Old 11-02-2005, 09:13 AM   #1  

Default I should have known this would happen!

I seriously should have known! I was a little worried my first week back on here that I was losing to quickly, 6 pounds in a week. Well here I am another week and a half later and all I've lost is the original 6 pounds! I'm stuck. Absolutely stuck! I've had a few slips I admit it but my average calorie intake for the past two weeks is 1700. This week it's only been 1500. And I'm working out as much as I physically can. At 8 weeks post knee surgery I'm already up to doing a complete 1 mile watp a day with an occasional 2nd mile. And I'm up to 100 stomach crunches on my exercise ball daily. Plus I'm doing stairs all day long but I seem to be stuck and it's really getting on my nerves. Can someone help me figure out how to break this? I'm gonna post a link to my fitday log so maybe you can help me see if there's something I"m unintentionally doing wrong.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
My fit day log
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:03 AM   #2  
Movin on down the scale

Dont worry. It is common to have a loss in the first week and then nothing for the next...you have to remember you have UPPED your water intake, so once your fat cells get used to NOT being dehydrated they can start releasing the "junk" out of them. The more dehydrated they are the more "rubbery" they become and it takes a while to get them back to a normal state where they can release fat easier for you...good luck, dont loose hope, you will make it.
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #3  

A few of my friends suggested that I up my calorie intake for the day in hopes that I'll break this platue but that was a major mistake! I made a homemade pizza, figured out all the nutritional info and exactly how much I was going to eat, then I ate a big salad with it. Well I should have known better because I ended up eating twice what I had planned on! I only meant to up my intake by a few hundred calories not more than 500! I really feel bad about it so I hope this really works to break this platue.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:49 PM   #4  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I lost my first week, 3 pounds I think it was, then nothing for over 2 weeks! It was frustrating but I hung in and then the next weigh in I lost 2 more and then 2 more again the last weigh in. I think a person's body needs time to adjust to the new way of eating and moving. Once it gets used to the fact that this is permanent I think that's when it shifts over to the more real results. Ya know 1 or 2 pounds a week.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #5  

I know it's so fustrating when you don't loose for a week! I'd say just keep with it and I bet you'll see results soon!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:18 PM   #6  
Opulent

I know how you feel--I lost 6 1/2 pounds this week and now the pressure is on! I know I'll be a bit sad if I don't lose at least a pound or two!

It's good tp remember that sometimes this does happen even when we are on program and so we have to just be patient with ourselves...have you been measuring your body? Measuring is a good way to be aware of what's happening and what changes you are going through when the scale doesn't register a change.
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:19 PM   #7  

I haven't really been measuring but I have noticed that I'm exercising more and easier. I got mad at myself for going on a mini bing today and did the 2mile watp workout and 100 crunches on my ball. When I started I couldn't finish one mile and now I'm up to doing 2 straight miles. Plus I've noticed that the jeans I bought 3 weeks ago are a little looser.