Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Arrow Alternachicks Holiday Challenge

So Halloween is over and we are next faced with our next big challenges Thanksgiving and Christmas(Yule,Hanukah, Kwanzaa, or whichever you choose to celebrate )

We all know this means parties, food, dinner, food, drinks, food, shopping, food - you get my drift

Let's look at this as more like an opportunity to test our limits, put into practice what we have learned and have a healthy holiday!

The start date for our challenge is November 1 but you can join in anytime and we will end on New Years' Eve - a good night to celebrate our successes!

You can choose what you want your goals to be, either lb related, non-scale related or just managing to maintain your weight through the season. It's up to you.

Good luck everyone
Old 11-01-2005, 04:30 PM   #2  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Okay, my goal is to maintain thru the holidays. I don't need to gain anything til at least Jan. (only baby weight, no mommy weight) My rings are already too tight, I need to concentrate on eatting more fruits, veggies and cut out the salt.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:31 PM   #3  

Okay so my personal goals are:

1. Increase my exercise

2. Stay on plan by offer to make the veggie or fruit platter to bring to parties,
planning low-fat appetizers and snacks for the parties/dinners I am hosting and limiting alcohol and sweet treats.

3. Fit into my velvet skirt for DH's office Christmas party
Old 11-01-2005, 04:50 PM   #4  
Opulent

Great! Here are some of my goals:

Keep checking in with myself and eat only when hungry, stop when full and really listen to my body to avoid emotional eating.

Continue to attend TOPS meetings and/or locate alternative support group that meets regularly.

Continue to keep track of calories/nutrients and stay within my range consistently.

Continue to make exercise a daily priority and say "No!" to things that would like to interfere with my exercise time.

I think that is good for now. I will keep checking in with everyone and we can support each other as we get through the holidays with grace, style and joy
Old 11-02-2005, 10:18 AM   #5  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

My goals between now and New Years

1. Maintain my weight in the 140-143 range

2. Keep up my current level of exercise

3. Try and bring the same kind of order to my house that I've managed to bring to my body

4. Buy a slinky dress and go *out* on New Years Eve instead of celebrating in
my PJ's
Old 11-02-2005, 01:37 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

My goals are going to be involving getting my mind in order, in hopes that my body will follow. I think I've failed in the past because I was not into it whole-assedly as I said before and I never really gave much thought as to WHY I am the way I am...
So I'm making it my goal to finish reading the Jillian Michaels book that I got and do her writing exercises and journalling to try to gain some insight as to why I'm failing each time, or rather why I'm not even trying really. I need to start my food/exercise journal as well.
As a personal goal, I am going to start coming up with things that I like to do - things that will get me focused on something other than the fridge, TV, or Computer. I have really lost connection with who I am and now I need to try to figure it out all over again.
My holiday goal is to have a good holiday season this year. Last year sucked so much. I'm working with my sister-in-law to throw a good christmas, and plan on having a nice intimate thanksgiving with my aunt, uncle and cousin... so I will have some control over what food items we have and can lighten them up.
Good luck to all you chicks this season.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #7  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Holiday Goals - boy, there are the things that I would like to do and the things that are actually possible.

Obvioulsy my minimum goal is too not undo all I have accomplished over the holidays.

I am going to try to get below 220 which is 7 lbs to reach 219 and that is only 3.5 lbs a month.

I am going to try and get my office cleaned up - that will keep me busy and off my butt most of the time. With it getting dark so early now - I really want to go to bed at 6 pm. It gets really really dark where I live esp during the new moon.

So I guess it is no gaining - and more cleaning - and I would love to tackle my Hill Hike at least once a week but - I need my walkiing buddy to be available and hope to 2 + per week.

Good luck to all!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:50 PM   #8  
Cynical RedHead

My main holiday goal is to lose 10 pounds by the first night of Hanukkah (starts the same day as X-mas this year).

Now, how will I acheive that goal? I want to continue to incorporate weight-lifting into my exercise regime, hopefully 2 or 3 times/weekly. I am also planning to continue counting calories, trying to stay at 1500 or less each day. Finally, I am going to try to cut alcohol out of my diet entirely (at least until our office holiday party on Dec. 10th). With luck, this will all help me lose this blasted weight.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:09 PM   #9  

I'm going to take it pretty easy on myself this time as far as how much I want to lose. I'd like to lose 3 pounds a month for the next three months. DBF and I will be on vacation for a week or two after Christmas, so my goal needs to extend into January.
Here are my NSGs:
1) Continue to journal every bite, even when I'm travelling.
2) Complete the "couch to 5K" training regimine at coolrunning.com
3) Attend all my NIA classes, make up the ones I missed, and find ones to attend in Napa over vacation (I'm hooked.)
4) Not get so caught up in all the paper writing I have to do that I lose track of my goals.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:45 PM   #10  

hi everyone...i'm just dropping in for quick hello. i've been super busy with classes! i am going to join this challenge with the goal of dropping a dress size by new years. my diet has been really bad lately, honestly...i have not been trying as hard as i should. school stress! the good news though is that i've been back at my walking every morning. my dog is looking much healthier and happier over it too...though my bf is not too pleased with my getting up at 5am! good luck to everyone!
-Dawn
Old 11-06-2005, 10:14 PM   #11  
Wanttolossalot

I would like to lose another 15 pounds from November 1st til Jan 1st.
I would also like to get my house straightened around, and give it better harmony.
Viriginia
Old 11-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #12  

Well so far not so good....I totally blew it this weekend - hosted a baby shower and ate whatever I wanted and then went to a Food and Wine show and had about 5 drinks, nibbled on samples etc. then had leftover pizza for dinner. But I knew I was going to throw caution to the wind and was willing to kick up my heels this weekend.

I am back on track this morning and back to journalling. I want to look and feel fabulous for the Holiday season so I will be getting up early to exercise each day this week - hopefully I can get the exercise on par with my (normally) good eating habits.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:04 AM   #13  
Cynical RedHead

On Saturday I bought this amazing emerald green corset-y top to wear with a black patterned skirt for my firm's holiday party. So now I have extra incentive to at least not gain any weight over the next month!
Old 11-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #14  
Wanttolossalot

Phase one on Sunslim is now over and I lost 23 pounds in 8 weeks. On to Phase 2 where you still lose but also maintain for people who do not have as much weight to lose. Feeling much better about myself now, especially when someone notices the loss. As they say, nothing fits better than thin feels!
Virginia
Old 11-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #15  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

While my eating habits have really sucked this weekend and last week - I was surprised to find in an old journal entry from May (when I restarted my most recent attempt at weight loss) my original short term goal was 35 lbs by Christmas - the great part is that I am only 1 lb from that goal as of halloween - so I actually accomplished an original goal!!

Focus on control - you dont HAVE control until you TAKE control.

I MUST
I must take control of my eating lest it control me
I must take control of my exercise lest I find myself unable to move
I must take control of my home
I must take control of my time

I MUST
Closed Thread