Old 11-02-2005, 09:17 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Tarot Card question

Good evening to all. I have a question that is not related to weight and I hope you all don't mind.

I've recently returned to the Pagan scene and the other day I dusted off my Tarot cards that I've had for years (I love them). However I couldn't find my book that goes with them and so went to the local shop that deals in such things and had to buy a generic book (one that's not geared toward my brand of cards). The book is based on the Rider deck and mine is Morgan Greer.

Anyway, last night I was doing a reading with my husband and the Justice card came up. The picture in the book clearly showed the scales evenly balanced, and the description even mentioned that. However, my card had the scales very unbalanced. This disturbed me, especially considering where the card fell in my spread.

I know all the different brands of decks have their differences in artwork, but this to me seemed a very large difference that affects the meaning of the card. Any thoughts?

Cindy
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:32 PM   #2  
redhead veggie

Whenever I did a reading, I just said screw it to the book and used intuition.
Meditating on each individual card to open up its meaning for you will help with how you read.

I haven't been able to read cards in quite some time, as [ok, you can think I'm a nut now] my cards had told me it was time to go. So I gave them away.
superchar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 04:51 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I'm a little too stuck on what "the book" says, I'm just sort of that way and need to start relying on my own observations a little more. My husband finally bought his own deck of cards the other day, and they're based on the Druid tradition. They are WAY different than mine. The Major Arcana are even numbered differently. So I guess I have a lot to learn about the cards in general.

Cindy
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:42 PM   #4  
The sweetest thing !

Smile

Hi there,

Just a quick reply, Artwork from one deck to another vary quite a bit you are right. Just as diverse the Artwork is so are interpetaions, its what you feel when you see this card? What impression does it give off? Even if your impression is not that positive, explore the topic more and you will find there are 2 sides to everything and something that you might think is negative can really be a blessing in disguise.

Take Care,
Wild Honey
Wild Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:13 AM   #5  

Hi

I'm a professional tarot reader and I read in 2 ways. Firstly i use the traditional meaning and then I allow myself to be drawn to different parts of the card and then interpret what I see. Its the combination of both that leads to the most accurate reading.

So I'd say, and this is just my opinion, that if you were drawn to the image of the scales being unbalanced then this is something you need to think about. I do think that the tarot only tells you what you can change so it isnt necessarily a bad thing, just something for you to be aware of. You didnt really say what your reading was about. I'd think about what the topic was and think why it might be unbalanced at the moment.

PM me if you want to chat about this more.

Claire x
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:22 PM   #6  
loser ina good way

I would agree as there can be several meanings to a card and you need to base it on both your intuitation and how it fits with the rest of the spread.
djadecatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:12 AM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I had a reading on the weekend

Funny the question I had a question in my mind when shuffling the cards but I my reading ended up addressing something that was in the back of my mind but has been an issue for some time
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:53 AM   #8  

It does do that sometimes! Its whatever is uppermost that seems to come out.

I did a reading for an identical twin once and in the end it turned out the reading was for her sister not her! She had to ring her up and tell her all about it!
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:58 PM   #9  

I'd read the deck not the book. My DH has Morgan Greer, it's not a deck I know well but I think you already know what that card's telling you - from the position etc. You can always pull another card and ask for clarification?
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote