Old 11-01-2005, 11:19 AM   #1  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Default 8 weeks until christmas! A challenge anyone?

Hey all...so its November 1st who is up for a holiday challenge?

there are 8 weeks until Christmas, why don't we make it our goal to lose 1 pound per week (or more if you can) until christmas? We can designate our respective holiday (christmas/Hanukah etc) as the day we celebrate our personal successes...in any way you want . It could be no diet restritions for that day...buy yourself a gift and wrap it up so you can enjoy it on that day...what ever... we can share our new on here, what we are doing, how we celebrated etc... WHO DO YOU THINK???

I am up for it, who wants to join in???
Fitgal2
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #2  

OK, I'm in. (I'm new to the site - nice to meet you!)

This is exactly what I need. I'd love to aim for 2 pounds per week, but with the holidays... ...baby steps, right?

SW - 163
CW - 155
GW - 130
Christmas mini-goal - 147

This will get me back to where I was last June. I had made great progress since March, but then I moved. I was mega stressed out and went backwards a bunch. Ugh.

OK, my present to myself will be strappy red heels for my mini-goal, and kick-*** new jeans when I reach my goal weight. (I only have 2 pairs that fit at all right now. One has holes in the crotch, the other is way too low-rise.)

Cool, good luck! Talk to you soon,

Emily
lazeedayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:22 PM   #3  
Kim

Count me in! I'd love to lose 15 pounds by Christmas. I started WW core today and my goal is to exercise 5 days/week also. I feel like I'm really motivated to lose it this time.
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'8''

Smile

Sure what the heck I'll try it. But my present to myself is weight lose, and feeling better about myself. Good Luck!
fry_mom@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 02:11 PM   #5  
4 gr8 ones

I'm in. I've been losing since about August or Septmber and I've lost 27 lbs. with 38 to go. I hadn't planned on losing during the holidays, I LOVE to bake and have 4 kids and a hubby that love to eat it BUT I'll join this challenge and work on 1 pound a week. That could put me down to 175 with a total of a 35 pound loss. I think that sounds great. I'll be more than half way to my goal.
mamamoore4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 02:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

I'm in too! I'd like to lose a few pounds for our compan Christmas party and I'll be going to a friend Christmas party also.
Niecey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 06:48 PM   #7  
Want them Muscles!

Weeeeeeeeee I am soo excited!!
This will be so fun! Congrats to everyone on their current successes! Now we can add ONE MORE to that list this holiday season! YAY for us! Keep up the great work!!! I still have not decided on my "gift" yet...but will keep you posted!

Today--I didn't go to the gym--wasn't feeling so good--- but ate extremely well!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 12:13 AM   #8  
Kim

I ate really well today also and made it to the gym. I was pretty tired so I only did 30 minutes of cardio, but I figure it's better than nothing. I'll do my first official weigh on Friday and every Friday after that.
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 07:08 PM   #9  
Want them Muscles!

Hey all! I have been out of town for a while...in the fun process of buying a house!!! anyway, I have not made it to the gym since saturday (boooo) but have been eating quite well, aside from the slip up on friday...(had Dairy queen) but I made up for it over the weekend buy being extra good! that still does not justify it though...BUT can't bee tooooooo strick or it will come back to bite me in the a** lol keep at it ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are gonna blows people AWAY!!!
weeeeeee
Old 11-09-2005, 12:19 AM   #10  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey I'm in too! I've been on WW since July and had a 15 pound loss goal, I'm just over 10 pounds gone and am having a hard time with the last 5. And actually since I started at 3fc July of 04 I've lost almost 20 pounds which is crazy to think about. Anyway I think being in a group like this around the holidays will be great and will give me that extra kick in the butt that I need. Not sure what my present to myself will be, maybe just lookin good in my clothes! lol Well I'll be checking in with you ladies to see how everyone is doing. GO US!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:54 AM   #11  
On my way!

Count me in

I'd love to be down to 139 before Christmas.
Smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:41 PM   #12  

Well, I weighed this morning, and I'm down 3 pounds. And it's my TOM, so I'm overjoyed.

(My DBF, in his infinite sensitivity, said to me this morning "3 pounds? That's not very much." Grrrr. We had a talk. In his defense, he back-pedaled immediately. He's trying to lose weight too, but doesn't really use the scale, and so doesn't set much store in small victories. Men. )

fitgal, what plan are you on? I'm doing WW (loosely, no meetings) and I am just love that if I have to get Wendy's, then I don't have to feel guilty about it. Guilt will send me to Ben and Jerry's faster than just about anything. Good for you for getting back in stride right away though.
lazeedayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:18 PM   #13  
Want them Muscles!

Hey ladies!
Well I am not really on a "plan" pre se, I am just trying to cut out the junk and watch portion sizes. I do however love WW philosophy, I had a friend "on it" during university, she didn't lose any weight, but thats her own fault (she really didn't follow it at all...thus no weight loss obviously). I was able to borrow the WW stuff from her! My mom's friend loves it and she has lost like 8 pounds already...I would love to join WW but right now I don't have the money.

This week has been tough for me, I am eating well I just have no energy for the gym, so I took time off of the gym this week-guilt free- I will start fresh next week!

Last edited by fitgal2; 11-10-2005 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:45 AM   #14  
Scale Addict

Sure, I'm in. 8 pounds sounds like it would be a great mini goal for Christmas. I'm currently 228 so I need to get to 220.
modemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:28 PM   #15  
Want them Muscles!

Welcome modemama!!!! and Hello to everyone else!!!!!

lazeedayzee THREE POUNDS!!!! Weeeee thats awsome!!! good work girly!!!

OK
ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How was everyones week? How is the diet/fitness going for everyone? Some how I have managed to lose some weight this week without working out , I am down a pound woohoo Maybe all my body needed was some rest!

Well hope all of you have a great day, 45 days until christmas...WE CAN DO IT!!!

fitgal2

Last edited by fitgal2; 11-11-2005 at 02:44 PM.