Old 11-01-2005, 10:24 PM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias -- #41

Good Evening, Flowers! I went to donate blood after school today and have felt lazy since getting home. There was no line for once and I got right in; the paperwork takes longer than the actual donating. We got grades yesterday and several of our special ed. students are failing health so I will be reading the health tests from now on. That's ok but it irritates the he** out of me when it is obvious they don't study and want me to give them answers. I don't do it, but it's hard to not show how I'm feeling about the whole process. I'll now have to read the test 3 different times to boot. I should know it by heart when I'm done! I dread the semester tests because they are and hour and a half long!

Maggie -- I like the Schwan's treats too! Our area driver delivers during the day but most of the neighbors are retired and home. I'm not sure what we are doing for Thanksgiving. In the last few years the kids have gone to the other side of their families and we have gone to Fort Dodge where my stepsister and her husband live. I'd almost just as soon stay home and enjoy a day to myself.

'Gma' -- I hope your allergies settle down. They are not fun, that is for sure! Thanks for sharing T's picture; he is really growing tall. Is his costume for a specific character or just a spooky looking one?

Gail -- Glad to hear you had fun handing out the Halloween treats. It was such a nice night here; I can remember many, many Halloween nights when it either rained or we had snow.

Gloria -- I had to laugh at you saying everyone knew your husband and you were the 'chopped liver!' I think men are more recognized because they are out and about while we are inside the home slaving away!

I'm tired so guess I will figure out what I'm wearing tomorrow and head for bed. Have a wonderful Wednesday and a 'losing' November!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:41 AM   #2  

Good morning gals! It is supposed to be low 70's today, nice and pleasant. The are talking about near 80's for a couple days again. What a roller coaster!

Jean: Health is not a hard subject but I guess when you don't listen at all it can be. I pity you having to go through everything. Thomas was just a spooky one and he would walk around with his arms out groaning like someone coming out of the grave! He is getting tall, but a good swift wind would blow him right away. Skinny as a rail. His dad is really thin as is his aunt and grandma. He certainly doesn't get it from my side! Kelly is tiny boned but she has a lot of trouble keeping her weight down sometimes. She only carries it in her hips and upper thighs though, the rest of her is pretty tiny.

Maggie: I have never had Schwanns stuff. Guess I ought to look into it and see if they have it here. I am sure they do as I think I have seen the trucks.

Gloria: I am the one everyone knows in the neighborhood, mainly because of swimming everyday and walking. Jack does not like socializing with neighbors at all and is the one that has to get nasty with people blocking our garage etc so he is probably thought of as a curmudgeon! In his defense, when we lived in Indiana my sister lived in a nice housing area but the neighbors were nightmares. They would just show up at her door and barge in, expect to be invited to dinner if they were eating (which my dumb sister would always do instead of kicking them OUT) etc. Now these were ADULTS not kids doing this, but the kids followed their parents bad example. As we spent a lot of time with them, Jack saw all this and decided he didn't want to ever get close to neighbors and he doesn't. Now that is not to say he doesn't speak or wave if they do, but he doesn't walk up to them and make conversation now stand outside and talk with anyone. He is a pretty private person all the way around. He HATES having any of our curtains, shades and whatnot open and has to concede to a couple being up somewhat for the cat to sit in the window. Now if he is in a group he feels comfortable with like family he is a totally different person.

Well I hear the washer is finished and I need to finish a couple chores and get the downstairs floors mopped as the darn mop won't do it by itself for some reason . They have that Rumba thing that vacuums for you by itself, why not a mopping system, huh?

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:15 AM   #3  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Good morning!

Well, I went to WW last night (and it wasn't pretty)--to a new center opened at the senior center in town. It was an older crowd...hmmm...a lot of them looked liked me! Anyway, the leader is a no-nonsense type of person but very nice and tactful about it. She says we have a job to do and since we walked through the doors tonight (last night) we've agreed to do that job so we should just get right to it. Anyway, that made me smile. I like her. I'll go back! We talked about those BLTs--how many times have I heard that particular lecture? Many times. I'm sure I needed to hear it again because the other times sure didn't get through to me! So, I've bought a new journal book and no more sloppy journaling for me. Today is Day #1. It's very nice outside today so I'm going to take a walk on my lunch hour. Oh. We also talked about caffeine too--how it dehydrates our body...but I have to have my ONE cup of coffee in the morning!

Maggie, nope...never tried Schwann's products but I've heard they are very good. I guess the main reason why I've never tried them is because of $$$. I spend so much money on food each week--I still buy like I have a growing family and I end up giving some of that away to the kids.

Faye, I knitted on that horrid Harry Potter scarf last night. I swear I feel like I'm backing up on it. Thought of you--I just wish I could SHOW you how to start that circular knitting instead of trying to explain to you how to do it. I've had a time of it this fall with my allergies. For four weeks I had severe sinusitis on top of my hayfever and it took FOUR prescriptions to finally get rid of it!!! At one point, my family doctor wrote a note for me to stay home a few days--I was so glad he did that.

Jean, you have a time of it at your school! Bless your heart. Yes, it is so nice for the little ones when the weather cooperates on Halloween. But you know something? Halloween is NOT a favorite holiday of mine! I could do without it easily.

Well. I must get to some of this work on my desk. I don't feel like working today but here I am...
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #4  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

It's now the afternoon...it is a gorgeous day out there! I walked for 30 minutes on my lunch hour. It felt so good to be outside!
Old 11-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Arrow Howdy On The Second Of November

GOOD NOON TIME MAGNOLIAS

Looks like rain is coming this way. We are going out and about for a nice drive in the mountains at one o'clock. Should be a nice time to be out. I got my new bread machine ordered and now await it's delivery. I have some lightened versions of good breads and Cowboy will be happy I once again have a bread machine. I am not a big bread eater ~ more a Rustic and Flatbread kind of gal. Like "stuff" in the bread that gives it substance and more fiber. I also like making nice loaves to decorate with pretty ribbon and a pot of some sort of spread as gifts. I found a lovely recipe for "Orange Blossom Honey Butter" which is only one point per 2 1/4 teaspoon serving. I have quite a few good recipes for sweet and savory spreads.

JEAN do just stay home and enjoy the day for yourselves for once if that is what you want. We have done that and have been so glad we did. Isn't it a shame that you have to read those tests to them. A firends daughter was shocked in one of her college classes where they had to write a paper ~ some of the kids couldn't even put a sentance together. They had gotten into college somehow without any tools of knowledge. That scares me.

FAYE sounds like your husband works hard and when he is home wants to enjoy his peace and quiet. Nothing wrong with that. You have a vacuum that vacuums...wow that is neat. Yep they should make a mop that mops.

GAIL CONGRATULATIONS for getting back to WW. I like your leader also! I am glad you found such a one. Yeppers, write what you bite and mind those BLT's and you will lose weight. I wish you a good walk down this road to thin. I too have to have my coffee ~ latte for sure. Let's drink our water too.

Last edited by Maggie; 11-02-2005 at 03:26 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:39 PM   #6  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Work has been hummin' right along and thought I would take a break before I left for the day.

Maggie, I like my WW Leader a lot. I have drank more water today than I have in a very long time--32 oz. I had gotten away from drinking water. I know you can't wait for that bread machine to arrive! Sounds like Cowboy can't wait either! And that Orange Blossom Honey Butter sounds scrumptious.

I have a full schedule of things to do tonight. I'll be doing the last bit of "company cleaning". I'm looking forward to having Friday off. Of course, I'm looking forward to seeing my parents as well!
Old 11-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #7  

Good Evening, Flowers! We've also had a beautiful day and it is still 75 degrees outside! This weather has been so nice! The sun disappeared around 4:15 so I don't know if we are in for some rain or what. I hate it getting dark at 5:00! It was "Day of the Dead" at school and the building reeked of onions, spices, etc., from their cooking. We can't burn candles any more so the custodians walk around spraying trying to get rid of the stink. It's always more work for the custodians . . . heaven forbid the teachers would make the kids clean up their mess. Of course, most of us weren't privileged enough to sample any of the food which is probably good. I need to adjust my attitude! I had bell choir tonight and have an algebra assignment to do so I can help kids tomorrow.

'Gma' -- After working with these kids, I can understand why there are so many pregnant girls in school. They have NO clue about birth control methods nor even what body parts are where. We used to kid the health teacher about slacking off but not any more . . . they just plain don't care and don't put any effort into the class. We've lived in different kinds of neighborhoods over the years . . . some we didn't even know what the people looked like and some were just like our family and we were really close to each other. We still hear from neighbors we had in Ohio 30+ years ago. Our current neighborhood is the kind where you might wave if you are outside or visit in the driveway. The neighbors on one side are probably the closest ones . . . we watch their house and remove snow while they winter in Texas and he will feed the cats if we are going to be gone. On the other side is the cat haters . . . enough said about them! We've lived here for almost 22 years and the lady across the street has yet to wave or speak although her husband will wave. They are strange!

