Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 08:47 PM   #16  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Umm I hate to be blunt, but ummm why the heck do you have oatmeal raisin cookies, chocolate cream pie and cheese cake in the kitchen? Why have temptation there? It's too difficult. Why make a difficult task (losing weight and sticking to it) more difficult then it needs to be? When I started this I had to rid my house of all junk and non-healthy foods and stocked it with only healthy things. This way if I went on a "binge" I was safe. I mean how much damage can 3 cucumbers do. Did I feel guilty, nope. My 3 kids and hubby don't need the garbage either. My husband is down 20 pounds without even trying. I told them that if they need to eat something fattening do it outside of the house. I hope you don't think I'm being mean. I promise you my intentions are only to help you. I want you to lose weight just like I want me to lose weight. Since I've started (finally) losing weight I've had this overwhelming urge to help people and see them succeed. Please don't take offense. BUT RID YOUR HOUSE OF ALL TOXIC FOODS!!

P.S. Please don't hate me.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

I bought the cookies from a bake sale at church because they are my ds favorite. The pie & cake are left from my oldest sons sleepover this weekend. I don't usually have all this crap in the house but it just so happens that I do right now. I will however bring the cake and pie to work tomorrow and that will get rid of that. I can withstand the cookies. I have been really craving something sweet all afternoon. It has been really bad all day and tonight is even worse.

PS I don't hate you I love you for telling me like it is I need this to get back on track and loss these UNwanted pounds. THANKS
Old 12-04-2006, 09:13 PM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

You're sure you don't hate me?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #19  

Yeah I'm sure sometimes we all need that kick in the butt
Old 12-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #20  
3 + years maintaining

Oh Thank G-d!!!

P.S. Please when it's my turn for a buttkicking promise me you'll kick me really, really hard, like with all you got. (I've got a big butt, so it will have to indeed me a BIG kick)
Old 12-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #21  

lol...I promise when it is your turn I'll kick hard.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:54 PM   #22  
3 + years maintaining

All right then. Good night. (And good luck)
Old 12-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #23  

Thanks and btw I have been so busy here that my craving has passed....hip hip hoooorraaaayyyy!!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #24  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Awwwww!
That was too cute!

Linda
Old 12-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #25  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I mean how much damage can 3 cucumbers do.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:46 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I know it was mentioned earlier but I do find that doing some kind of crocheting or knitting or needlework works really well. It is impossible to eat & do something with your hands & it is relaxing. I crochet a lot - I taught myself with a kit from wal-mart & it doesn't take a lot of brainpower.

I like the brushing, flossing, mouth was idea - I think I'm going to start that!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:01 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeguard View Post
I know it was mentioned earlier but I do find that doing some kind of crocheting or knitting or needlework works really well. It is impossible to eat & do something with your hands & it is relaxing. I crochet a lot - I taught myself with a kit from wal-mart & it doesn't take a lot of brainpower.
Kit from Wally World hhhuummm..I think I may try that. I always thought it would be really hard to learn but I love the home made stuff and would really like a new blanket and I just found out last night that if I keep my hands and find on something else that my cravings pass.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 08:25 AM   #28  
3 + years maintaining

Yay!!!!! I'm so glad you got through last night's cravings. You really are strong!!!! I don't think I could have - I absolutely LOVE cheesecake. And chocolate cream pie. And oatmeal raisin cookies. But once those cravings pass...............ahhh, it's such a relief and it feels soooo good that you've resisited.

My kids all crochet, my mom taught them how. And funny enoough I've never learned, but I too would love to make a nice warm throw for my living room. Gotta look into that.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:04 PM   #29  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I'm really new at this (again! Ha!) but it's so awesome that you're recognizing your crave time! That's 90% of the battle. If you have room in your food plan, why not actually plan a little treat for that time? Back in the day I did ediets and most days I found I had "room" for a serving of frozen yogurt. Oh, but I didn't choose just any frozen yogurt. I chose Ben & Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie frozen yogurt—it totally satisfied my evening craving and I didn't have to flip out about messing up.

Of course, if it's NON-hungry cravings, yeah, totally finding a use for those hands seems to help. Also of course, I "fell off that wagon" after about 6 months so realize my advice might be spurious.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #30  

Thanks for the input not sure yet as to what I'm gonna do but I am looking for something. It isn't like I'm really hungery at that time it is just that I have always had something around that time I think I might try some of those 100 calorie snacks that they have out now.
Closed Thread