Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:39 AM   #1  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Snickers attack!

Hi All!

I was on my way to an innocent trip to CVS to get two more strands of multi-colored lights for our tree. I got the lights, took them to the cashier, and before I knew it a KING-SIZE Snickers bar was joining the tree lights on the checkout counter!

I ate the KING-SIZE Snickers bar (170 calories per serving, and the bar was SUPPOSED to be THREE SERVINGS) in the car on the way home! Now, why did I DO THAT? It really tasted good, but that ONE BAR was 510 calories!

The good news is that I made the Snickers bar my dinner for that night. Yes, a STUPID dinner, but maybe a lesson to myself as well?

Maybe I was feeding some frustration that I have like the one that is taking me FOREVER to lose these 11 pounds that will deliver me to ONEderland.

Maybe I like what I see in my recent pictures and also feel those jeans of mine fitting fine now even though I have not seen the scale budge one tiny notch.

Maybe in my mind I am "good enough" for now.

Anyone at this place, too?

Cheryl
Old 12-12-2006, 08:58 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Come on do you really think it's that deep? Like you are "good enough" where you're at now? I think you just had a TEMPORARY meltdown, like we all have from time to time and will CONTINUE to have from time to time. And we are talking a snickers bar, a snickers bar, definitely one of my favorites and one of the most evil foods on the planet, very hard to resist. I think it's just one of those things and you need to move on, just get back on your merry little way and don't sweat it. You have done an amazing job so far and a run-in with a snickers bar is not going to negate this. Today is another day and another opportunity. Snickers bar...........what snickers bar? It's already history.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:14 AM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

OK, rockinrobin!

I am off to do my step routine, and I am forgetting all about that "dinner" I had last night!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I needed your motivation to get off my arse and get going!!!

Cheryl
Old 12-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/251/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Cheryl... we all have these moments of insanity. Ironically, mine usually happen at CVS too. It sounds like you've already shaken it off..... so good luck at your step class!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #5  
Is too long. I sum up.

S/C/G: 240/229.5/140?

Height: 5'6"

I had the same moment on Saturday, only mine was a Ritter sport bar, dark chocolate with marzipan!

But the last few days have been good, so I won't beat myself up over it. I'll just repeat rockinrobin's mantra to myself: Ritter bar? What Ritter bar!

Julie
Old 12-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #6  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Cheryl - I'm glad you've moved on! One wrong move isn't going to undo all your hard work and the optimist in me says that at least you ate a snickers bar which is packed full of peanuts (protein!). Even though it's rough getting stuck trying to lose a few pounds, it's making you stronger and I know you can do it!
Melissa
Old 12-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

It is okay to fall off the wagon, just make sure you get back on and it isn't often!
Closed Thread