Gail -- I'm glad you like your new WW leader! I'm convinced they make all the difference in how successful one wants to be at this weight loss game. You are off to a GREAT start! I wish I had time to walk during my noon (27 minutes) hour! That includes 8 minutes for coming and going so it's about all I can do to shovel in my lunch and catch my breath. I like my coffee in the morning too and I could do without the Halloween hullabaloo! Let's start a club!

Maggie -- I can almost smell your bread baking now? Hmmm, Hmmm, Good! We have kids that graduate without being able to read, write, or speak English (beyond survival English)! No wonder we are on "THE" list! I hope you enjoyed your ride . . . sounds like fun!

I need to go over my algebra to make sure I know what I am doing for tomorrow! Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 11-02-2005, 10:17 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Arrow Evening Of November 2

HOWDY MAGNOLIAS

We had a wonderful ride ~ left Mr. Barks A Lot at home. We are going to order one of those gadgets that gives out a high pitch noise to curb inside barking. They really work, used them before and they don't hurt the pooch. Anyway we can get one that can be portable so can take it in the car. He just loves to bark at horses and any other thing that moves. If he barks at people it is his "come play with me" bark. Yesterday he started barking at a fake deer in the back of a parked truck. That was the last straw for Cowboy. Ragg Mopp is just a puppy and coming up on 11 months old and may out grow this but in the mean time he doesn't need two adults that are ready to do him harm (which we never really would) if he doesn't quit with the noise. I tried the squirt with a water bottle and he thought it was fun and came closer to have me squirt him in the mouth which refreshed him so he could bark some more. He isn't a yapper ~ he has a serious bark for such a little thing. Anyway we left him at home. My bread machine will be shipped the 4th. Tomorrow is weigh day and I don't feel that I have lost any weight this week but have had a good OP week all except not drinking enough water. I have slacked off on that since the weather has turned a tad cooler.

JEAN I wonder what happened to "hold the child back" if he refused to learn how to write and read. Dumbing down of America is what we see happening before our very eyes. When my grandparents were in school when they and reached their 8th grade exams they knew what (or more) the kids do today that are graduating 4 years of college. That's a fact you can take to the bank. My generation didn't allow any to graduate that couldn't read and write. Look how quickly we have dumbed down. And that truly scares me. But those that are really dumbed down won't be the ones running this country now will they.

GAIL It sure does help the program when one likes the leader. My leader is already trying to get me to aim for being a leader. I told her not to get too ancious that I would want to take her job. She says that I should be a leader in front of the group and then they all clap. My fan club. Life is good. Have a good OP week.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:01 AM   #9  

Good Early {{{YAWN}}} morning to you! I had hot flashes in bed so got up for a little while and found part of the living room ceiling on the floor. We thought we had the tub spout problem fixed, but obviously not, so back to the drawing board so to speak. The plumbing in this place is antiquated at best. What a mess it was to clean up off the carpet!

Maggie: We have a "non" barker here in our house. He will bark at something that startles him that none of us hear, but the dog down the street can be raising cain and not a peep. You take him in the car, nothing. He doesn't bark at people, someone knocking on the door or anything. He loves the UPS and FedEx guy and they aren't afraid of him, but always give him an extra pet when he is jumping all over them. Obviously, we don't use him as a guard dog! lololol (none of the smileys etc are working this morning for some reason) I love to bake bread in my machine, but haven't done it in quite awhile. Have you ever made chocolate bread? I heard that is pretty good. I have had my current machine for several years and it is a 2 lber. Oh a ? for you about Schwann's. I looked at their website and found the food to look pretty appetizing, but something confused me. Each order is a one time thing, right? I mean it isn't like milk delivery, where he delivers the same thing every week or whatever (I know the Schwann guy comes every two weeks) I just wondered whether you go back into the website and re-ordered whatever it is you want for the next delivery or nothing at all and he doesn't come or what. I apologize for being such a dummy about it, but I looked on the site and couldn't find the answer anywhere.

Jean: Until we bought the condo, we lived in rental property our whole life and that is a come and go existance, you know? Jack is just not comfortable with strangers and to be frank, doesn't trust any of the ones we currently live around, which to be fair to him is probably the right way to be. He thinks the elderly lady down the street is batty (she is just lonely and overly friendly) and we have a resident honest to goodness nut living at the end of our street. The man is mentally ill and I have been told attacked some people, though he has come over to the pool when I have been there alone several times over the last few years and though very odd, was nice as could be. When he doesn't stay on his meds, you can find him sitting naked in his backyard, I once saw him walking down the street and he stopped and peed against a fence right on the busy street. I once saw him about a mile and half from the condos in the middle of the same busy street in the median just standing there! I guess his sister is supposed to keep an eye on him, but sometimes he just wanders all over the place.

Gail: I bet you can't wait to see your parents. Jack and I's parents have been gone many years, our dads died a month apart and have been gone now 31 years, Jack's mom died on Valentine's day in 89 and my mom has been gone 8 years now. I adored Jack's dad, tolerated his shrew of a mother and wasn't close with my parents. My parents divorced when I was in jr high school and my mother was one of those cold women that you couldn't get close to. I, for some reason when I was grown was her favorite and ended up with something I will always treasure and that is my great grandmother's and grandmother's bone china. Their sets are exactly alike so I have a huge set. My sisters, are livid about it, of course, but she gave it to me before she died and that was her choice. I didn't ask for it. It is a wonderful old set, just plain white, but I have cool little things like tiny tiny dishes for t-bags, paper thin little coffee cups, etc. I love it and would never give it to anyone. It is part of my will where it goes when I die. My dd has tried to convince me to give it to her, but uh uh no go! I have to be pushing up tulips before anyone gets it. Have you ever seen the program knitty gritty on the DIY channel? I have watched it off and on and they were doing blankets yesterday doing cabling and Irish patterns. It was pretty cool some of the patterns. I am hoping to go and get the yarn to start dd's stuff this weekend and maybe take it with me at Thanksgiving. I want to get it done so I can work on my throw for my living room I am making.

Well, gals, I have cooled back down so guess I will go get in the recliner and snooze a little. I don't want to go back upstairs and wake up Jack, though I hear him upstairs right now.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:06 AM   #10  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

I am at work NOW but not for long. I'm taking the rest of the day off--I need to go to the grocery store, prepare some food ahead of time, and.......wash my kitchen floor. Yes, I know it's "only my Mom and Dad" but I also look at all this "company cleaning" as HOLIDAY CLEANING as well.

Jean, by the time I pull into my driveway at night (5:30pm) it is DARK. I don't like that either. 27 minutes for a lunch "hour"--that stinks, but then again you work in a school and I remember (vaguely) what those lunch "hours" were like...and I was a kid back then! Do you wanna be President of the "No Halloween Club"? I'd much rather be Vice President--they don't do anything! <reaching for my coffee mug>

I can't remember if I told you this Maggie, but I live in horse country...yes, right here at the northwestern Delaware/Maryland stateline. Beautiful race horses! Ragg Mopp would have a time of barking! Ragg Mopp knew that was a FAKE deer--he was just trying to tell you! You just might be surprised at weigh-in day tomorrow and besides you have one more day. Good luck to you!! I just found out last night Wayne is going to be home Tuesday night--my weigh-in night. Its not like I'm trying to keep a secret about going to WW from him...but I wanted to surprise him with my results. Hmmm...I guess I am trying to keep it a secret from him! Anyway, here I am trying to come up with a plausible excuse why I'm going to be getting home late on Tuesday night. I guess I'm going to have to tell him. There goes my surprise. Anyway...I stepped on the scale this morning (and I've been 110% OP mind you) and I'm up 4 tenths of an ounce. Bad scale! Bad scale! I'm not upset; its just my body doin' it's thing. (I'm not discouraged!) I've had people tell me I should be a WW Leader also but I enjoy sitting with the group and talking. I'm not shy! (Although I was when I was a child but not as an adult.) You'd make a great Leader!

Faye, bless your heart--what a thing to wake up to. And the hot flash too! Chocolate bread? Would that taste like the chocolate muffins WW sells in the frozen food section? Oooooh yeah...I've watched Knitty Gritty! Isn't that hostess of the show the cutest thing?! I pick up some good pointers from her show from time to time. Your dishes sounds so...so...elegant. I don't have a nice set of china...yet. And I have no one to blame but myself--I can't make up my mind.

Okay...I need to clear up my desk a little...so I can leave early! I'll try to log on later this evening. Everyone have a nice OP day!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:53 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Arrow Thursday Weigh Day

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a lovely sunny day here and the clouds that looked so much like rain have gone away. So...Cowboy is starting the ground work to build my deck. I call it mine for I am planning to use it for my glass works. We talked a bit about spaghetti to day at WW and on the way home Cowboy said, "Do you want to hear what I would like for dinner?" I said, "I imagine it would be spaghetti!" He was astounded for he knew nothing about our WW discussion. So this afternoon I am going to make a big batch of sauce so I have some to freeze for later meals. I showed a loss for the 5th week in a row and am now considering myself on a roll.

