Old 11-02-2005, 09:00 AM   #1  
Big Ol' loser

Default November NSV's

I got jeans the other day and I got the same size because they fit pretty good. But then yesterday I noticed how big they felt.
So I grabbed a size smaller at wal mart when I went to Walmart for groceries. Whats good about this besides the size, is that the whole reason I am where I am today is because I no longer fit clothes at wal mart. That was my last straw moment.

The other thing is that I had a shirt that I got for Christmas last year and it has pleats down the front and and the bottom has little slits. Well I could never wear the shirt because it looked like I ripped the shirt! My stomach spread the slits. It was horrendous! So today I put it on for giggles and it looks so cute! Fits perfect and I even got a 'Wow!' from dh when I walked into the kitchen.

I am officially one size smaller top and one size smaller on the bottom.
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:19 AM   #2  

Way to go!! Congrats on such a wonderful NSV!!!
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:37 AM   #3  
Doing it all over again..

S/C/G: 283/283/180

Height: 5'4

That's great, Liz! I got to that point with wal mart clothes, too- and I couldn't stand it. I am at their highest size (that my local store carries- 26/28) for shirts and I can't wear their pants unless they are elastic. arg!
mandy71480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WTG Liz that is super aweseome

I threw out all the yummy halloween candy and left the kids with their suckers and smarteez (which they love and I can't stand).

I also did my first of the couch to 5k thing yesterday.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:27 PM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Great NSV Liz!

Good for you!

xoxo
inda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #6  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Great NSV Liz!
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:45 PM   #7  
the muse of memory

Oh, here's an NSV, although maybe not the best for staying on plan: I'm getting carded alot more lately, including tonight at one of my favorite restaurants when I ordered a Dos Equis (to celebrate the Day of the Dead, of course). I really think I have been carded more since losing weight, although I don't think that I look like I'm under 21, by any stretch of the imagination. Or maybe the waiter was buttering me up for a bigger tip? No matter: still claiming it.
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:20 PM   #8  
Downsizing Dee!

Excellent victories! I think this is my favourite thread on the boards!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:13 PM   #9  

This is always my favorite thread too, Dee. I love it when someone posts a NSV that applies to me but that I haven't thought of yet. It is so nice being handed something new to appreciate when I'm not paying attention enough to notice (usually because I'm too busy focusing on the wrong thing - the scale!). Not to mention how awesome it is to read the excitement in people's posts when they've found another good reason to keep working no matter how hard it may be sometimes.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:04 PM   #10  
Big Ol' loser

Just wait until the day I can cross my legs again!
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Wonderful NSVs! I think getting carded more frequently is a great NSV. We all know you're drinking diet soda, right?

My goal for the week was to get in at least one 60 minute cardio session, and I DID IT! I got really close on Monday (57 min.), but up until this week, I've been managing 45-50 min. Just trying to step it up a notch.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:48 PM   #12  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Fantastic NSVs, as usual! I'm in awe of your fitness level, Sheila.

I just got the bus down to Calgary, and was made up to find I could use the seat-back tray without it resting at a peculiar angle on my tummy!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:38 PM   #13  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I had an NSV today. I have a pair of black capris that my mother bought me for my birthday at the end of July. They are a size 18 (which is the size I'm wearing) but the were snug before and hard for me to zip up. I haven't worn them in a while and today I pulled them out of the closet. I put them on WITHOUT unzipping them AFTER they had just been washed (come on, ya'll know things are tight after being washed and dried ). I was shocked. I am wearing them with a very open throat/collar shirt and my collarbones are making an appearance. I needed this today, I was feeling down and frustrated with my diet. Nothing like progress to cheer me up and motivate me to do more!
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 07:31 AM   #14  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I conquered my fear of wetsuits and went scuba diving!

Also, seats on planes seem to be getting bigger and bigger and bigger. I had a bulkhead seat today with the tray in the arm (which usually makes it narrower) and still had room to move around and put the tray out comfortably without it resting on my stomach. Fantastic.

And I wore an impossibly small bikini! (compared to my old ones, at least)
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 02:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Some great NSVs!!! I cannot WAIT for the day when I can sit on a plane and actually use the tray table in a FLAT position! I find it more embarrassing than having to ask for the seatbelt extender. I took a flight last spring and ended up in United's "economy plus" section and WAS able to use those tray tables ... I'll see where I am when I fly home for Christmas...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote