Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #1  

Default Help!!

I am PowerS and this is my first visit here please somebody help me I have been trying to lose weight for the last 8 years and have been on a roller coaster/yo-yo diet since them. I really need a coach and a friend. I am impressed with some of you and your results. Could someone help me out. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Welcome to 3FC. I think you will find lots of support & motivation here. Feel free to jump right in on any thread or create your own.

What's your plan??
Old 11-10-2006, 04:43 PM   #3  

I just bought the book You, on a diet. It looks pretty good. I have been trying to lose weight since my last baby...he is turning 18 this January.

Cruise100
Old 11-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #4  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Please feel at home, and post away!

Linda
Old 11-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I saw the You on a Diet show on Discovery Health and really enjoyed it. Their way of eating is healthy and their exercise plan is certainly doable.

I know what you mean about losing baby weight. I've still got a few more pounds before I hit 100 lbs. lost, but I've achieved my Weight Watchers goal, losing all my baby fat about the time my son turned 28.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:34 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome, the best thing you can do is come here often and post. You can get and give help. That is how we have all helped each other. Glad you could join us.

I saw the You On A Diet show on Discovery. I want to get that book too. I thought the show was good enough to put on DVD. I want to be able to share it with others.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:31 PM   #7  
One pound at a time...

to the board! The best thing for you to do is jump in on the threads. Plus there is tons of information on this site to read.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

First, you need a sensible plan -- one you can stick with for life. you may not get one overnight... this is a great place to get information about what others are doing and the pros and cons of different plans.

Second, you have to implement the plan! Some people do everything at once and change their lifestyles overnight. Others are overwhelmed by that and take "baby steps"

Third, I think it's important to commit to this process. Obviously, you might not want to commit to one and only one plan, as that may turn out not to work for you. But you have to commit to doing what it takes... even after a failure!! (or 3!). You have to commit to planning to ensure success. You have to commit, for example, to put on those shoes and exercise, even if you don't feel like it.

And finally, keep coming here!!! This is a great source of ideas and support!!!!
Closed Thread