Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 10:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

Carol, Gayle, Eiluj, and beautifulone,
thanks for your condolences. This place is such a great resource, and support network.
I went back to work yesterday and although I have a bad cold, the normalcy and getting back to my routine feels pretty good.
take care all
Tracy
Old 11-24-2006, 11:07 AM   #17  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Tracy!

Just read the thread and am happy to hear that things are looking up for you! My father died suddenly nearly twenty-five years ago, and I can still feel the sadness! The grieving process is simply that...a process. I find that little things bring back memories, and the sadness comes back again. I don't think we ever get over the loss of a loved one; the life force of the person remains in our hearts. What I CAN tell you is that sad memories DO get replaced by happier thoughts of experiences that we had with the person. I find that I feel guided in my life now by conversations that I had with my dad when I was younger. In many ways I feel as though he is with me, guiding me and helping me as he did when I was younger.

I'm praying that you will remember the happy times and that you will find strength to continue your weight loss journey BECAUSE of the love that you know you shared with your dad. I'm sure that he was very proud of you.

Take care!

Cheryl
Old 11-25-2006, 11:26 AM   #18  

Thanks Cheryl.
I was lucky to have had a chance to rebond with my dad while he was in the hospital. I feel very fortunate to have many fond memories that already overshadow the sadness. It's just hard to think of him gone.
Everybody is so wonderful here, and it's nice to hear other people's stories and know I'm not alone.
much thanks
Tracy
Old 11-28-2006, 12:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Tracy,

I'm sorry for your loss. My grandma died last year and I just felt numb for a long time after. Try to cut yourself some slack and give yourself time to heal a little bit. You've been through a lot.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:36 AM   #20  

THanks Fiddler,
Numb is where I'm at right now. I am trying to eat better, and I'm back to getting up in the mornings and excercising. It's still not real to me, and every once in a while it hits me. I'm trying to take it a day at a time and not be too frustrated with my coping behaviour.
thanks for your kind words of support.
Tracy
Closed Thread