAV. EXERCISE(S) -

Water exercise and swimming. We have a health care center that has
a warm water arthritis/therapy pool, that anyone can use with a doctor's referral. It only costs $2.00 each session (or $3.50 when my husband and I go together). I love it so much, that I wish I were on the busroute (I don't drive any more) so I could go more often (my husband works nights, and while he will take me in the mornings for open swim, even if he doesn't want to go, I can't go to any of the afternoon classes)

FAV. NO-NO FOODS -

I haven't banned anything from my diet, but I try to limit foods with high binge potential (especially carb, fat, salt combos like chips and other snack foods). My favorite high calorie food has to be barbecued pork ribs, mmmmmm. Barbecued boneless chicken thighs keep me from missing ribs too much.

FAV.BOOK(S) -

Can't pick one, I'm addicted to books. I collect cookbooks, books on writing, and crafts.

FAV. MOVIE(S) -

Shrek and Shrek 2. When my husband and I married, we actually were looking for Shrek and Fiona figures to put on our wedding cake. We didn't find them (at least not Fiona in her chubby ogre form, only skinny princess).

FAV. SONG(S) -
'Witch of the Westmorelandsr' an irish folksong. I love and collect Irish/Scottish music (mostly folk, especially drinking songs, but also rock bands like U2 and Black 47)

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU -

Except for my first four years, and about a year in highschool, I have been morbidly obese all of my life.