FAYE you can order what you want each time on the website and then the driver is sure to have it on the truck. Sometimes I order a lot and sometimes just one or two items. I have it set up with him that if I don't put in an internet order than he isn't to stop by. You can set it up with your driver how you want it. If you don't want to order off the internet you can order when he arrives. He gives you a catalogue of the products so you can make your list from it. Sometimes in the past when I hadn't put in a internet order we would just stop a driver and get what we wanted that way. When we lived in Idaho the warehouse was outside of town and we would just go there and didn't have a driver. They will work with you on how you want it. I have never had a problem with any of their products.

GAIL let us know how you do let Wayne know you joined WW. I know he is a totally supportive husband and willl encourage you. Aren't those horses beautiful? We have a horse ~ named Cattle Kate. She lives on a ranch and is making beautiful babies out in Tennessee. We didn't bring her out here when we came. She isn't a race horse but is a decendent of 2 Eyed Jack who is famous in his own right. When we were out in TN, Cowboy went on seasonal cattle round ups with the man who owns the ranch where we left her. He has a herd of (or did back then) around 30 horses. His cattle are up high in the mountains in the summer and he brings them down to the valley to winter them. Anyway Cattle Kate did her job but didn't like going into the thick brush to hunt for lost cows. She absolutely didn't like that thick brush. Cowboy used a different horse for that type of work. We had other horses when we were back there but it was cost prohibitive to bring them out west. Kate is being well taken care of and earning her keep.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:04 PM   #12  

Good Evening, Flowers! I didn't get home from school until almost 5 . . . I had to stay after school to get help from the algebra teacher and then we spent the last half hour just visiting. The school days are so busy we barely have time to say hello to each other let alone visit. When I got home there was a message on the answering machine that my contacts were in (my 4th set since July so I hope they got it right this time) and I wanted to put the birthday bonds for Maddy and Ian in the bank box so we turned around and headed out again. We ended up getting a sandwich at the DQ and are back home again. I read the second part of the health test today and out of 6 kids today, only 1 had obviously studied. What a waste of my time. As of tomorrow I 'get to' spend a study hall with a BD student who is a total jerk. He supposedly needs help in algebra but when I checked with the teacher, he is getting a C+. He can't get along with the study hall teacher he had so is pitching a fit to get out of that room. He is a gang wanna-be, has a cocky attitude, and had been sent away last year. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Maggie -- I had to at your descriptions of Ragg Mopp and I have a mental picture of this ball of fur bouncing from one side of the car to the other. Congrats on another loss this week! You are on a roll! Dumbing down the course work is as stupid as requiring EVERYONE to take advanced, upper level math and scienc classes when they can't remember from one class period to the next where they are going! I'll be glad when the government gets out of education and lets the educators do what they know best how to do. I'm sure I'll be long gone if and when that happens! I'm not about to try my hand at chemistry, physics, and calculus at this late date.

'Gma' -- I'm sorry you're having plumbing problems again. It sounds like you do have some interesting neighbors! I noticed, as I was sitting at the breakfast table yesterday, the neighbor yahoo who lives behind us was peeing outside his basement door! Now I only saw him from the waist down because the leaves are still on the tree but this has been going on since he was in middle school and he's now probably 22 or 23. . .old enough to know better. I wish I could whistle and get his attention but our yard is too big and I can't do a wolf whistle.

Gail -- I'm sure your house will pass the spic 'n span inspection when your parents get there. It's nice to have food ready in advance; I just wish I liked to cook! If you really want to surprise him, you could tell Wayne you had to work late or had to stop on the way home for more yarn or needed to stop at the mall for a spur-of-the-moment gift. I've given up trying to second guess the scale! When I think I've done well, I gain, and when I'm afraid to step on, I've lost. I think it is all mental!

I need to fold a load of towels and unload the dishwasher. Have a fantastic Friday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 11-04-2005, 10:12 AM   #13  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Happy Friday morning. My parents w/nephew in tow have not showed up yet. Jean, I wish they would hurry up and get here because I'm tired of cleaning. It's not that my house is all that dirty but I keep finding nooks and crannies to clean. I'm tired! And I don't like to cook either! Hmmm...let me take that back, I have to be in the mood to cook! And I'm just going to stay on program and allow my body to do it's own thing--that's all I can do.

Maggie, I agree with Jean--I chuckle when I read about Ragg Mopp (love that name!). I just wanted it to be a surprise for Wayne--I wanted to lose a significant amount before I told him but I'm going to have to tell him because he'll be waiting for me to walk in the door at 5:30pm on Tuesday. And yes--he is supportive--thank goodness for that! BUT with all that said I just feel a little self conscious about saying (to anyone for that matter) that I've just re-joined WW! How many times have that been since I've known YOU? But I'll keep trying and I just know one of these re-joins will be the time that I get to goal and lifetime. I won't give up! I have a beautiful horse ranch down the road from me and they give riding lessons--I've thought of doing that. Perhaps one day. You're doing wonderfully--CONGRATULATIONS on another week's loss!
Old 11-04-2005, 01:23 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Arrow FRIDAY in the MORNING

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a bright and shinining day with the tem so far in the high 50's. A tad cooler than it has been but no "weather" in sight. I am going to make a pot of chicken with dumplings in a bit. Going to the market for some FF chicken broth. I'll make enough so I can send a serving with Cowboy to work. I have some of my killer spaghetti that I made last night ready for him for tomorrow. Getting that time of the year when a hot meal is welcomed out there by the lake.

JEAN you are so right that little fury ball of energy is back and forth on that back seat. We have a harness on him that connects to the seat belt which keeps him in the back seat so he isn't bouncing up front bothering the driver. He has a lot of freedom "back there" and keeps him safe. I was talking with the Sheriff yesterday about the "dumbing down of America" and he shuddered. He already can see the results of some of it. It is those folks who won't be the good work force which is the fabric of this country. They won't hold office or be a viable positive force in thier community. What is happening the classes are getting spread wider and wider apart in this nation of the have and have nots. We are having a large group of kids coming out of school that are on the dole and will be the "have nots." They will swell the nations jail cells and drain the welfare systems and form the long and longer lines at the soup kitchens and flop houses. Babies are having babies and who cares for them. . . certainly not the fathers. If I were raising kids in this age I would be home schooling them. The government cannot do a better job than I because the governmnet doesn't care about my kids like I do. And that's a fact.

GAIL I am sure you will enjoy your company now that you have all your little nooks and crannies cleaned out. I can imagine you are a fine cook when you do cook and that is a great plus. Don't worry much about this being another start. It is a fresh start and you can make it work for you. After all, you are doing this for YOU. This is my final go-round for I am going to keep at it this time till I reach goal. I too have had many starts and this start will have a fabulous finish.

We are off to the market . . . type at ya'all later. Have a good afternoon.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:35 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon/Evening Flowers! It's getting colder as the day goes on, cloudy, gloomy, and 'feels' like it could snow. Today was my day to work in the hospital gift shop; some of the new Christmas items were on display so I was the best customer of the day! We ran some errands late yesterday afternoon and I was so tired when we got home, I didn't even get on the computer which is unusal for me. Now I'm finishing up the laundry and need to vacuum the fur hunks before I call it quits for the day. We plan to go see the kids and grandkids tomorrow after going to SAM's Club, Toys R Us, Menards, and Sears. I'm hoping to get some Christmas things as well as pick up something for Ian to unwrap for his birthday.

Gloria -- I noticed that you posted on #40 but I will answer you on #41! I know you are looking forward to your trip! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time and it is always nice to see your family again. I think our new TV is a dud! We bought it because it has an "on timer" but it either doesn't work or I'm not smart enough to set it right. I set it for 6 AM and it comes on at 4 AM . . . two days in a row! So I tried setting it to come on early in the evening so I can check it, and it doesn't come on at all. We don't use the sleep timer part . . . I can fall asleep sitting in front of the TV but don't know if I could do that in bed.

Gail -- I hope you are enjoying your weekend with your family! How old is your nephew? I'll bet your granddaughters will be tickled to have someone new to play with.

Maggy -- We were discussing different insurance companies in a class one day and a student spoke up and said his family had Title 19 Insurance! He actually thought that was another company. It would be so nice if the government would stay out of education as well as religion! Some of us think we should go back to teaching respect, self discipline, and manners since many students do not get them at home. In all fairness, we do have some really nice students but the jerks sure outshine the nice ones.

"Gma" -- I hope all is well with you!

I am off to vacuum! Have a nice evening and a super Sunday!

Jean -- from Iowa!