The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-29-2005, 12:49 PM   #1  
Puggy Balboa

Talking Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

Jillian's Girls,

If you exercised, please post it! Along with what week, what workout, and for how long or any other tidbit you'd like to mention!

Also, when you finish a week, it might be nice to put up a week in review. How many sessions and whatnot. Something to keep us all on track.

Last edited by Looking4TheWayOut; 10-29-2005 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 10-29-2005, 12:51 PM   #2  
Puggy Balboa

67 minutes of Week 2 Circuit Training (33 minutes) and then treadmill incline/speed intervals (30 minutes), followed by stretches (4 minutes). Phew!
Old 10-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #3  
My Motivator = Jillian!

I just did Jillian's shape up front DVD and I think I might die ... that is so killer! I just started today with working out and I really hope it gets easier ... dang I really seriously might die ... lol

Emma, you worked out like a rockstar ... fabulous girl!
Old 10-29-2005, 01:41 PM   #4  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Workout 1 of Week 2 - It was easier than last week. I peeked at Week 3 this morning and I have to say the thought of mountain climbers seriouly scares me. I am not sure I can do those!
Old 10-29-2005, 05:06 PM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I just did the Week one Monday workout today - well...most of it...I was too chicken to try it in front of people and had to jimmyrig a few of the exercises with exercise bands. But it still nearly killed me...I knew I wasn't particularly coordinated but GAW...what a dork...which is why I stayed in my living room...hopefully I get less dorky with practice. I lasted about a half an hour. Thank goodness tomorrow's work out is different muscles. It feels pretty good, tho!
Old 10-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #6  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hey all.....

Today I did workout 4 of week 1 and holy moly!!! I did 55 minutes of the circuit training and just for fun...(?) I added in 30 minutes of treadmill (incline 5 at 3.8 speed). I really felt the ol' muscles today as I up'ed the weights and instead of a 15 repeat, I changed it to a 20 repeat. I guess I'm a little stronger than I thought!! All I kept thinking was......"you only get out of it what you put into it" and I want to be RIPPED!!!!
Old 10-29-2005, 06:54 PM   #7  

60 minutes on the elliptical, 5 minute intervals between 2-4 resistance.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:45 AM   #8  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

*sigh* no exercise today. i was hoping to take the girls (our dogs) on a long walk around the national park today, but it is raining. bizzare weather down here - it is officially the 2nd last day of spring and raining

i didn't do any offical exercise yesterday, but did do quite a bit of spring cleaning throughout the house - cleaning windows, walls, usual vacuuming, etc. actually worked up a sweat!

tomorrow i will do day one of week one circuit (again) with some cardio afterwards. as i got my book halfway through last week i was kind of out of whack but no excuses come tomorrow

Girls - you are all doing great! keep it up - you are my inspiration
Old 10-30-2005, 10:53 PM   #9  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

OK...I made it most of the way thru day 2....we'll see if I can lift my arms tomorrow...
Is anyone else having a hard time keeping their heart rate up? Maybe when I get more used to it? I do just fine with Cardio work...
It felt good when I was done though
Old 10-31-2005, 05:54 AM   #10  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Week 1, Day 1 - Circuit: chest, shoulder, tris, quads, abs (30 mins), fast walk (30 mins), stretching (5 mins)

Felt good, although i must admit i tried to talk myself out of it at first (as i normally do) but when i got going, i actually pushed a little harder. i did the push ups against the couch arm which was much better.

yay for me
Old 10-31-2005, 07:54 AM   #11  

Morning everyone,
Did workout 1 of Week 2. Then 10 minutes of stretching. I don't have time to add in cardio after the workout in the mornings.

Gina-I don't have a problem keeping my heart rate up. It does go down when I lay down but usually it is right in my target range. Do you wear a heart rate monitor? This is what I go by.

Rhonda
Old 10-31-2005, 08:27 AM   #12  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Ya'll are doing great. I can't do the jumping jacks either, I do try and manage 15 to 30 sec. interspersed with anything else I can to do it keep my heart going. I make sure to keep my arms moving as well as my legs. I do anything from running in place, stepping on the step, kind of a half jack, a fake skip rope. The last 2 circuits I am usually just shy of panting. I think increasing the weights also helps keep up your heart rate. I sometimes feel I don't get a good ab workout because I am so aerobic at that point that I can hardly control good form. I don't know if I should try to slow down or if I will get better at it with practice. Or maybe I should just do more controlled and slow abs later in the day or as an extra session once a week. Anyway I am on the 1st rest day of the second week and I NEED this rest day. I am sore all over but not overly so. I actually think my bum knee is getting stronger. I can feel my legs starting to get firmer. Also, my bf reading is down 3/10 of a percent this morning from last week.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Just finished my first FULL week. Will be doing my Week 2 1st workout this evening before the trick-or-treaters come around. Hopefully a good sweat will make the candy easier to resist.

The past week was tough. Whew some days I could barely finish. I am looking to repeating most of the excercises though because I felt like last week I had to adjust my weights a lot. One excercise to heavy the next too light...Hopefully this week will be smoother as far as that goes, but also tougher.

Ledom- I have really noticed that same thing with my Abs working hard to keep my form the more tired I get.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:22 AM   #14  
Puggy Balboa

Wow, look at all that great exercise! You gals are doing awesome!

It's my birthday so I'm off, but I just had to say it!
Old 10-31-2005, 01:13 PM   #15  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hey Jillian's girls.....

I'm with you Skinnyjeans, although last week was my official week 1, I am redoing it with better form and better weights. I felt I spent to much time checking my list, flipping to pages and writing down which wt increments to use.

Just got back from the gym and I did, day 1 week 1 (again) and it was much better. I also did a 5 minute warmup on the treadmill and finished with 30 minutes of incline5/speed 3.85. WOOHOO!!!