Problems with eggs?

• Has anyone ever become intolerant to eggs? Ever since the birth of my last child in 2000, (not that its related) I cannot eat even one egg without having horrible stomach cramps, bloating and gas. It's so bad that I have to sleep it off for most of the day. I even tried "egg beaters", and it had the same effect. I guess because it's 99% real egg, huh? It's just odd that this didn't happen until I was 33. I'm thinking about this alot now, because I'm back on a great eating lifestyle and eggs would add variety.
    Has anyone had this problem?
  • I had a terrible egg allergy (gas, bloating, cramps, loose stools) when I was pregnant, but it stopped when I had the kids. My doctor said at the time that it wasn't uncommon. I hope that you figure out what it is!
  • Oh my gosh, I thought it was just me!! I've pretty much given up eating them. They don't seem to get to me when they're a minor ingredient in a dish, but if I have eggs for breakfast, I'm violently ill by early afternoon (the WORST cramps I've ever felt). I just looked up "egg intolerance" on the internet and found information and comments from others with the same symptoms. Sounds like the general solution to the problem is common sense: If they make you sick, don't eat 'em!
  • Eggs are one of my "morning" allergies. While I can eat them just find in the evening, if I eat them within 5 hours of waking, I will be ill shortly there after.
  • OK, I guess its not just me. It sure would have been better if it was an intolerance to chocolate!