Old 11-07-2005, 03:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default Feeling lost and super struggling

I feel like all the balls in my life have come crashing down and I'm feeling super lost. There's about to be some major shakeups at my work and I don't know exactly what all of it will mean but I don't have a good feeling about it. I've sat on it all weekend and I haven't even told Jeff or my parents about it. It was confirmed today and there will be some changes just not sure if it will be a new owner or layoffs.

Now I have all the pieces of my life down at my feet and I don't even know which ball to try and get back in the air. I don't know if I should just try and find another job or what.

I know for the past almost 2 months I have been going strong and once again find myself lost. Isn't it amazing how when things are going well, everything in your life is going well but when it's not it seems like everything goes wrong at once?

If I'm not around in the next few days you'll know that something is up. I will be sure and post an update as soon as I can. I'm going to try and journal and gather my thoughts and figure out where to go from here.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:25 PM   #2  
Opulent

I *knew* something was up, because you are usually so cheery and active but I haven't seen you up and around much lately. {{{HUGS}}} to you and I'll keep you in my thoughts. All I can say (and it may sound trite right now) is that everything happens for a reason and you will get through whatever transpires with lessons learned.

It may be a good idea to share this with your DH... HUGS again, Dawnyal
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #3  
Downsizing Dee!

Dawnyal - I hope the changes at your work are for the better and nothing that will create any disruption for you and your family. I know what you mean when you say when it rains, it pours - it's Murphy's Law. I think we have these experiences to learn from and make us stronger.

You've been struggling with your weight loss but you still haven't given up and that's something to be proud of. I think about you almost every time I exercise because of your determination to stick with exercising for a whole hour. It's an area I struggle with and I turn to others' determination - like yours - for my motivation and strength. You're certainly an inspiration to me in that way.

Take all of these new changes as opportunities to grow and learn and become better for them. We're all here to support you in whatever comes your way that you need help with. Keep us posted.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:46 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Oh Dawnyal, I am sorry to hear things aren't good at the moment - if anyone deserves a break it's you!

I think you should definately share your worries with Jeff - a problem shared is a problem halved and all that!

Who knows what will happen with work - at the moment your brain is going into overdrive and it's all bad, but maybe the changes will be really positive. I just hope they don't keep you all ahnging on too long and are open about the situation ASAP.

I'll be thinking of you,

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:13 PM   #5  
One pound at a time...

Dawnyal,

I am so sorry about what is happening at your workplace I myself went through something like that a few years back when the relatively small company I was working for was bought by a huge company. I can feel the stress from your posting. Please share your concerns with your family, trust me, they will sense that something is up, even if you say nothing, but their support will help you through I am sure. Step back, take some time to check out the lay of the land. Keep us posted on the outcome and decisions, you know we will support you!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:46 PM   #6  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Dawnyal,

Sorry to hear about the uncertain times. I hate waiting!!!!! and not knowing exactly what is going on. I am thinking aobut you and appreciating how supportive you have been in the past. Hope you have let your family in on your fears by now. It really helps not to take on burdens all by yourself. We are hear for you.

DCM
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:40 PM   #7  

Dawnyal you have been such an encouragement to me. Praying for you and hope things fall into place very quickly!
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:40 PM   #8  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Oh, Dawnyal, I'm so sorry. That sucks. I've been through that fear and its aftermath, and it's just awful.

I will say that it's clear that you're wonderful at your job, and you've done a great deal to make yourself marketable, so if it comes to that, you have a LOT going for you! But try not to get too far ahead of yourself, and I'm in agreement that you should let your hubby in on your fears. You've probably already done that by now though.

My heart goes out to you. I know that tomorrow morning you're going to pop on here and see SUCH a huge outpouring of support -- you are so loved, and so appreciated, and we're all here for you, you sweetheart. I'm just really, really sorry you have to go through this fearful time. Hopefully it will all be for nothing.

BIG hugs for you, girl.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:07 PM   #9  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Shoot, sorry to hear things are rocky at work. Howie's plant has had wave after wave of layoffs; we know how that waiting feels, and how even if you're not layed off it's hard to see your co-workers gone and all. Hoping all goes well. (((hugs)))
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:50 AM   #10  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

: to you, Dawnyal. I hope you don't have to wait too long for the uncertainty to end.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone for all the support and encouraging words. Although I'm still feeling a bit overwhelmed today I do have my eating back in check and will hopefully at least take a walk this evening.
Although on the job my stomach is still in knots, I did get a chance to talk to Jeff finally last night. His schedule was so hectic and by the time we would have a chane to sit down and talk, he was asleep. His solution was for me to find a job in the town where he works (over an hour from where I work and 45 minutes from the house now) and we could sell our house/land either back to his grandparents or his uncle and buy a house in that town. There's still a lot to think about.
I think what panicked me the most is this is a super busy week. Chris's birthday is tomorrow and I'm taking off work to build him a loft bed. (Got all the wood painted last night). Then there's the extensive cleaning that you only do a couple of times a year since ILs will be at the house and of course baking his cake and decorating it.
I'm learning (albeit it slowly) that when it feels like the walls are closing in on me to not think everything in my life is falling apart as well. I think I needed yesterday to just not worry about my diet/exercise and now I'm back to making it a priority no matter what else is going on.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:41 AM   #12  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Dawnyal, you're always so supportive and upbeat for everyone on this list. I'm sure you have so many good wishes coming your way, including from me. Take care and keep us posted.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:15 PM   #13  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

A little late, Dawnyal..but I'm sorry you've had such a shake up!!

I too am sure that things will work out as they should..but change is always so darn difficult.

I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better today, and that you've got your foopd back on track as well.

I'm still struggling..but will get through it.

xoxoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Oh dawnyal, I'm sorry things are so stressful for you. You're in my thoughts. Keep us posted, okay? We adore you here!!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Dawnyal, how stressful for you! I hope that whatever happens is something that you really want to happen. No matter what's going on in your life, please take the time to share with us, okay?
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote