General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 01:35 AM   #1  

Default what drives you crazy? pet peeves exposed

Okay we all have some, what are those things that absolutely drive you up the wall.
My biggest pet peeve.( I only have 136, yep I counted them..never leave me alone in a waiting room ) yep my number one pet peeve is when people
put me on the spot with a point blank question. as the they fish for compliments You know like don't you notice something different about me?( as much as I might like you I can't tell if you have lost a pound, ) what do you think of my new haircut? ( if it looks ratty what am I suppose to say, oh it's terrible get a scarf. ) if I like it I will automatically tell you. why is this my number one pet peeve because my number 2 pet peeve is lying, which lead to number my number 3 pet peeve hurting someone's feeling.
so if people don't fish for compliments, I want have to wrestle with my conscience about lying and nobody feelings will get hurt see what I mean about driving me crazy.

so what about you what drives you crazy

Last edited by flipafart; 11-06-2005 at 01:38 AM.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:21 AM   #2  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

1. people who try to purposely hurt other people
  2. stealing
  3. lying.. lying.. and more lying that leads to lying to cover up the lie in the first place
  4. people who are rude.. all the time
  5. that annoying noise a seatbelt makes when you run your finger nail up and down it *cringes*

Oh my, I could keep going, but those things get to me the quickest!
Old 11-06-2005, 04:56 AM   #3  

These aren't in order but...

1.Holding the door open for someone and they walk right through without a thank you.

2.Littering

3.Noisy eaters (chewing with mouth open)

4. Queue jumpers

I'm sure there's more but they'll do for now.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:36 AM   #4  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

here are mine. kinda weird, but true.

1. black pepper
2. crushed ice
3. rudeness
4. sitting inside at a restaurant or coffeeshop (it's the noise).
5. wet clothes and sheets
6. people that make a fake coughing noise around a smoker (fits under #3 but i thought it deserved it's own place.)
Old 11-06-2005, 06:09 AM   #5  
Hanging in Texas

Flip I think I have to agree with you on your first one. I hate being put on the spot like that, if I notice something different and I like it, I will comment on it, but if I don't like it, I will avoid bringing it up.

I think I also have to add, people talking to themselves. Now, my momma always told me you had to talk to someone intelligent every now and then, but we have a female at work, who constantly talks out loud to herself, and I never know when to answer her! I've pretty much gotten to where I don't listen to her (tune her out) and then she gets offended when I don't answer...You weren't listening to me were you? I have to admit, I'm guilty of talking to myself every now and then but its more mumbling under my breath and I don't expect anyone other than myself to answer

Other than that, I think touchy-feely strangers really, really bother me. I'm a touchy-feely person but only with people I really know and I warn them ahead of time so that way if they don't like it I won't be touchy-feely with them. I would never go up to a stranger and rub their arm while I'm talking to them or put my hand on them in any way, you just don't invade someones space like that.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:48 AM   #6  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Being from the Boston area, my #1 pet peeve is traffic-related .

Okay, picture this: there's a lane closure ahead on the highway, and there have been signs posted for 2 miles saying "merge right." So 95% of the cars actually DO merge right, which (of course) slows down traffic. But it's what you're supposed to do, right? My #1 PET PEEVE is the 5% of drivers who go flying down the lane that is about to close -- passing DOZENS of cars that are doing it the polite/patient way -- and then they slam on the breaks and swerve BACK into the line of traffic in front of everyone else who has been waiting patiently.

I can't TELL you how much this ticks me off....I get homicidal about it, I swear! My blood pressure is rising just WRITING about it! Grrr...
Old 11-06-2005, 08:13 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

People who say they will do something and then don't come through! I'm in a lot of volunteer organizations and try to treat my involvement as a real job. However, I sometimes think I'm the only one!

People who don't stoop and scoop.

Gossip.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
People who don't stoop and scoop.
Ahh..that reminds me!

Another pet peeve of mine is my neighbor down the street who every night at 7pm on the dot lets her 3 miniature poodles run wild in the neighborhood because (a) she's too lazy to walk them, and (b) she doesn't have a fence.

This ticks me off because:

1) they ALWAYS come and poop on my driveway...and I have ENOUGH poop to scoop already with 2 hounds of my own.

2) they sit in my front yard, which makes one of my dogs go BANANAS barking and I can't even THINK because of the racket.

3) we have a family of resident coyotes in the woods surrounding our neighborhood, and one of these days those mini poodles are gonna be coyote chow. I've TOLD her this, by the way...because these coyotes are very bold -- I've seen them wandering down our street at 4pm in the afternoon!

4) it's generally obnoxious and un-neighborly -- I mean, I don't let MY dogs run rampant!!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:56 AM   #9  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

What a great question? Hmmm..I could list so many.

1) Two-faced people: They'll act like you are their best friend and as soon as you turn your back they are talking smack about you. Man if they have a problem with me, I wish they would say it to my face.

2) Lying: Hate it when someone can't tell the truth or I get put on the spot and feel that I have to lie. Totally agree with Flip, I don't want to have to lie to someone, but I don't want to hurt their feelings. I guess what it comes down to is they shouldn't fish for compliments because it might not be what they want to hear.

3) Rude people: Whether it be they don't have good manners, to interupting you when your talking, talking with food in their mouths.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:25 PM   #10  

In no particular order:

1. People who talk during a movie. I don't care if it is in the theater or at home - hush so we can all enjoy it. If someone has already seen the movie I don't need them to tell me that I'm going to love what happens next.

2. People who are ALWAYS late. My sister will be late for her own funeral. The woman can't get anywhere on time and it makes me insane.

3. People who ignore their screaming children in public places. I have three children so I know as well as anyone that sometimes they cry and misbehave. That doesn't mean you shouldn't at least make some effort to calm them down.

4. Irresponsible parenting. We all make mistakes. Goodness knows I am not a perfect parent. But, some things can be avoided. I recently heard a mother telling her 6-7 year old son to shut up and threaten him over his bad behavior (the bad behavior being that he was crying and saying he wanted to go home). She even popped him on the bottom. Okay, telling a child to shut up is bad enough. But we were in Wal-Mart...at midnight...on a Tuesday. WTF? Of course, he's crying to go home! What exactly did this woman expect him to do? And she was there looking at clothes for herself. It wasn't as if she were on some emergency medicine run. Even worse are parents who don't put their kids in car seats or make them wear seatbelts. C'mon - it just isn't that much trouble.

3. People who complain constantly about their situation but refuse to do anything about it.

4. People who expect others to drop everything and help solve their problems. One of my favorite sayings is, "Poor planning on your part does not constitute and emergency on mine."

5. People who live well beyond their means for the sake of keeping up with their neighbors. I'm not talking about people who live responsibly and hit financial difficulties. I'm talking about people who barely make enough money to buy groceries but still drive a Lexus. And that probably wouldn't bug me if the people I know who do it didn't always complain about being broke (see # 3).

6. People who sit around complaining about everyone else's faults - hmmmm, guess I'd better shut up now, huh?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #11  
hara hachi bu

Hey Shush, what are queue jumpers? Is that something a person does in traffic?

My biggest pet peeve is people who are too self-absorbed to notice anyone else. This often takes the form of bad listening skills, or (as someone else had mentioned) holding the door for someone and them acting as if it was expected instead of a politely smiling or otherwise acknowledging it, bad traffic manners, or bad manners in general.

My second biggest pet peeve is people who mistreat their children and pets, or are irresponsible about it. Pick up your dog poop when you're in a park, keep an eye on your kid and correct snotty behavior, that kind of stuff.

Another pet peeve is a person who acts stupid or ignorant and is "proud" of it. I've heard people brag before about never reading an entire book! And this same person is allowed to vote - scary.

Last edited by phantastica; 11-06-2005 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:53 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica
Hey Shush, what are queue jumpers? Is that something a person does in traffic?
"Queue jumpers" are people who cut in line
Old 11-06-2005, 02:08 PM   #13  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Hmm - most of my peeves have been mentioned...got to get up earlier...

People who go the speed limit in the fast lane (the fast lane is for passing only people - pass and move the f over)....these are generally the same people who will pace the car in the lane next to them so no one can get around...they also have the annoying habit of going fast when there is finally a chance to pass them.

Prolly the same person talking on the phone while they are driving, drinking coffee and looking in the seat behind them for god knows what...clean your car out at home!

Ahhh I feel so much better! Serenity now!
Old 11-06-2005, 05:11 PM   #14  

My biggest pet peeve? Atrocious spelling and grammatical errors. I should have been an English teacher! For example, its lose weight, not loose...loose is what your pants get as you lose weight. I know I am weird..why do I have to notice that kind of thing????
Old 11-06-2005, 05:24 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monet
My biggest pet peeve? Atrocious spelling and grammatical errors. I should have been an English teacher! For example, its lose weight, not loose...loose is what your pants get as you lose weight. I know I am weird..why do I have to notice that kind of thing????
I'm completely with you on this one, Monet! Probably because I was a teacher (social studies, not English). The errors that really bug me are "there/their/they're" and "it's/its." I also HATE seeing signs or advertisements that misuse apostrophes...

Example: the sign I drive by 6 days a week that says "WE HAVE USED CAR'S!!" Why oh why do people pay big bucks for signs and then screw up the GRAMMAR??

I also hate it when big news organizations or newspapers mess up geography in their reports...I once called a local news station because the anchor had started his report with, "In Singapore, a city in China..." I was a geography major in college, so that stuff really drives me buggy. Americans are geographically ignorant enough as it is without the media making it worse.

Last edited by LovesBassets; 11-06-2005 at 05:26 PM.
Closed Thread