Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2001, 04:48 AM   #1  
gbo

Default This web site needs our help.........

Look Folks I haven't been here for to long but I know how important this web site is to so many of us and yet this site is in dire financial straights. Now most of us will know just how that is.
This site has over 14,800 members. I just don't see a problem because no matter how tough we a financial bind we have most of us can easily fork in $1.00 per month , every single month. In that way the site is secure and who knows what wonderful things could be added! Please, this is more than a weight loss support. Here we have friends to cherish, here we can share our problems no matter what they are and the members really care. For me I don't know what I would do without the people here to back me up and understand. A pledge of $1.00 measly dollar a month .........surely we can do this to keep our site and even make it better. Lets band together and do this simple little thing .

I will start.....$1.00 a month every month, That's all it would take and God know we waste more than that in a week so lets here it and more over lets do it. You 'll never get a cheaper deal in your life and accomplish so much.
Thank you for Listening
Pam
Old 10-01-2001, 05:09 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

I agree, That I am and this site is worth 1.00 $ a month. I beleive that I read somewhere else that if you click in teh upper right hand corner that you can contribute and AMazon.com is handling it. and I believe that you can send a check to one of teh fat chicks. I will try and find teh reply.

I can't imagine a day not to be able to log on here. I know that I would be very upset if I knew that I could have helped.

We also might want to challenge other groups/forums

SO who can we count on?

ANyone else in?
Old 10-01-2001, 05:53 PM   #3  
gbo

Spread the word get people up off their butts and out of the I zone . After all helping the site is the best way I can think of to help myself....I need this site and all of you and by Golly I know I am not the ony one!!!!!
Lets get motivated for this site and ourselves which is one in the same!!!!!!!!!
Get em Pat !!!!!!!!
Love you all,
Pam
Old 10-02-2001, 12:29 AM   #4  

I have sent a check as have others that I talk to on chat. I agree they need our support.

Thanks for your reminder---will send out another check this week.
Old 10-02-2001, 12:35 AM   #5  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Default I guess since I'm here again...

I can see what we can do....won't be at least for the next month though, got some bill catching up to do....ugh!
Old 10-02-2001, 03:44 AM   #6  
gbo

Everbody gets in a pinch believe me I know!!!!!!!!! So don't feel bad . I am really squeeking myself but I managed a little and will keep it up. Everyone has time when they can 't and when they can...in the meantime click on those banners and lets keep those sponsers happy until just maybe one day we won't need those pop ups to keep this site going!!!
Yeah!!!!!!!!
Pam
Old 10-02-2001, 03:47 AM   #7  
gbo

Nickolas,
You have made my day , you angel you. Get evrybody going just like you are and we will all be in great shape .....in every way!!!
Pam
Old 10-02-2001, 09:36 AM   #8  

I had a nightmare once...

I was getting comfy at my desk, reached over turned on my PC..anxiously waiting it to boot up. While waiting, I was getting excited because I was about to "see" all my friends..had so much to share with them. Brought up the web and went to my favorite bookmark...and something bad happened. Something that I never could have imagined. 3FC was gone forever. I burst into tears. What would I do without all of the wonderful friends that support me, that I support?!?!? WHat about the strangers that inspired me everyday when I logged on? How could I survive? I couldn't.

I have come to rely on this website more than any other website or support group in my life. I have friends here, angels I like to call them. And I would be lost and devastated if this site could be no more.

Thank goodness that was just a bad nightmare. But I too promise to d what I can to make sure that never comes to true. I applaude the 3FC's for not trying to make a dime off of everyone here. They sure could if they wanted to. But instead, they are paying to have this site. Let's help them out...

I am sending a check today..money is very tight right now...but $12 will not break me. $1 a month...that is cheaper than the magazines we al love to buy while in the supermarket.

If just our group sent $12 for a year...look at how much that would help the "angels" who started this site. I owe them much much more than money...
Old 10-02-2001, 11:46 AM   #9  
beautiful

i'd be willing to help out. i think its a great idea to challenge other groups/clubs to do it too. i will send a check if someone can send me the address. (not too comfortable with sending my account numbers over the internet if you know what i mean)
Old 10-02-2001, 12:55 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default I'm in!!

You are so right. Even though I don't post that much, I would be very upset if this site were to go away.

All I need is an address.
Old 10-02-2001, 05:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

I'm in too! I sent $10 in awhile back, but that has LONG since worn off. Have to send some more out to my angels!

M'Chelle
Old 10-02-2001, 07:58 PM   #12  
Devilish Debutante

how do you donate? I'd be willing to give a little something myself. Even though I mostly lurk, this is a great site, I would hate to see it go.
Old 10-03-2001, 12:53 AM   #13  

Here is address

Ms. Suzanne Barnett
3 Fat Chicks on Diet
P O Box 5063
Johnson City, TN 37602

Since, I assumed they did not have an account set up in name of 3fatchicks, I made check out to Suzanne Barnett. I will look at cancelled check to see if there is another endorsement on it.

But I am sure they can use every little bit. One of the people in chat said that she pays $9.99 a month for Richard Simmons site and I believe there was an initial $20 sign up fee. We get the same things here. Recipes, free offers, good chat, great bulletin board....etc.
Old 10-03-2001, 11:20 AM   #14  
Long Time Member

Default Thanks!!

I really appreciate the info!! I will send out a check this weekend!!
Old 10-15-2001, 03:35 PM   #15  
Long Time Member

Bringing this back up!
Closed Thread