Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 09:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/270/170

Height: 5'5"

Default First Time here, need to lose 100lbs,need motivation

Hello Everyone,
I am brand new here and need a lot of help and inspiration. Sounds like the place to be. I am a stay at home mom of two children. A five year old girl and a two year old boy. I always hovered around 175 pounds and thought that was the end of the world. Now I am at 270 pounds and it is frightening me. I feel like I don't have time for myself. Like most of us don't. Any words or helpful hints on reading posts is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:16 PM   #2  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Hey
Welcome to the board!

Post often so we can get to know you, OK?

You can do this

Linda
Old 11-12-2006, 10:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

So glad you're joining us. You'll find a lot of wonderful people here who want you to succeed.

One thing I've found for me is that motivation waxes and wanes. So instead of relying on motivation, I've made a commitment to getting the weight off no matter how long it takes. Do you have an eating and exercise plan in mind? Remember that putting yourself first isn't selfish. You NEED to take that time for yourself because if you're not healthy, then you can't be all that you need to be for your family.

Post often!
Old 11-12-2006, 11:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/205/150

Height: 5' 6"

welcome aboard!
Old 11-12-2006, 11:46 PM   #5  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I'm so happy you've found this site, because honestly, it's the absolute best one I've found for support, and the people here are wonderful, and I think you'll love it here too!
Old 11-12-2006, 11:53 PM   #6  
Kris'smom

Hi I am like you I'm new here and I need to lose more than 100 lbs. The Drs. told me to cut my calories to 1000 and my fat to 15 grams. It sounds like a lot of fun but I have to do it for myself and my son. I want to be around to see him finish college and have a family of his own. I know with the Lord on my side I can do. Maybe we can help each other.
Linda
Old 11-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #7  
loving my beautiful self

you've taken a fabulous step

I hope you find what you are looking for!
and hope to see you around!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to adon1124 & Linda (24jfan)! This place is great for support and tons of information!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:56 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

A big hearty welcome to adon1124 and 24jfan!!! You have found a great place. It's loaded with support, encouragement and advice. Great to have you on board.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:05 PM   #10  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Adon!

Welcome! I was right where you are now several years ago plus five more pounds! I started gaining weight gradually since I was married but really upped the ante after our first son was born. I went down a bit after son #2 then back up. My heaviest was 275. I would be the "Mom" to everyone and run around like crazy doing everything. I was holding down a full-time job AND a part-time job, too. Of course there was all the house stuff to get done as well. I was sleeping just five hours a night so that I could burn the candle at both ends and get even more done. The lack of sleep and the stress not to mention eating just to comfort myself really packed on the pounds. I had been heavy for nearly THIRTY YEARS!

I really admire the young moms who can take off the weight as they raise their families! I wasn't able to do it until my children were older and I actually had time for myself. The 80s were a real blur for me, and even the 90s were! I just think that I tried to do WAY too much and have it all. I DID manage to raise two great sons, but I lost myself in the process.

A couple years ago when I realized that I actually DID have some time for myself, I began my weight loss journey.

The first step I would say to make is to find some times for yourself where you can plan out your "ME" time. Next, I would visit the library and read up on all the most recent information about weight loss. Come up with a plan of eating and exercise that will work for YOU.

I keep a journal of my successes. I weigh myself every morning and also reward myself with non-food "prizes" when I drop each five pounds. Sometimes it is a new CD that I have been wanting or a new pair of jeans (in a smaller size!) It really helps to acknowledge the positive rather than always focusing on all the weight that still needs to come off!

I wish you well, and I hope you will visit here often!

Cheryl
Old 11-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #11  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome. The only advice is to post a lot and read a lot. This is a very motivating place.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:08 PM   #12  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the forum!!! I'm looking forward to seeing more posts from you!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:14 PM   #13  

Well I must say you all sound awesome and I commend each and everyone of you for the weight you have lost and for being so welcoming to me. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes because I know I can do it and I know I want to do it and reading your posts is making me feel real excited to get going. I don't really have an eating plan or an exercise plan. I need to do that because I am floundering around trying not to eat like I have been for the past two years. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what plan to follow or any other eating plan suggestions. I am so upset with myself that I got this way but I am trying to not be so hard on myself either because that will just backfire and who wants that? Not me. I will post often and I will take and and all advice or words of wisdom you have. Again, congratulations to all of you and thanks for the heartfelt welcome.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #14  

This is a reply to: 24Jfan Do you have any plans for eating or exercising? Are you going to follow a certain diet? I feel the same way you do. I have two small kids and I need to be here and be able to run around with them. I guess you can all tell I am new to this posting/thread stuff. I have no clue. Sorry for an confusion.

Last edited by adon1124; 11-13-2006 at 09:12 PM. Reason: I don't know how to reply to a post.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:36 AM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Adon, don't beat yourself up over your current situation. That is non-productive. We're all human. What's done is done. Turning your situation around is doable. You definitely can turn this around. I know seeing everyone's numbers here at 3fc was a great motivator to me.. Lots of people losing lots of weight. If they could do it why couldn't I? And there's no reason why you can't as well.

I've found the best plan for me is a combination calorie counting, high protein, low carb kind of a thing. I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. This way I don't get too hungry. And in just a matter of 3 weeks I was no longer hungry at all and all of my cravings have stopped. I also find I must plan for my day, even the week. I need to know exactly what's on my menu. I also make very tasty food. Lots of veggies, white meat chicken, salmon and talapia, stir frys and so on and so on. I've also added exercise into the mix. I try to walk everyday, just a little bit at first. I have bad knees, no doubt from all of this weight, so lately I've just been dancing, yup simple and it gets me moving. And you can even do this with your kids! I also do sit-ups and I just generally try to move more then I did the day before.

You have to find something that you can do for long-term, for life. At this point I couldn't possibly see going back to my old life-style. It's that quick. 10 weeks ago for me. This becomes your new way of life.

If there's any questions or anything at all you need just let us know. We're all in this together and we're all here for you.
Closed Thread