Old 10-28-2005, 04:51 PM   #1  

Default 10-day trip plan/goals

I am flying to SanDiego in the morning. I have been thinking about this trip for weeks now and what goals I could set for myself, here is what I came up with.

ØTake walking tours when possible – I found walking tours for the towns we are visiting. San Diego, Acapulco, Manzanillo, Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa
ØUse the stairs instead of the elevator – our cabin is on the 6th floor
ØSwim 4 days or more - weather permitting, maybe there is an indoor pool
ØNo soda, Drink water – water bottle packed, have herb tea with dinner, the tea us free
ØNo white food at the evening meal (rice, bread, potatoes, pasta) Dr. recommended anyway
ØTake advantage of all the fruits and vegetables – eat more!
ØPay attention to mindless eating – don’t do it!
ØPay attention to when I am full and stop eating. – Don’t need to clean my plate
ØJournal –evaluate how I did each day following plan and use the point challenge to measure my success. I usually journal my vacations, on the laptop, share with the family and friends (internet access will be very limited this trip).
ØBe more active! – I really love just sitting on the balcony with a good book and watch the world float by but I will try to be more active every day. There are a dozen people on this cruise that we know.
ØWalk laps – keep track of step/miles or time. Usually on a cruise ship there is one floor that you can walk around the entire ship. It is more interesting that walking laps on the track. I have never been on a Carnival ship before so I am not sure what’s there.
ØUse sun block every day.
ØHave fun!

Now that I took back over this, I see that it’s all about making healthy choices. By making my plan public, I will be more accountable. I also am taking a printed copy of my plan with me.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 05:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Have fun Joyce. It sounds like you are ready for this vacation. Just remember to not beat yourself up if you don't stick to it. It is after all a VACATION. You can get back to the grindstone when you get back.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 05:23 PM   #3  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs up

Joyce, I am jealous. Have a great time on your vacation. I think you have an absolutely wonderful plan lined up. The walking tours are a great idea, you'll be able to better view the sights anyway! It is always the small choices we make that move us closer towards our goals. Have fun and be safe. Let us know how it goes!
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 05:30 PM   #4  

Wow, great plan! Now that's being prepared! But like Dawnyal said, remember to have fun, I'd hate for you to come back from your time of relaxation wishing you had loosened up and enjoyed it more. Which, in no way means throwing your new lifestyle out the window and going hog wild! Balance Joyce, it's all about balance. Good luck and have a great, fun, safe trip!!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:06 AM   #5  
One pound at a time...

Awesome Joyce, talk about ensuring success! Have a great vacation!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:26 AM   #6  

Hey guys,
San Diego was great. My cousin picked us up at the airport and it was non stop from there. We walked 13.5 miles over the weekend seeing all many of the sites. I am pleased with my food choices this weekend. I forgot the to put the sunblock on. TOM arrived early Sunday, I didn't get much of a warning this time because the PMS stayed away, not munchies either. We'll board the Carnvial Spirit miday today.
Keep making those healthy choices. I'm workin on it.
Happy Halloween and Nevada Day
Old 10-31-2005, 12:06 PM   #7  

Sounds like a blast. Enjoy your cruise.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #8  
Downsizing Dee!

Wow Joyce, you'll never fail with a plan like that! Have a great time.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:35 PM   #9  

Hello all, I am back in San Diego sending this message to you from the Carnival Spirit. I feel like I followed my plan pretty well. I have 15 pages of journaling and hundreds of pictures. I will give a "report" in a few days. I have to travel all day today and have lots if chores to do in the morning
Old 11-08-2005, 02:53 PM   #10  

welcome back from the cruise. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:18 PM   #11  

ØTake walking tours when possible – I found walking tours for the towns we are visiting. San Diego, Acapulco, Manzanillo, Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa only walked in San Diego, hired taxis, vans in all the other places with our group.
ØUse the stairs instead of the elevator – our cabin is on the 6th floor walked the stairs everyday. Couldn’t do the floor 1-10 all at once though
ØSwim 4 days or more - weather permitting, maybe there is an indoor pool . Dome pool was open. Did swim 4 times.
ØNo soda, Drink water – water bottle packed, have herb tea with dinner, the tea us free Did not have on soda. I had tea, water, did have 2 snapples
ØNo white food at the evening meal (rice, bread, potatoes, pasta) Dr. recommended anyway. Did not do this 100%. I had a few bites at dinner here and there but never cleaned my plate. One day my IBS was bothering me and the food that makes it feel better is bread, rice, and potatoes.
ØTake advantage of all the fruits and vegetables – eat more! I did that.
ØPay attention to mindless eating – don’t do it! Caught myself doing this a couple of times and stopped.
ØPay attention to when I am full and stop eating. – Don’t need to clean my plate I did this pretty well. I over ate one day only
ØJournal –evaluate how I did each day following plan and use the point challenge to measure my success. I usually journal my vacations, on the laptop, share with the family and friends (internet access will be very limited this trip). I have 16 pages of journal. Did not use the point system to check myself. As soon as husband get finished adding his part I will post it on a blog for those who are interested.
ØBe more active! – I really love just sitting on the balcony with a good book and watch the world float by but I will try to be more active every day. There are a dozen people on this cruise that we know. I did this, even hubby noticed I was getting out and doing more.
ØWalk laps – keep track of step/miles or time. Usually on a cruise ship there is one floor that you can walk around the entire ship. It is more interesting that walking laps on the track. I have never been on a Carnival ship before so I am not sure what’s there. I walked everyday, I would guess on an average of 5 miles a day. The day my Ibs was bothering me I only walked 2.5 miles.
ØUse sun block every day. Failed to do this everyday.
ØHave fun! This I did for sure!

When I can figure out how to add a picture I will do that. Ken and I had a formal picture taken.

Last edited by jmacway; 11-09-2005 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:51 PM   #12  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Great job Joyce! I'm glad you had a good time.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #13  

I may have figured out how to send the formal picture of Ken and I
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 500pixel.jpg (42.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #14  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

That's a great pic, Joyce, you just look so lovely and happy!

I'm glad you had a good time on your trip, and you did so well with your plan!!

xoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #15  

Default cruise journal

If anyone is interested I have posted my cruise journal

http://myvacatonjournals.blogspot.com/