Old 11-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Has anyone had or will be having tomorrow Turducken?

If you don't know what a Turkducken is, it is a boneless whole chicken, stuffed inside a boneless whole duck stuffed inside a boneless whole turkey with layers of stuffing inbetween the layers of poultry and roasted like a turkey. It is supposed to be really good but it is very time consuming to do yourself unless you are an expert at deboning poultry or get it done by the butcher. Anyone tried it at all or heard about it from someone who has had it?
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:16 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My friend Audrey did it last year. She said never again.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #3  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

I wanted to do it, but it is SO expensive!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I'll confess, while the concept is not offensive, I've always been turned off by the name. Somehow something with "turd" in the name (however unintentional) doesn't sound appetizing...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:34 PM   #5  

I saw paula deen make one for her thanksgiving show. It looks like it's too much fo a hastle. I'll stick with my turkey.
BooksNLipGloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

I've never tried it or made it but I've heard of it. My local grocery store sells them pre-prepared....but I don't think I'd go for it...I'll stick with turkey
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:04 PM   #7  

CLCSC145, What a laugh you gave me!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:20 PM   #8  

we did one for thanksgiving last year. it took for-freaking-ever to cook. we had 19 people for dinner and i think we had a fair amount of leftovers. i thought it was alright-- not great, but ok. gotta give props to my louisiana brothers and sisters-- they sure know how to be creative with meat!
punkrockgrryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #9  

We received one from my family that ordered it from a catalog last year and honestly, it was awful! I called them and explained to them that it was NOT good and we threw out most of it, they refunded the money to my family.

It sounds good if you want to take the time or find someone who makes good ones. Happy Thanksgiving!
lovemylabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:58 AM   #10  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone for their comments. Somehow I can't imagine ordering any kind of food product from a catalog! Especially something like poultry that goes bad if you look at it wrong. From what I've read from accounts on the internet it is a lot of hassle but most people seem to enjoy it. The worst bit seems to be that the duck skin is kind of nasty because it isn't nice and crisp (not that we should be eating it anyway, it is pure fat) but kind of rubbery but I read somewhere that some people take most of it out, they leave some of it to keep the bird moist and for flavour. Apparently a lot of good restaurants use duck fat for cooking because of the flavour.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote